GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TTC v Very - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TTC v Very

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TTC v Very

I'll check through your emails etc tomorrow matey - too complex for me just now (head mashed).....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No Prob mate!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Response for the 3rd time from call credit (Noddle)

Thanks for your email. I can completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I can only apologise that I’m not in a position to assist you any further.

The data held by Callcredit is supplied by financial organisations, local authorities, courts and insolvency services. Callcredit then pull it all together to create your credit file.

As a data controller Callcredit are required under the Data Protection Act to query anything that we’re informed may be incorrect and we do this via our online dispute process.
        On this occasion we have queried the data with the organisation that supplied it and they haven’t authorised any changes. Without authorisation from the supplier we cannot make any changes to the data we hold. If we were to make any changes to our database they would be overwritten the next time the lender sends us information.

The next step is to get in touch with the lender directly to find out why they believe the data they are sharing is accurate. If the response you get from them isn’t to your satisfaction then it may be worthwhile contacting the Financial Ombudsman to see if they can help. This link will take you directly to their web page which details how to go about resolving a dispute with a financial organisation - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm.

I hope this helps you make some progress toward resolving your dispute.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I'll check through your emails etc tomorrow matey - too complex for me just now (head mashed).....

The e-mails are Capital One thread i.4. THE TECH CLERKS - CAPITAL ONE = LOWELLS NOW

10-08-2014 - Copy of the alledged agreement sent to Ni

10-08-2014 - Copy of the alledged agreement sent to Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            Response for the 3rd time from call credit (Noddle)

Thanks for your email. I can completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I can only apologise that I’m not in a position to assist you any further.

The data held by Callcredit is supplied by financial organisations, local authorities, courts and insolvency services. Callcredit then pull it all together to create your credit file.

As a data controller Callcredit are required under the Data Protection Act to query anything that we’re informed may be incorrect and we do this via our online dispute process.
            On this occasion we have queried the data with the organisation that supplied it and they haven’t authorised any changes. Without authorisation from the supplier we cannot make any changes to the data we hold. If we were to make any changes to our database they would be overwritten the next time the lender sends us information.

The next step is to get in touch with the lender directly to find out why they believe the data they are sharing is accurate. If the response you get from them isn’t to your satisfaction then it may be worthwhile contacting the Financial Ombudsman to see if they can help. This link will take you directly to their web page which details how to go about resolving a dispute with a financial organisation - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm.

I hope this helps you make some progress toward resolving your dispute.
            Well it looks to me that Capquest are using a default/purchase and changing the default date from the originator to the date they bought it and recording non payments monthly on Noddle /Others?, yet in my case they know the account is in dispute with originator, it is just another dirty trick to get you to pay no doubt, it is time Regulators withdrew the criminal operations of these so called debt buyers, even Judge Jeffries got hung in the end for his crimes against the states people = Stone Gallows.
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 August 2014, 08:43.

Comment

13/08/2014 - E.Mail to Capquest sent to-day:-

The Default which you have added to my file are a breach of the data protection act for the following reasons:-

1.a. You have altered the original Default date which is against FCA(BCOB) rule and have refused Call credits request to correct.
              2..a. As notified to you 2 payments missing from Shop Direct within your figures>?

1. All data must be accurate and up to date.
              2. You must carry over the original default date if you have purchased an outstanding account from another company
              3. You are only able to up date my credit file if Shop Direct had removed their original default from my credit file (thus treating it as a continuation the an original account, but this is not the case)
              4. You have effectively added the default by which would impair my credit score for a six years.

No response what so ever from Capquest since my e-mails yet they have refused to correct the default date which very originally applied and just left it to their so called purchase date, Noddle state they refuse to alter dates,

Capquest also have not responded to original Telecom to them when I informed them account in dispute also 2 payments missing from shop direct submitted it seems during selling off, also sent copies of a statement of refund in/out of account by shop direct, also an e-mail shop direct state sorry for selling whilst in dispute but contact capquest the purchasers who will sort it out?

anybody had dealing with this crowd??

Comment

Sorry TTC. Never had an account with Very. CapQuest have had a few of my accounts in the past (when they were under the old management) and currently have one account but I haven't heard from them for months.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

: correction of entries in credit reference agency files

CONC 9.2.1
                  01/04/2014
                  FCA

Within 10 working days after any of the following events1) the credit reference agency giving notice under section 159(2) of the CCA that it has removed an entry from the file kept by it about an individual or has amended such an entry (including where it has amended an entry by removing information from it); or
                  (2) the credit reference agency giving notice under section 159(4) of the CCA that it has received a notice under section 159(3) requiring it to add a notice of correction to the file and intends to comply with the notice; or
                  (3) the expiry of the period specified in an order of the FCA or the Information Commissioner under section 159(5) of the CCA as the period within which the order is to be complied with;
                  the credit reference agency must give notice of the particulars specified in CONC 9.2.2 R to eachperson to whom at any time since the relevant date it has furnished information relevant to the financial standing of the individual concerned.

[Note: regulation 5 of SI 1977/330]

CONC 9.2.2
                  01/04/2014
                  FCA

The particulars referred to in CONC 9.2.1 R are1) in relation to information included in any entry which has been removed or amended or which is referred to in a notice of correctiona) particulars of any entry which has been removed from the file and a statement that it has been removed;
                  (b) particulars of any entry which has been amended and of the amendment, or of the entry as amended; and
                  (c) particulars of the entry, together with a copy of the notice of correction; and

(2) where the information did not include the entry which has been removed or amended or which is referred to in a notice of correction, but which (whether in the form of a rating or opinion or otherwise) was based in whole or in part on any such entry and has been, or falls to be, modified by reason of the removal, amendment or noticea) particulars of the modified information; and
                  (b) a statement that the information has been modified by reason of the removal, amendment or notice, as the case may be.

CONC 9.2.3
                  01/04/2014
                  FCA

In this section, "the relevant date" means the date one month immediately preceding the receipt by the credit reference agency from the individual of the request, particulars and fee referred to in section 158(1) of the CCA, or the request and fee (if a fee is payable) referred to in section 7(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, if applicable, the receipt of any further information requested by the credit reference agency referred to in section 7(3) of that Act.

Sent Noddle the above quote via e-mail to-day. they might get fed up and insist accurate info from Capquest on default date and the removal of the incorrect default date/their take over date. also that they know account in dispute from evidence/admission by Shop direct e-mails.

Comment

Data that is reported on your credit file must be fair, accurate,

consistent, complete and up to date.

Lenders that supply data to the CRAs are required to ensure that the data is accurate, up to

date and meets agreed quality standards.

: correction of entries in credit reference agency files

CONC 9.2.1
                    01/04/2014
                    FCA

Within 10 working days after any of the following events1) the credit reference agency giving notice under section 159(2) of the CCA that it has removed an entry from the file kept by it about an individual or has amended such an entry (including where it has amended an entry by removing information from it); or
                    (2) the credit reference agency giving notice under section 159(4) of the CCA that it has received a notice under section 159(3) requiring it to add a notice of correction to the file and intends to comply with the notice; or
                    (3) the expiry of the period specified in an order of the FCA or the Information Commissioner under section 159(5) of the CCA as the period within which the order is to be complied with;
                    the credit reference agency must give notice of the particulars specified in CONC 9.2.2 R to eachperson to whom at any time since the relevant date it has furnished information relevant to the financial standing of the individual concerned.

[Note: regulation 5 of SI 1977/330]

CONC 9.2.2
                    01/04/2014
                    FCA

The particulars referred to in CONC 9.2.1 R are1) in relation to information included in any entry which has been removed or amended or which is referred to in a notice of correctiona) particulars of any entry which has been removed from the file and a statement that it has been removed;
                    (b) particulars of any entry which has been amended and of the amendment, or of the entry as amended; and
                    (c) particulars of the entry, together with a copy of the notice of correction; and

(2) where the information did not include the entry which has been removed or amended or which is referred to in a notice of correction, but which (whether in the form of a rating or opinion or otherwise) was based in whole or in part on any such entry and has been, or falls to be, modified by reason of the removal, amendment or noticea) particulars of the modified information; and
                    (b) a statement that the information has been modified by reason of the removal, amendment or notice, as the case may be.

CONC 9.2.3
                    01/04/2014
                    FCA

In this section, "the relevant date" means the date one month immediately preceding the receipt by the credit reference agency from the individual of the request, particulars and fee referred to in section 158(1) of the CCA, or the request and fee (if a fee is payable) referred to in section 7(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, if applicable, the receipt of any further information requested by the credit reference agency referred to in section 7(3) of that Act.

Sent Noddle the above quote via e-mail to-day. they might get fed up and insist accurate info from Capquest on default date and the removal of the incorrect default date/their take over date. also that they know account in dispute from evidence/admission by Shop direct e-mails.

Usual Reply;-

Thanks for your emails. Unfortunately we’re unable to remove anything from your credit report without receiving evidence or authorisation that we should do so.

In this case I can see that we’ve dispute the information and the lender has advised that you’ve contacted them regarding this and if you have a further dispute regarding the default date you’ll need to contact them directly to discuss this further.

As we’ve mentioned before If the response you get from them isn’t to your satisfaction then it may be worthwhile contacting the Financial Ombudsman to see if they can help. This link will take you directly to their web page which details how to go about resolving a dispute with a financial organisation - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm.

Comment

Original e-mail sent to my IP:-

We are looking to contact you in regards to a personal matter that has been transferred to Capquest. Please contact our customer service department on
                      03339997218 - (Your operators standard charges apply), at your earliest convenience. Our call centre is open 8am to 9pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 7pm Fridays and 9am to 2pm on Saturdays.

Alternatively please reply to this e-mail with a contact number and the best time to call you, and one of our customer service representatives will be in touch.

If you are not: xxx xxxx xxxxxx or if you do not wish to be contacted by e-mail then please reply to this e-mail with “INCORRECT e-mail” or “NO CONSENT TO e-mail” in the subject header.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

If you are not: xxx xxxx xxxxxx or if you do not wish to be contacted by e-mail then please reply to this e-mail with “INCORRECT e-mail” or “NO CONSENT TO e-mail” in the subject header.
                        If you respond as per the "NO CONSENT" option then you are doing Capquests tracing job for them and verifying that the details they have are probably accurate, and to which they will then probably ignore your request, or label you a 'won't pay'.

I would almost always suggest (unless a shared email address), that emails from creditors are best ignored. They cannot verify that the recipient is the debtor in question, they cannot verify that the email has been received, never mind read, and because it costs them more, and slows the process down, its always better to get them onto snail mail.
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Data that is reported on your credit file must be fair, accurate,

consistent, complete and up to date.

Lenders that supply data to the CRAs are required to ensure that the data is accurate, up to

date and meets agreed quality standards.

Usual Reply;-

Thanks for your emails. Unfortunately we’re unable to remove anything from your credit report without receiving evidence or authorisation that we should do so.

In this case I can see that we’ve dispute the information and the lender has advised that you’ve contacted them regarding this and if you have a further dispute regarding the default date you’ll need to contact them directly to discuss this further.

As we’ve mentioned before If the response you get from them isn’t to your satisfaction then it may be worthwhile contacting the Financial Ombudsman to see if they can help. This link will take you directly to their web page which details how to go about resolving a dispute with a financial organisation - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm.
                          25/09/2014 - letter from noddle states Capquest refuse to correct default entry date again, or as stated "Cannot be Removed",the disputed entry will be visible from now on,

after all the CONC * rules quoted in respect of altered default dates by a DCA/Purchaser and notification account in dispute!

leave for a couple of days and send complaint via their system again again as before.

after original call to them stating Account in dispute also payment not showing and the operator (Man) stated will look into it, I did state no furter payments until the two previous payments show, also I sent spreadsheet showing default/telecall charges etc

Comment

Well thought I would apply for a Halifax current account - refused
                            Tried Co-op = refused due to CRA file

so looks Capquest mis-use of data dates on the Very Default by one year is detriment to accurate reporting, they also know account payments in dispute yet register at DF on monthly payments, Capital One Default should of dropped off as well.

The only other area is the CCJ by HSBC from 2011 which they got with no CCA1974 found.

Originally Posted by The Tech Clerk
                            well well Capquest have put a default on my CRA for 14 may 2014 regarding Very account, actual default date was14th March 2013 by shop direct,. query sent to Noddle to inform them.
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 October 2014, 12:15.

Comment

E-Mail from Experian received to-day:- after sending them the same e-mail as equifax (not responded yet) also call credit who keep saying/sending capquest refuse to correct entries.

*Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd Account started 13/03/2010

I'm pleased to let you know that this information has now been removed from your credit report, to see this change, you may wish to look at an up to date copy of your credit report.

Kind regards

Anila Anndrew
                              Customer Service Representative
                              Customer Support Centre
                              Experian

Comment

applied for Halifax current account before above and was refused,

Tried CO-OP - refused, stating check equifax CRA as info taken from there? hence the e-mails sent above.

cap - lowells default should be off the file now. CCJ HSBC no CCA1974 since 2011, so have to stick to the account I have now,
                                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 October 2014, 09:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X