GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Remortgaging.... d'oh! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remortgaging.... d'oh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remortgaging.... d'oh!

I am now a) kicking myself and b) thanking my lucky stars that I ever found this forum, in equal measure...

We have been stuck on our mortgage lender's SVR for a few years now as they wouldn't offer us a new deal when our last one ended, and we were going through all sorts of financial stress so weren't going to look very attractive to other lenders.

The last 2/3 years things have got a lot better though we still have a couple of defaults between us (not long to go though).

I have (naively) assumed that we would have to hang on until all defaults had fallen off our files before we could remortgage.

But having trawled some of the threads on the mortgage section this evening, the truth has dawned. I've just completed an online remortgage application and am saving us £70 a month.

Another reason to thank AAD and all the lovely advice on here
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Re: Remortgaging.... d'oh!

Congratulations, I hope everything goes through smoothly. I think it can depend on how close to the 6 years that the default is.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks both.

The thing I hadn't realised is (with our lender at least) there is no credit check for a swap to a different deal with the same lender.
        Arrgh!
        Niddified and proud!

Comment

i extended our term with our existing mortgage lender right in the middle of the shitstorm we had and it was fine, very smooth.

Have now paid it off in full and that was a bloody nightmare, they didn't seem to get that bit!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            i extended our term with our existing mortgage lender right in the middle of the shitstorm we had and it was fine, very smooth.

Have now paid it off in full and that was a bloody nightmare, they didn't seem to get that bit!!
            Sorry MrsD, didn't see your reply before.

It'll be a while before we're paid off... so I'l worry about that when the time comes
            Niddified and proud!

Comment

Who are you with?

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                Who are you with?
                Sorry, didn't see this Julian.
                Santander.
                Niddified and proud!

Comment

Working...
                X