GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Yet more HSBC blunders This time Direct Debit related - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet more HSBC blunders This time Direct Debit related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more HSBC blunders This time Direct Debit related

Basically i have my direct debits set up to coincide with getting paid.

The main 1 being the rent which at £183.74 a fortnight on my payday has been fine for the last 6 months

However i get paid 2moro and for some reason HSBC have collected the Direct Debit 2day. A day early.

After speaking to the originator yesterday morning (after looking at HSBC Pending Payments) to find that the DD was being collected early i confirmed that the payment date was the 2nd not the 1st.

So off i ring HSBC and get told that it is in no way a HSBC error even when i have the proof that it must be by a CSA, their manager and also after a ring back from the backend team that deal with DD's and SO's.

So this DD has left me over my overdraft with HSBC. and to top this off 2 SO's show debited from HSBC but havn't credited at Halifax as of yet.

HSBC seem to be playing silly beggers with me as of late and this seems like another fob off.

Any ideas about this DD issue as i read from the DD guarantee that HSBC would refund me if there is any error involved though i may have misread it as havn't slept well last few days.

Appreciate the input guys and gals
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Yet more HSBC blunders This time Direct Debit related

Direct debits are asked for by the company. So they may have requested it earlier than normal. If you request a direct debit indemnity form be completed asap. They may say it takes up to 14 days but be firm

Hope that makes sense

Comment

Re: Yet more HSBC blunders This time Direct Debit related

Stick to your guns and you should get any charges refunded.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X