GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Address for Correspondence - A Problem? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Address for Correspondence - A Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Address for Correspondence - A Problem?

This isn't really a rant, but I wasn't sure where else to post it - and it does involve family...

I just had a phone call from a family member telling me that she's opened a new bank account (that she doesn't want OH to know about) and put my address down as correspondence address so that nothing gets sent to their home address.

I don't have a problem with her using my address - but will the use of it have any affect on her credit rating given that mine and my OHs credit ratings are shot to pieces? Or would it only be a problem if the account was joint with me?

Re: My Address for Correspondence - A Problem?

It 'May' create a financial link but then you disassociate it and explain to the CRA's it's purely a friend using your address.....

Its fine, I wouldn't worry - however tell your friend to clearly mark it as a correspondence c/o address and not their 'real' address or they'll get pulled and probably declined. So basically make sure they apply using their own address then say to the bank they want to add a correspondence address which the bank have a duty to honour....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: My Address for Correspondence - A Problem?

Thanks Niddy

I'm pretty sure that she'll only have put it as a correspondence address - it's not the first time she's done it so she should be a bit of a pro now

I don't think she'll be looking to take any credit on in the near (or far) future, so hopefully any link (if there is one) shouldn't cause any issues.

Comment

Working...
      X