GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elderly Danger to Britains Health - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elderly Danger to Britains Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderly Danger to Britains Health

Here we go again, we 've had one of conman Cameron's back bench bum polishers saying in the House that disabled people should be paid less because we are worth less, now we have a senior economist one Dr bloody Patrick Nolan ( expert and ex banker no less) saying that conman has to "take on" the most powerful lobby in the land as paying the pensions we have paid for all of our lives is one of the biggest threats to a stable economy and conman's cuts (deficit reduction). Ref Daily Telegraph on the net today.

Please can we have the Revolution now? Which book shall I reach for Das Kapital or Mein Kampf? Do I change my name to Strenlikov or Himmler? Can I pull the string on Madame Guillotine? aw please miss, me miss!

God these jokers make me steam!!!!

regards
    Garlok

Re: Elderly Danger to Britains Health

Mr conman Cameron is sailing very close to the wind with his unfounded remarks one of which was no one should claim benefits unless they really need too and if they can put off doing so they should lol.

That rash comment really got my back up as I had been doing that since my stroke in 1990 and did not claim any disability benefits until 2007 because the need came because of redundancy.

Yes I know what you all are thinking, silly bugger but the point was I was earning a good wage then and could live comfy without it plus I am a proud man.

Yes I saved the Government over 80k in benefits I was entitled too over those 17 yrs and maybe not needed to borrow however on claiming in sept 2007 that was no easy task as you know.

Thinking back maybe I was a silly bugger because of how hard it was years later, but at least I can say I have not taken more out of the state than I need too and that means a lot to me.

And it does prove that we are not all spongers as he says we are

Regards
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 22 August 2011, 19:54.

Comment

Good for you Pompey!

I too claimed when I was initially ill, then when I felt better stopped claiming. Last year I had to start claiming again and what a job it was. I am sure if I had merely continued the original claim it would have been much easier.

Comment

Casper,

Greetings fella, now in my case it was not a matter that I felt better so did not claim because as you probably know with a stroke the most recovery will be gained in the first 6 mths post stroke after that your disabilities are stagnent and very little improvment will be gained.

The reason I did not claim was because at the time with both myself and my wife working fulltime we considered we was earning a good income and certainly more than enough to support us.

That decision was purely a moral one, however as we have now learned the Government have no morals.

Mr Cameron is well aware what I have said here as I wrote to him, however have had no reply says it all really.

Regards
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 30 June 2011, 08:31.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	63028_497319580327324_1678756190_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1393414
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Divide and Rule set one section of society against another wake up citizens.

Comment

Working...
            X