GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone familiar with Tax Credits on here?! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with Tax Credits on here?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with Tax Credits on here?!

Hello guys

As above , just wantde to run our award past someone as it seems a lot compared to what we were exepcting and i cant face another 45 minutes on the line to them just yet....

Cheers

Re: Anyone familiar with Tax Credits on here?!

This gives you a calculator which works them out for you:

HM Revenue Customs: Tax credits calculator - find out how much you can get

Comment

WILL HAVE A GOOD GANDER AT MUNCHTIME , CHEERS

Comment

Sorry about caps!

Comment

Another good one is:
          https://www.dwpe-services.direct.gov...e/portal/ba/lp

Don't forget that this years TC is based on LAST YEARS income which may be why you're getting more this year - if that's the case, chances are next year will be a lot lower depending on how much you earn THIS year :-)

Edit: And don't forget to check your award notice and that it has ALL the correct details on it!
          Mine had that I used childcare on it and I hadn't for over 3 years!!
          Last edited by alwaysskint; 23 July 2011, 09:32. Reason: Forgot to add

Comment

hmmm , we are getting more this year after doing the renewal on the phone, we earnt between us £29000 10/11 but will earn projected 24k 11/12 ,as the wife is due any day now and is on SMP for 39 weeks and with 1 child at 2 and £45 a week childcare costs , its jumped from £44 to £166 a month !!

Comment

I would get them to double check it. The last thing you want is for the DWP to be reclaiming a massive overpayment when you've just gained a new addition to the family.

I would not have thought a decrease in income of £5000 would have brought a 400% increase in your tax credits. I sincerely hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I'd contact them again, get them to check it and ask for an explanation of why it has gone up so much. I'd also express your concern about the issue of overpayment, as while it won't stop them reclaiming anything overpaid, it will give you a stronger argument for them to take it in more manageable chunks.

Comment

Isn't it due to the fact there's now 2 kids?

Read the award they are quite easy to understand - but on your salary I'd expect you to get over £100pw anyway. I can't remember the figures but £25k for a family of 4 is why tax credits were invented - cos it's not enough. So if you think, you lost £5k per annum earnings, they're now paying an extra £100 per week (x 52 = £5200) to top it back up again plus extra for the new child.

It's probably right as you've TWO changes, not just the income element.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'd still check. For the sake of a phone call it could confirm things one way or another, which will either bring good news or save you a lot of hassle, both of which would be positive outcomes.

Comment

yes , but they said call back when the 2nd baby was born ?!

2011/2012...

I will earn 23k
                    my wife will earns SMP for 39 weeks which they say is £950, which they say is £950 income as far as tax credits are concerned...and the 39 weeks runs out next April....

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                      I'd still check. For the sake of a phone call it could confirm things one way or another, which will either bring good news or save you a lot of hassle, both of which would be positive outcomes.
                      i will bell them when the second baby comes....and then run through again , but when you try and talk current circumstances they talk like robots back to tax years , like they dont care so much waht happens in between , so i always renew on the phone , with my wife and my p60`s....plus chilcare costs , and thats about all the info i can give them

Comment

Originally posted by DGJsaver View Post
                        yes , but they said call back when the 2nd baby was born ?!

2011/2012...

I will earn 23k
                        my wife will earns SMP for 39 weeks which they say is £950, which they say is £950 income as far as tax credits are concerned...and the 39 weeks runs out next April....
                        Have they already taken off the £3900 that they don't count when getting smp?

E.g - Missus earns £5000 but they've got her down for £1100 due to the smp?

Try using this number to keep your phone bill down 01355 359007
                        Last edited by Angelic; 4 August 2011, 22:14.
                        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                          Have they already taken off the £3900 that they don't count when getting smp?

E.g - Missus earns £5000 but they've got her down for £1100 due to the smp?

Try using this number to keep your phone bill down 01355 359007
                          Hiya

sorry for late late late reply!!!

yes , they say that £950 is the income from her part time SMP salary that is left to consider as income....she is on 6200k a year and is currently on SMP till April....£123 a week or thereabouts

cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X