GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another P800 Problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another P800 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another P800 Problem

My son had 2 jobs in 1 tax year 2012-13 ...... In the first job his p45 showed pay of £3400 and tax of £290. His second job showed pay £8300 and tax £740 . Summer of 2013 he had a tax refund of £680; HMRC had obviously failed to marry the 2 jobs. At the time son didn't have any of the paperwork from the first job and happily banked and spent the money!
    October 2013 P800 from HMRC saying he owed £1600! Son phoned them and was told P14 gave different figures from P45 and son needs to make sure previous job gave correct figures to HMRC, which they say they have done.
    March 2014 son has heard from HMRC with a self assessment form as he hasn't repaid £1600. According to my calculations he owes about £400. Other than completing the form and sending a letter explaining above is it worth raising this as an official complaint?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Another P800 Problem

Sorry Cym, did not see this, has this been sorted now? x

Comment

Still fighting it!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you have a look at Di's thread, you will see a similar situation with her friend.

You would need to prove that the employer was at fault for not correctly inputting the P45 details when starting the 2nd job. Then the employer would be responsible for underpaid tax. Not an easy one to do without any information.

Comment

Thanks, the problem stems from the previous employer submitting incorrect details on p14.

Comment

Damn, its a shame that RTI wasn't around when this happened, because its removed the ability to make an error on P14's now.

Comment

Working...
            X