GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pharmacies charging twice for prescriptions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pharmacies charging twice for prescriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacies charging twice for prescriptions

Just clocked this on FB:

Is anyone else aware of the (New?) Practice of pharmacists to charge £15.70 (double the usual charge for a single item) for prescriptions? I picked up a prescription for my Mrs today, one set of tablets, but I was told by two separate pharmacist at two separate chemist that because there are two drugs in the one tablet they have been instructed by the NHS to charge twice!

Anyone here had this happen?

Re: Pharmacies charging twice for prescriptions

WTF

How ridiculous!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I had that happen a few months ago when the pharmacy told me they had to charge double.Told them not to bother and I'd buy it elsewhere because it was cheaper (it was a prescription but available over the counter.)

I realise that, if it's a prescription only medicine, that's not possible.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I always thought though that it was per item?

Comment

So did I PF

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Must be the beginnings of NHS Privatisation and being tested in certain areas.

Comment

They can and do charge when there are 2 drugs, like oral contraceptives or HRT - oestrogen and progesterone. It was always like this and totally unfair for those women that have to pay.

Not wishing to pry, but if it was for womanly things then there is no change. Yet another thing the mandarins at Whitehall did not think about.

Comment

As of April 2013

Prescription prepayment certificates (PPC) are available in England and they can save you money.
                Prescription costs as of April 1 2013
                • The current prescription charge is £7.85 (£15.70 per pair of elastic hosiery).
                • A three monthly PPC is £29.10. This saves you money if you need four or more items in three months.
                • A 12 month certificate is £104.00 and saves money if 14 or more items are needed in 12 months.

Help with prescription costs - Health costs - NHS Choices

miss 5corpio, has an NHS Card for all her medicines that she needs for her thyroid

Alternative, move your Doctor to Scotland or Wales and your medicine is FREE
                Last edited by 5corpio; 23 April 2013, 05:25.

Comment

I've just been looking (because I thought oral contraceptives were free from prescription charges) and found this website which lists items which incur the double prescription charge...and some which incur 3x, 4x and even 5x prescription charges!! NHS Prescription Charge - £7.85 (No VAT) - Prescriptions - Online Pharmacy UK - Totalpharmacy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    I always thought though that it was per item?
                    Me too
                    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

OUCH Im glad i live in scotland.

Comment

Working...
                      X