GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pension Query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pension Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension Query

Hi

back in the mid 80's my parents were paying into a pension before they were made redundant

my Dad paid approx 10years into a plan and mum 3years

the thing is they are unaware of who pension was with or how to get this information

can anyone advise what route to take to locate my parents pension plans they are close to retirement now

Re: Pension Query

Hi kamba. The government run a free Pension Tracing Service which may be able to help.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That pension tracking service will give you the current name and address of the provider or pensions administrator. It takes a few weeks. Then you need to contact each of them, as the service only provides those details, it does not claim the pension for you . I am not sure what will happened if the company managing the pension is no longer trading, there is government protection in some cases.

If your parents are still living at the address recorded on the pension file from when they worked, sometimes the pension fund makes contact, when you approach retirement age.

In other cases, the pension is liquidated on redundancy and paid as a lump sum, especially when there are only a few years service.

Comment

Thanks for the further clarification julian.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X