GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car nsurance on instalments? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car nsurance on instalments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car nsurance on instalments?

Read in the paper that fully comp motor insurance is going to rise about 40%. Just got my renewal and it's gone up 40%!

Have had a look round and I can get it for the same as my existing payments. As I pay on instalments and don't have the money to spend up front I was wondering if having a default on my credit history means that instalments with a new policy will be a non-starter?

Ta.

Re: Car nsurance on instalments?

I'm not sure about this but I managed to get home insurance on instalments (interest-free) when I'd already got a couple of defaults.

Have you checked out cashback sites like TopCashBack and Quidco. I've had cashback amounts of £70 and £56 on my car insurance in the last couple of years.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, don't know if you got your insurance sorted out yet, but we got both car and house insurance and both of us have defaults and it was not a problem 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Scarednshakin
        Hi, don't know if you got your insurance sorted out yet, but we got both car and house insurance and both of us have defaults and it was not a problem 2
        Thanks for letting me know! I'll give them a call tomorrow and try and beat them down, if not then I'll switch.

Ta.

Comment

Working...
        X