GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting out of Paying Parking Tickets - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting out of Paying Parking Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting out of Paying Parking Tickets

I know its naughty but I would do this again and again as I believe it is right.

Since the opening of a football stadium near where I live the residents including myself have to have parking permits. This first started a few years ago despite a lot protests from local residents signing petitions.

Anyhow initially it was free to begin with and now we have to pay £10 a year and we get a residents badge and visitor passes for anyone visiting when the football matches are.

When all this first started I was not used to this, and I used to forget giving anyone visiting me one of those visitor passes to display in their cars........saving them getting a £35 ticket. My friends and family had quite a few tickets because of this........... until I thought hang on a minute this is such a piss take..............getting a nobby £35.00 ticket for coming to my house and parking outside. Just because I forgot to give them a visitors pass, so I thought next time anyone gets a ticket I am going to write back with a strong word.

So, not long after when we got the next ticket I wrote to the council and said that there was a visitors parking permit displayed but somehow fell down the dashboard and the parking attendant failed to see. I used this story and a couple more to get out of paying and it worked each time. , I used to blame it on the parking attendant all the time, naughty but nice hey?

Mind you no need to do that now as whenever anyone comes to see me I wait at the front door with a visitors parking permit in my hand
    Last edited by transformer999; 11 February 2011, 14:09.

Re: Getting out of Paying Parking Tickets

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
    I know its naughty but I would do this again and again as I believe it is right.

Since the opening of a football stadium near where I live the residents including myself have to have parking permits. This first started a few years ago despite a lot protests from local residents signing petitions.

Anyhow initially it was free to begin with and now we have to pay £10 a year and we get a residents badge and visitor passes for anyone visiting when the football matches are.

When all this first started I was not used to this, and I used to forget giving anyone visiting me one of those visitor passes to display in their cars........saving them getting a £35 ticket. My friends and family had quite a few tickets because of this........... until I thought hang on a minute this is such a piss take..............getting a nobby £35.00 ticket for coming to my house and parking outside. Just because I forgot to give them a visitors pass, so I thought next time anyone gets a ticket I am going to write back with a strong word.

So, not long after when we got the next ticket I wrote to the council and said that there was a visitors parking permit displayed but somehow fell down the dashboard and the parking attendant failed to see. I used this story and a couple more to get out of paying and it worked each time. , I used to blame it on the parking attendant all the time, naughty but nice hey?

Mind you no need to do that now as whenever anyone comes to see me I wait at the front door with a visitors parking permit in my hand
    That’s scandalous I'm shocked at your criminal antics. Good thinking tho, well done ye wee rascal…

gerry x x

Comment

Good on you - especially as it really was an oversight

Comment

Thanks Gerry & sunnyloo, I think it is criminal having to pay a effing £35 for parking outside my own effin house, LOL,

Anyways that was all in the past and I am now a law abiding citizen, well by day I am , by night don't ask
        Last edited by transformer999; 11 February 2011, 19:13. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Comment

A lot of parking places ask for the ticket to be clearly displayed on the windscreen. I'm surprised you didn't get that one back at you.

But well done though
            "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
              A lot of parking places ask for the ticket to be clearly displayed on the windscreen. I'm surprised you didn't get that one back at you.

But well done though

Hi FF, When the council write back to me they do write that at the bottom "PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLEARLY DISPLAY THE VISITORS PERMIT"

But that was then and this is now

Comment

My response would be "could I kindly suggest that all your attendants carry their corrective lenses with them at all times"
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                  My response would be "could I kindly suggest that all your attendants carry their corrective lenses with them at all times"
                  I thought you were going to say carry their collection tins..

Gerry x

Comment

Thanks oscar and Gerry but I don't think anything that I suggest would be of any relevance to the council

There is a car boot sale every Sunday down the bottom of my road and several times when I have gone I saw a car pull up at 5 Parking Attendants pull out. There are many people who come to the Boot Sale and I don't know if they don't read the signs or not.............but once when coming back from the Sale I saw 7, yes 7 cars in a row with tickets on them. I thought on what a tidy packet the council have made today

People go to car boot sales to get a bargain and because it is cheap, well all that goes down the toilet when they return to their cars hey? as they have no way or excuse of getting out of paying .............unless they knew me and I could suggest a few options or two

But no that is bad and I stopped that dodgy business a long time ago ,

Comment

Thanks oscar and Gerry but I don't think anything that I suggest would be of any relevance to the council

There is a car boot sale every Sunday down the bottom of my road and several times when I have gone I saw a car pull up at 5 Parking Attendants pull out. There are many people who come to the Boot Sale and I don't know if they don't read the signs or not.............but once when coming back from the Sale I saw 7, yes 7 cars in a row with tickets on them. I thought on what a tidy packet the council have made today

People go to car boot sales to get a bargain and because it is cheap, well all that goes down the toilet when they return to their cars hey? as they have no way or excuse of getting out of paying .............unless they knew me and I could suggest a few options or two

But no that is bad and I stopped that dodgy business a long time ago ,
                      Oh your a wee fibber lol Anyway its not being dodgy its just creative thinking.

gerry x

Comment

Thanks Gerry "creative thinker" I think I like that word and yes that is what I was and am

Comment

Thanks Gerry "creative thinker" I think I like that word and yes that is what I was and am

Comment

Watch the Mini clip over on the Media pages, how a woman Got out of a parking ticket (well.....Forward Latual thinking)

Media Forum Link:
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                            X