GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Working Tax Credits. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working Tax Credits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Tax Credits.

I am seeking clarification more than anything else over some conflicting information.

What is the criteria for WTC for people in receipt of DLA - LRC and LRM.

Wont put up what I have been told / found so far. (just so not to lead people to the same conclusion if that makes sense) but will put it up after couple or so responses.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Working Tax Credits.

I am looking into some matters with them at the moment too, I know we will not receive working tax, but we do receive child tax and receive the disability element plus severe disability element (son).

Not sure if this link below is going to be any help for you for now Oscar.

http://www.revenuebenefits.org.uk/ta...lity%20element

Comment

this is HMRC's working tax credit calculator, it will ask everything it needs to know to work out if and what you are entitled to, should be easier

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Di, SX ..... I have seen both of those. Here is my issue.

SX, that link is for the calculator for entitlement - I know the entitlement is there, its the conditions that are the issue.

Di, that is the same info I have seen. Condition1 and 3 are covered, in that obviously, they'll be working, and that DLA is being claimed.

However, Condition 2 seems to state a range of criteria in which ONE (or more) must be met. None are applicable. DLA is claimed on the basis of a congenital condition that falls within the DWPs Disability Handbook.

Both DWP (tax credits helpline) and Turn2us say the entitlement is there at 16 hours, but given Condition 2 is not covered, I am not so sure. However, to complicate matters, a Disability premium is paid on top of JSA.

Another thing about the "calculators" i have noticed is that they say "you might be entitled" - but I might win the lottery tomorrow, I might get hit by a bus.....

Comment

Thats the trouble with the calc, as far as i know, you have to submit your application and then they let you know if you are entitled and how much for.

It def says if your not though lol

I wish i could help more mate.

Comment

Oscar

Someone has just given me details to a low income reform link with telephone number helpline in regards of tax credits and I'm sure they will confirm what is what with yours.

http://www.litrg.org.uk/

Welfare Rights Technical Officer

M: +44 (0)781 3608292
            F: 01388 449 397

I may even give them a call myself later, when I get some time to get round to it.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              Thats the trouble with the calc, as far as i know, you have to submit your application
              Thats the issue! If I get a job with 29 hours and get told no, it would piss me off that I COULD have taken a job with 31 hours and got the answer yes.

Comment

best bet, is to ring the helpline Di has suggested and ask them everything.

Failing that, ring HMRC direct, ask to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about, dont get stumped at the first person you speak to, normally a snotty nosed hippie who hasnt got a clue, ask to speak to someone higher.

Comment

Working...
                X