GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Concern grows over 'mis-sold' Sipp pensions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concern grows over 'mis-sold' Sipp pensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concern grows over 'mis-sold' Sipp pensions

Many pension savers are paying over the odds for do-it-yourself pensions they don't need, it has been suggested.

There are concerns that a significant number of investors with a self-invested personal pension (Sipp) may have been mis-sold these plans, as they may be paying over the odds for a product they do not need. According to new research from Skandia, a pension provider, one in four Sipp investors has the vast majority (more than 90pc) of his or her investment in unit trusts or Oeics (open-ended investment companies). In many cases they would be able to invest in a range of these funds through a conventional personal pension – which uses a online "platform" to access different funds – at a much lower cost.....Read more here---: Concern grows over 'mis-sold' Sipp pensions - allaboutFORUMS
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Concern grows over 'mis-sold' Sipp pensions

In my view most SIPP's and SASS where sold as what I would call vanity perchases, in the same way you can buy a skoda to get around in but would buy a BMW becuase it's better!!!!

They do have their place mainly in commercial property purchase and for small family/limited company pension planning but apart from that they are a waste of time and money, becuase most people dont use the option they give them.

Comment

Working...
    X