GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another example of why you should record your phone calls - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another example of why you should record your phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another example of why you should record your phone calls

You know howI like to waffle so will cut a long story short.......

I needed to change some details on my car insurance last week, so rang up Post Office insurance to arrange. I was told that they couldn't continue with the current policy but had to cancel meaning I would take out a completely new policy.

Strange I thought but knowing insurance companies tricks I enquired whether there would be any fees to do this.

"Oh no there wouldn't be" I was assured. I asked them to confirm this again.......

"Oh actually there is" came the reply - "A re-arrangement fee".

"Oh no there won't be" says I, "Not when I am having to start a new 12 month policy"

"I will go and speak to my supervisor" says the confused customer services agent. A couple of minute later she comes back:

"My supervisor has waived the charge" she says.

"Wonderful" says I "I'll go ahead with the policy then."

So fast forward to yesterday checking my bank account online it looks suspiciously light. And it is, bloody Post Office have taken not just the deposit but also the 're-arrangement' fee.

Back on the phone to the Post Office and was dealt with by a rather rude snooty woman who stated "The charge is correct and the charge will stand."

"Oh no it won't" says I "Because I ensured I checked with your colleague that there would be no charges"

"No-one would have told you that" states snooty woman "You must be mistaken"

"I'm not mistaken" says I "You are the one who is mistaken. Please check the recording of the call and you will see I am correct".

"I don't need to" says snooty woman "We would never have said that"

"Ok" says I "Perhaps you would like to listen to the recording I made of the telephone conversation? And when you have I will ensure that that recording plus the recording I have made of this conversation is included in my complaint both to your company and the regulating bodies"

Result - my money immediately refunded.

WHY? WHY? WHY?!!! Does it have to be like this?!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Another example of why you should record your phone calls

Nice one SnV, You're right though, it shouldn't be that way at all.

May I ask what you use to record calls? I've been considering a TruCall for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
      Nice one SnV, You're right though, it shouldn't be that way at all.

May I ask what you use to record calls? I've been considering a TruCall for a while.
      Nothing so sophisticated for me!

Put my phone on speakerphone and then just record it using microphone connected to the computer!
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

NICE ONE sv

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          NICE ONE sv
          Thanks 5copio - Just shouldn't be necessary but I now have taken to recording all telephone calls with 'customer service' departments or any phone calls to corporations.

Its amazing the back peddling that occurs when they know that you have a phone conversation recorded.......

Comment

good work SnV!! it's a shame you have to resort to that but if that's what it takes....x

Comment

If you have a smartphone there are a few recording apps on the internet only works on mobiles though.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                If you have a smartphone there are a few recording apps on the internet only works on mobiles though.
                I'm stuffed
                I have a stupidphone
                It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                  I'm stuffed
                  I have a stupidphone
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Trucall is excellent and well worth the money. It is unbelievably clever.

Recording on a mobile (I need to for some calls) I tried every app going and none worked well. Eventually came across 'Sanity' and it is absolutely superb. Just needs setting to record in mp4 format, then download VLC media player free off the internet and you can transfer calls to your computer dead easily with good sound quality.

I find it better than Killer Mobile and all the other well known apps out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                      I'm stuffed
                      I have a stupidphone
                      Some phones allow you to record directly to the phone when on a call - press the options button and select from the list.

I know for a fact the Nokia 6500 classic has this function.

Comment

Strangely a lot of the older phones have this function. Apparently it was phased out because in the good ol' US of A it is illegal to record calls. The manufacturers didn't want to risk law suits.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                          Trucall is excellent and well worth the money. It is unbelievably clever.
                          Not half as clever or as good as our new service though

* more details soon!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X