GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabinet Office Directive 28.10.11 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabinet Office Directive 28.10.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet Office Directive 28.10.11

Hi All,

For your information! All of those hoping for or waitng for Civil Service Pensions should start having a good look at what is going on now!

No 1 son on the far side of the world is putting his affairs in order to settle his acrimonious divorce. He did a number of years working for the Ministry of Defence in electronics research (served his time there as well).

On asking for a latest pensions statement end of last week from the Durham office always used in the past, they denied all knowledge of pensions stating it was no longer anything to do with them. He called MoD direct and was given a number eventually in Cheadle Hulme he could call (0800 numbers are not accessible from Oz) where they were very helpful. However he still does not have what he needs.

The Cabinet Office, no less, issued Friday last a directive to all departments involved which states that no more pension statements are to be issued for the foreseeable future to anyone.

Hence I believe that if you are expecting a Civil Service pension then perhaps now is the time to start investigating what you are actually going to get!

regards
    Garlok
    Last edited by garlok; 31 October 2011, 11:13.

Re: Cabinet Office Directive 28.10.11

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    Hence I believe that if you are expecting a Civil Service pension then perhaps now is the time to start investigating what you are actually going to get!

regards
    Garlok
    Thanks for this mate, I knew when I left that i'd get bugger all and expect that to be the same when I retire - point is, we've still too many spongers to really fulfil those of us that work and put into the system - hey ho; not to worry! I'm hoping i'll be 6' under before I am ready for a pension, old age in 2025 UK will be awful, think 1940's UK.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They been refusing pension statements from the NHS scheme for years now. They really don't have the man power to sort the quiries out.

At this time though pound for pound you still can't beat any of the HMG schemes for the benefits they give. Last time I had to work out a match to a government scheme in the private sector it was working out something like 28% of salary.

So they still are one of the best bets out there and you would have to be a very brave person to transfer out.

But when it comes to claiming the benefits always double if not triple check they have all the right figures ( this is the one time they have to send you a statement!!!)

Comment

The problem he has is a legal requirement to declare. I would not argue on the benefits as they stand but I also remember that this country stands on the brink of almost a general strike shortly based on the changes the government wants. Plus I happen to know that even people of his age and service years (80s and early 90s) are not altogether guaranteed to be on a final salary scheme that is already written in to the terms! I've seen them. Hence a "pot" figure" should be not that hard to calculate.

Garlok

Comment

Agree that pensions and employment terms and conditions have always been one of the few real benefits of being a public sector worker. There must come a time however, with the demographic change which is taking place, where the current system becomes unsustainable.

Comment

Yes Bboo I think that has be the case. I do know a couple of people in management roles in the courts service who after roughly 30plus years service are having to re-apply for their own jobs next March.

Both are pulling the plug as they have been told to get their pensions whilst they can. One who is very very experienced has said she is going to get a job stacking shelves in the supermarket as further service in the public sector won't be worth a light.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Working...
            X