GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Banks backing up bounced direct debits to get charges?, some screen shots inside - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banks backing up bounced direct debits to get charges?, some screen shots inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks backing up bounced direct debits to get charges?, some screen shots inside

Hi all.
    Wont go into detail but this is my account used for utility dds, yesterday I woke up and checked my banking and noticed a dd to talk talk which I had forgotten about. Saw that hsbc had paid it so figured no issue and paid in enough from main account to cover the overdraft. Hsbc say they will not charge for being od if the account is back under limit before 3.30 on the end of the working day.
    Now being ultra cynical of banks I take copies and screen shots of everything so here is a screen shot of my online banking from yesterday lunch and last night. How they managed to go back in time and change what I understood to be a live statement is beyond me. I do believe that had I not credited the account they would of paid the payment and charged me a overdraft fee. Naturally I dont wanna pay this, I know its my responsibility to make sure funds are there but they had paid it so any opinions on me getting this revoked would be much appreciated.

Lunch:

Last night:

Re: Banks backing up bounced direct debits to get charges?, some screen shots inside

Do you have any agreed overdraft btw? Looking at your screen print suggests not as yours reads "overdrafts" whereas mine reads "amend overdraft" so because you were already £6.49 o/d maybe they refused the DD period, which they do have a right to do cos the account was overdrawn for more than a day, when the talk talk DD was debited...

Make sense? If not mate, speak to branch.

A lot of this depends of whether you have an agreed overdraft and my assumptions above are based on u not having one.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Banks backing up bounced direct debits to get charges?, some screen shots inside

No I dont. They offered me a business od but I dont want it if I can help it.

Comment

See my edited post mate

That explains it for you and makes sense to me. I'd blag it in branch but they will use the reason I quoted above. You shouldn't have stayed o/d mate. That invalidates any future bills (ie they'll bounce till u clear ALL arrears)...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
          No I dont. They offered me a business od but I dont want it if I can help it.
          Mate, looking at the above screenshots I'd say take an o/d of £100 to cover these scenarios.

Comment

Different account, I doubt they'd give me an od on this account as it doesnt get much use.

My issue was just the fact that it was showing as paid at lunch, paid in enough to cover it then bounced after and changed the statement to show it bouncing before the credit. If they had bounced it before I credited then i'd have no issues whatsoever. Im realizing now why they were so desperate for me to have another account.
            Last edited by BigCraigJohn; 15 February 2011, 13:13.

Comment

Working...
            X