GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Notice of Account Closure - Now Main Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice of Account Closure - Now Main Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Account Closure - Now Main Account

Well I'm certainly not having any fun with things now.

I had a letter come through on Sat from Co-Op saying that they are Closing my Account due to having been in an unauthorised OD which with Cashminder account is a big no no and was a mistake (on a few occasions ) and the timing of this all is a right PITA seeing as I've set all my SO's and DD's and Wages to go into this account.

Luckily I still have my Barclays Accounts so can fall back on them though I find it somewhat interesting that I had gone into the Co-Op only on Thurs 4th Dec to investigate if I could upgrade my account (and tbh the cashier didnt put any effort in at all and essentially shooed me away)

I am going to give their Customer Services a call and see if this can be reversed and at same time see if possible if the account can be upgraded as to include a £50 OD which is all that I will need going ahead and is good for those Green 000000s on the Credit File.

Though I am not holding my breath as I'm expecting them to stick to their guns on this but if you dont as then you don't get so I may as well ask - Plus with their Head Office being in Manchester I may see if I can get this all sorted in person rather than via the Phone which may be the deciding factor in all of this.

When it Rains it does Pour eh?
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Notice of Account Closure - Now Main Account

save the effort mate. If you've breached the cashminder terms they will not upgrade you because in essence you'd fail the first hurdle - eligibility.

I'd open a new account elsewhere and do a full transfer so all DD's etc get moved for you.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well After calling them today the closure is now on hold pending them investigating the issue - which at least for now I would say is a small victory.

Hopefully the fact that there will be minimum 2k turnover through that account each month will help to make their minds up
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

I'd not hold your breath. I've had £10k a month before but hsbc still shut my accounts and I did nothing wrong.

Anyway good luck - Id still provision for refusal. If they upgrade you I'll piss myself as it'd be a direct contradiction on their own account opening (and closing) terms.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah I'm not holding my breath - if it does get over turned then tbh win win

Otherwise looks like I'll just stick with my Barclays accounts

Comment

Any news mate?

Comment

Nothing as of yet - Been busy with other pressing matter to chase it (although it was only Monday that I rang up about it)

I'd expect that I'll get some sort of letter through the post in the next few days with complain Number etc

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Got a letter come through on Sat that just said it's been passed to the complaint team and that I'll get another letter in the next few days - not been home yet so may be one waiting when I get there

Comment

latest is that they are still investigating

should know more by feb

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post

should know more by feb
                      what - by Feb?

Just leave em mate - they're crap anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        what - by Feb?

Just leave em mate - they're crap anyway!
                        Indeed they are as my PPI Complaint proved

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post

should know more by feb
                          actually latest is now ive got home

account is no longer going to be closed as now on "last chance" - and that they cannot offer advice on other banking products and doubt i'd pass their scoring

at least i dont have to go back to Barclays fornall my banking :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X