GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Balls up over employee benefits figure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balls up over employee benefits figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls up over employee benefits figure

Morning,

I have received a letter from HMRC stating my self assessment employee benefit figure and the employers figure do not match.

They have asked me to double check and get back to them. I am not sure if i can log in to the Government Gateway portal and check what has been submitted although i guess its possible the company car didn't go through.

I don't remember having a P11D from my employer although should hopefully be able to dig out wage slips.

I have been calling the number all morning although there is no answer.

I was thinking of popping a letter in the post to say this and request the amount is balanced over PAYE. Does anyone know if they would do this?

Thanks
    SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Balls up over employee benefits figure

you need to check what was on the P11D, you should have a copy as it's a requirement your company has to produce. Don't presume that the company is right, over the years mine has been wrong a couple of times, all of which cost me money which I then had to fight to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      you need to check what was on the P11D, you should have a copy as it's a requirement your company has to produce. Don't presume that the company is right, over the years mine has been wrong a couple of times, all of which cost me money which I then had to fight to get back.
      Thanks MrsD.
      What if i am correct in that they didn't supply me with one? Should i say this in the letter?
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

as far as I am aware, they HAVE to provide you with one, I think there may be a fine if they don't. But I think it's your responsibility to chase it up if you don't get one, (although it's difficult because you never know when you're going to get one, some of mine haven't appeared until Sept) Worth a phone call to the company, they should be able to tell you what was on it and send a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          as far as I am aware, they HAVE to provide you with one, I think there may be a fine if they don't. But I think it's your responsibility to chase it up if you don't get one, (although it's difficult because you never know when you're going to get one, some of mine haven't appeared until Sept) Worth a phone call to the company, they should be able to tell you what was on it and send a copy.
          Thanks MrsD - i will double check tonight when i get home.

Regards,
          SA

Comment

I found the P11D and the figures are correct.

Called HMRC and spoke to a really helpful chap who said no problem, mistakes happen. They will put a letter in the post. No penalty, although they charge interest so they will be adding on another £16 for that.
            Last edited by SA Gold; 17 December 2013, 17:11.

Comment

Working...
            X