GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Went to tribunal on Thursday, all day event. Very thorough interrogation under oath by the forensic chartered accountant appointed as financial representative from ministry of justice, quite obviously a tax inspector, whilst son was asked to leave the room, over an hour. Then son came back into court and was asked almost the same questions. However I feel that the day went well. Letter yesterday to say that there will not be another hearing, decision will be in writing to all parties. Just have to wait again. Got home from tribunal to find the letter regarding VAT investigation, (coincidence?). 1 error in June 2011, vat rate changed and I missed it on a few invoices, underpaid £191.00 will now be charged a penalty. Once again a waiting game.

Comment

• Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Good luck x
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All the best x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Fingers crossed.

Comment

At tribunal the Judge said we would receive a written Judgement in 7 days, phoned Cardiff yesterday to be told the Judge is still consulting, stressed out. What's going on? How long should it take for a Judge's decision?

Comment

Letter from HM Courts & Tribunal Service received yesterday. Directions notice, yet again, another hearing to be held. Clerk to arrange the hearing ASAP. Another waiting game. This will be the 3rd hearing!

Comment

Another hearing? Good luck (again) x
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                  Letter from HM Courts & Tribunal Service received yesterday. Directions notice, yet again, another hearing to be held. Clerk to arrange the hearing ASAP. Another waiting game. This will be the 3rd hearing!
                  Do you think that the other side's lawyers could be milking this for costs? Are you at risk of their costs?

What reason has been given for another hearing or doesn't the Tribunal's Directions make that clear?

Are they asking for further information/evidence or simply another hearing to have another chat about things in front of a judge?

Plan B x

Comment

The directions notice says simply "just and equitable" in relation to variations.
                    That's all, don't know what is going on!

Comment

Went to Tribunal 16th July, Judge asked CSA to do calculations based on diversion of income, everything else thrown out. I pointed to CCS/1246/2002 decision by child support commissioner. The CSA are totally incompetent and do not understand their own rules. Anyway, a new directions notice for a 4th tribunal, God knows how much this is costing. Have decided to employ my son on PAYE all in progress with accountants.

Comment

My Son is just beginning a fight with the Child Support Agency, even though he's paying his newly divorced from ex wife more than a fair amount she's trying to bleed him dry and it appears the pack of lies she's told the agency is working and they have now ordered my Son to pay more which will add up to the best part of £600 per month off him for the two children, add that to the £400 per month she gets off her first husband and the house she's living in for free and other benefits she's pocketing she's living quite a comfortable lifestyle, we are just waiting for her to try to get her grubby ltitle hands on money from the business ....

Comment

Is your son a partner in the business, a director, employed or self employed? All come under different rules. Also, when did Child Support Agency become involved? Different rules apply under 2003 scheme and new claims after 25th November 2013. All becomes rather complicated.
                          So far, every single assessment made by CSA & CMS has been wrong in law. Waiting for the outcome of our 4th Tribunal hearing next week.

Comment

My son is now an employee and for the first time the CMS have got an assessment right! Had to set up PAYE, employers liability, auto enrolment pension scheme and asked accountants to sort out the purchase of son's share of equity in the partnership.
                            Still waiting for the decision of the last tribunal.
                            Had to advise the Judge and the presenting officer for CSA of the law. Will see what comes.

Comment

Just gone through the figures in detail as payment schedule did not match with payments expected of £66.16 a week. They have "created" arrears on account of mum no 2! Yet son continued to pay her £200 a month, which is far in excess of the original assessment. Letter going off today for an answer. If anything there has been a massive overpayment.

Comment

Letter today from HM Courts & Tribunals.
                                This is to inform you that mum number 3 has appealed against a decision of the Child Maintenance Group. The Child Maintenance Group has informed us that you are a party to the appeal. (Any person who may be affected by the outcome of an appeal is known as a party to it).

We make arrangements for the appeal to be heard by an independent Tribunal. We will be in touch shortly with information about how the appeal will be dealt with. Etc etc.

So I phoned the Courts & tribunal service today to find out what is going on. Still not had a decision from the last 4 tribunals.

They told me that a written decision has been posted today. This is a new case and we will receive a directions notice from the Judge.

Cannot believe that they have allowed another tribunal before we have had Judgement from the last 4!

Comment

Working...
                                X