GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Multi claims discount question (Direct line) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi claims discount question (Direct line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi claims discount question (Direct line)

Please does any of you know in regards of multi claims car discount applies to getting a discount on all cars?
    For example, we own a car but added another with the same business, in our case Direct Line, should discount apply to both?

thanks in advance.

Re: Multi claims discount question (Direct line)

Hi, if you mean the no claims bonus, that is relevant to 1 person 1 car. The only way you can have Multi car discounts is when some companies such as Admiral and Churchill give NCB to all drivers listed on a policy and a different driver takes out a new policy with them.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      Hi, if you mean the no claims bonus, that is relevant to 1 person 1 car. The only way you can have Multi car discounts is when some companies such as Admiral and Churchill give NCB to all drivers listed on a policy and a different driver takes out a new policy with them.
      Thank youn Cym, my hubby introduced our son to ours Direct Line 2 years back, my son has is own car, and main policy holder, and hubby added as additional driver to his car, plus we have our own car with direct line x

Comment

Also had email back from Direct Line (our son does live at our address)........

Dear

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

In order for your policy to be eligible for multi-car discount, the second vehicle must be kept at the same address as your vehicle. I have checked your policy and you are not currently getting this discount and this may be the reason why. If, when you set up your policy you didn’t select more than one vehicle in the household, this may also be a reason. However, your son may be receiving this discount, in which case you would need to call us on 0845 246 8701 in order to speak to one of our advisors and add this discount on.

Comment

You would think that they would link people and offer the discounts instead of expecting the customer who pays their bills having to do their job for them!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            You would think that they would link people and offer the discounts instead of expecting the customer who pays their bills having to do their job for them!
            Very true Cym.

Bet they wont backdate though, i know its something we should have checked on before, so lesson learnt there on that one lol x

Comment

Worth fighting for as they had the original policy before adding the second one.

Comment

Does this make sense to you, when hubby rang them he was told, that my son would get it, because my hubby suggested him to our insurance as a main driver on his car and my hubby additional (named) driver, then my hubby donates the multi car claims discount to him, now going by the write up it more or less states for one or more car then each car gets a discount??

http://www.directline.com/car-insura...-car-insurance

Benefits of our multi-car discount

• You’ll get a discount for every additional car you insure with us
                  Save money every time you add another vehicle. And anyone living in the same home is eligible for a discount on their vehicles too. Subject to minimum premium. Introductory discount.
                • Your No Claim Discount will not be affected by other drivers on a policy
                  If one of you has an accident or makes a claim, the others won’t lose their No Claim Discounts.
                • Every car you insure can keep its own renewal date
                  Each policy can keep its current start date, so there’s no need to worry about the expense of policies all renewing at the same time.

Comment

.........Just to add, that we have our own car with direct line and my son has his own car, but hubby is added on his as additional driver (both at same address).

Comment

This is what they said below, but I thought Multi car discount was already in action with Direct Line when my son finished his other at Swinton car insurance to go with direct line 3 years ago?

Having had the opportunity to review your concerns, I am aware that my colleague spoke to you on 5
                    September 2014 and explained that the Multi Car Discount (MCD) has been applied to your son’s policy.
                    During this call you were advised that as your policy was the donor policy (i.e. the first policy with us), the
                    discount was only applicable to any subsequent policy purchased subject to the terms and conditions.

In regards to your further email of 5 September 2014, which again raises concerns about the MCD, I would
                    like to clarify that the terms and conditions for applying the multi car discount have changed since your
                    son’s policy was purchased. The information you have referred to from our website is only applicable to
                    new policies.
                    In light of the above, you would not be eligible for the multi car discount unless you applied for a new
                    business policy as the rating factors have changed since you purchased the original policies. Please note
                    that should you wish to take advantage of the current MCD for both your and your son’s policies, then they
                    would need to be cancelled subject to any applicable cancellation fees.

Comment

Working...
                    X