GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Is your son a partner in the business, a director, employed or self employed? All come under different rules. Also, when did Child Support Agency become involved? Different rules apply under 2003 scheme and new claims after 25th November 2013. All becomes rather complicated.
    So far, every single assessment made by CSA & CMS has been wrong in law. Waiting for the outcome of our 4th Tribunal hearing next week.
    Please accept my apologies, I had missed your post.

Yes my Son is a partner in the business,the CSA became involved earlier this year when his ex wife decided she wanted more money off him to maintain the lifestyle she was used to before the split, besides the money she wants she's currently sitting pretty in a 4 bedroom detached house in a nice suburb living off child maintance payments from her first ex husband and now from my Son and whatever other benefits she can get her grubby hands on.
    And we are pretty sure she's moved in the younger guy who she traded my Son in for....but without us hiring someone to watch the house and colate evidence we can't prove that yet.

Because my Son would not pander to her demands for more money she has stopped him having any access to his 2 young children since May,

So far shes ignored the court order for the divorce legal costs awarded against her so no doubt my Son is going to have to spend a lot more on legal fees by the time he takes her to court for access to the children.
    He is no longer bothered about the money he has invested in the house, he just wants access to the kids and a contract drawn up to say they have agreed whats his is his and whats her's is her's....but I don't think she'll play ball on that one...I suspect she will be after a lot more before it's all sorted, she's never had any input in the business and it was around for a long time before she came on the scene, but my Son's solicitor had warned him she may try for a payoff taking into account my Son's stake in the company.

It's all a big stess at the moment, I'll be glad when it's over and he (and me) can get on with life.....

Comment

• Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Thanks for the reply, just had the decision from tribunal, will have to appeal to second tier now. The Judge is re writing the law relating to 1890 partnership act, trying to attribute most of the partnership earnings to my son. Has sent me a new set of accounts rewritten showing that my son has earned the majority of the business income! Totally wrong in law. This is, and always has been my business, Judge has only allowed £10,000.00 a year as my earnings? Cannot work out what planet the CSA are on. Will now have an arrears notice for over £12,000 owing by my son. Going to Child Support Solutions for professional representation, even if it cost me £10,000+ No option. The system stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
        Thanks for the reply, just had the decision from tribunal, will have to appeal to second tier now. The Judge is re writing the law relating to 1890 partnership act, trying to attribute most of the partnership earnings to my son. Has sent me a new set of accounts rewritten showing that my son has earned the majority of the business income! Totally wrong in law. This is, and always has been my business, Judge has only allowed £10,000.00 a year as my earnings? Cannot work out what planet the CSA are on. Will now have an arrears notice for over £12,000 owing by my son. Going to Child Support Solutions for professional representation, even if it cost me £10,000+ No option. The system stinks!
        Good luck with sorting this mess out, I have a feeling our issues may well mirror yours in the not too distant future. Your quote "what planet are the CSA on" brought a smile to my face, they are exactly the words my Son said to me following their latest demands !

Comment

Son finds them rubbish , single dad of 2 boys she paid 2 months in 8 yrs and stopped direct debit ( cos she wanted a holiday) now to take it further he needs to pay £20 .00 . They awarded £40 per month for the twins.
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Gone through all the paperwork from the Tribunal, written to accountants for advice, but as it stands we would be wasting our time spending any money on appeals, need everything to pay arrears and on going maintenance. will wait for final figures but looks like son will be paying between £1,000 and £1,200 a month for at least next 2 years. If they decide on a lump sum order this will about clear out the business account. Really don't think that he will be able to live and pay his mortgage, may have to move back home.

Comment

Son is now paying £1,108.20 a month in child maintenance. Obviously cannot carry on at this rate. New ltd company formed and started trading as of 1st January. Written to CMS to advise change of circumstances, now wait for the S--t to hit the fan! Expect another tribunal date in the near future but now taking proper legal advice on this case.

Comment

Child Maintenance have issued a deduction from earnings notice to the company, saying we must take £925 a month directly from wages every month. Still not done a proper assessment on what he should really be paying.

Comment

• Went on for another 3 tribunals.Cost me around 15,000 in fees to sort this mess out! Final decision after long delays due to covid, CMS official representative when asked by judge to present their case said it is quite obviously wrong! then when asked if he would like to enlighten them on his comments just said no maam, and sat down. Everything was silent for a moment. Final tribunal Feb 2001 then took until August 2002 for Cms to sort out paperwork. Meanwhile during proceedings cms issued a lump sum deduction order for six thousand five hundred and cleared sons bank account. When speaking with cms manger sorting figures she said it was probably the worst case of mal administration she had to deal with.
                  Cannot claim any costs back, they did refund the two hundred court costs for deduction order but could not repay overpayments as money had already been given to parents with care. No maintenance to pay until overpayments cleared. Just glad it is sorted at last.

Comment

• Annual review, once again CMS got it wrong! No pension contributions taken into account. Letter sent by special delivery explaining that they have made an "administrative error" and copy of tax return showing contributions. Not holding my breath as they are totally incompetent.

Comment

Working...
                    X