GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Warning - Phishing Email from Co Op - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning - Phishing Email from Co Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - Phishing Email from Co Op

Just thought I'd post this up as a quick warning to be on your guard in case anyone else has received the same email seeing as quite a number of us have basic co-op accounts.

It's quite a good phishing email, in that it looks relatively genuine and comes from (supposedly) "THE COPERATIVE BANK <services@nationwide.co.uk>" (Surely that should be Co-Operative, not Coperative bit of a give away, but only if you look twice at it.

Online Banking Access Revoked

Dear Valued Customer,
    Our online banking security team observed multiple errors on your account, therefore we have taken this security procedure. Your Online Banking Access has been revoked for security reasons.

An extra verification process is required to confirm your identity and your account security. Please click below to continue to the verification process.

Failure to verify your account details correctly will lead to account suspension

Verify Your Identity

There was a link under the Verify your Identity which would've taken me to studiomaurelli.com/wages/cooperative/index.html (web address deliberately not included as a link) - not quite the site I would expect were this a genuine email.

Re: Warning - Phishing Email from Co Op

I got the same email DNW but just deleted without opening it as the Co-operative says that they do not send emails to customers
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      The firsts ones I got over ten years ago so by now I'm used to just hitting DEL.
      Poor DEL its not her fault!!
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        You mean Del Boy? It probably IS all his fault!
        I was thinking A Del e, shes got a mean voice!!
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
        X