GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Received an email from the adjudicator to say she requested statements from lloyds as some years were missing (I assumed they had all these from me), why is it only now then they are asking for these I wonder?? Hopefully it means there's hope lol.

Anyway, here it is........

Dear Mr and Mrs

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

I have requested copies of all your bank statements from Lloyds as having reviewed the file again it appears a few years were missing. I hope to receive this either by the end of this week of by the beginning of next. Once I have this information I will pass the file to the ombudsman who has agreed to treat your complaint as a priority.

We tend to update consumers once every two months when their complaint is with an ombudsman – but if you would like more regular updates please let me know and I will arrange this.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator
    Reply as follows......

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your email which I received on 2nd January 2013.

I am slightly confused as to a couple of things, that I'd like clarity on;

1. You stated that the file would be passed to the Ombudsman on the 18th December - why has it not been sent over as yet?
    2. Why has it taken until now to realise there are missing statements? Why do the missing statements matter? Surely if you now need them in order to make a fair assessment this would automatically make one presume you've missed something therefore why have you not just amended your original decision (if the statements were of any relevance)? Something just doesn't add up here and it seems as though you're trying to gang up or change things to suit because you've missed a lot of things and I brought them to your attention but you did nothing. Yet when you miss something and it suits you, you place everything on hold whilst you obtain them - that isn't right, is it?

Please get back to me as soon as possible with some reasoning as to what is going on and why these statements that you say are missing are so important to the Ombudsman yet they weren't when you had the case because I feel something just isn't right.

Yours sincerely,

Mr & Mrs
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Niddy !

I will get on to this now.

I think she messed up totally lol, will keep you posted thanks for that.

Comment

...And done.......lol, wonder if she working tomorrow, if they have that much of a backlog with them being closed over the Xmas period, then its possible I suppose.
        Shall let you know when we hear, thanks again (loving the wording) lol!

Comment

Well I dont think she worked the weekend lol, but she "should" have an answer for this by tomorrow (Monday) :-)

Should I chase her up if I not heard anything by the middle of the day do you think?

Comment

Nope it's fine.... Leave it.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

2 emails back from the Adjudicator, one of an explanation about the statements, then another to say our complaint is now with the Ombudsman.

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

Sorry for the confusion – I perhaps did not explain myself properly. I did have all the information on file required to form an opinion, however it is normal practice to have all bank statements on file before a complaint is passed to an ombudsman. I do not consider the requested bank statements would change my opinion (as you have correctly stated, we hold the majority on file already and only a couple are missing). However I thought it best to request them now for completeness – if I had not done this now the ombudsman may have sent the file back to me at a later date to request them, which would have caused further delays later down the line.

Please rest assured I have spoken to Lloyds and they have confirmed they have already sent the statements to me, so I should receive them shortly. As soon as they are received your file will be passed to the ombudsman. As we have discussed, complaints are normally fast tracked because of exceptional medical circumstances (terminal illness) or severe financial hardship. The ombudsman has agreed in this instance to treat your complaint as a priority and I will make them aware that the complaint was supposed to enter the priority queue on 18 December – therefore this request should not delay the decision in any way.

As requested I will update you once a month. If you have any questions in the meantime please let me know.

Yours sincerely
              .................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Dear Mr and Mrs
              Further to my email below, the statements have now been received and the complaint passed to the ombudsman.

Yours sincerely

Comment

LOL reading the above email again gave me a giggle!

Looking back on an email dated 26 November, originally she stated that Lloyds had 21 days to provide all info, the same timescale as me!

Strange that isnt it because she must have only recently requested for the statements, and surely Lloyds should have sent them in that timescale, if that is the case then doesnt it work both ways for both to have the same timescale?

Comment

No sadly Di it doesn't. It is one rule for the banks and one for us. Come on, you know this

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    No sadly Di it doesn't. It is one rule for the banks and one for us. Come on, you know this
                    LOL yep that's just it I do but its so frustrating!! LOL LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      I do hope my Adjudicator did pass that letter on. I dont suppose there is any way of knowing?
                      (Can we trust them to do so)? lol
                      Hi Di et al - long time no speaky. Hope you are all well.

They are crap Di - I have cases that have been ongoing since September 2010! - I was told that one of my cases was being passed to an ombudsman over 6 months ago & I have still not heard from them despite chasing them.....shockers they are. Pay peanuts = get monkeys.

Dig in for the long game - I wish you all the very best & keep up the good work all - Its amazing what you are doing and how it is helping people in dire straights ! I was one x

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                        Hi Di et al - long time no speaky. Hope you are all well.

They are crap Di - I have cases that have been ongoing since September 2010! - I was told that one of my cases was being passed to an ombudsman over 6 months ago & I have still not heard from them despite chasing them.....shockers they are. Pay peanuts = get monkeys.

Dig in for the long game - I wish you all the very best & keep up the good work all - Its amazing what you are doing and how it is helping people in dire straights ! I was one x

Matty
                        Hi Matty
                        Wow, hope things are good :-) I was only thinking about you the other day, as I've not seen you on here for a little while, unless I've been missing you.

Not all that bad thanks for asking. They passed my case over earlier this week as priority due to my current chronic condition and said it may take about 3 months overall but yes I know exact what you mean though, one of mine was over 4 years at one point lol and even as fast track priority doesnt make that much difference really, what they say and what they really mean is another matter lol.

Hope all is good for you and thank you for your kind comments :-)
                        Di
                        x

Comment

Dear Mr and Mrs

I am writing to provide you with an update on the progress of your complaint. Your complaint has been reviewed by the ombudsman, who has requested some further clarification from the business on a few points.

I am also writing to let you know that I will be leaving the Financial Ombudsman Service. Your complaint has been passed to my colleague, Jonas Carboo-Brown. He will keep you updated on the progress of your complaint whilst it is with the ombudsman.

If you have any questions you can contact Jonas using the following email address:

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator
                          Financial Ombudsman Service
                          South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR
                          ': 02
                          7: 02
                          *:

Comment

I do hope the above update means good news to come lol, makes me wonder what further points and why is it they ask the bank and not us for anything further, if they come back and back the bank, and not giving us the opportunity to have our say?? wonders will never cease...... lol.

Comment

Keep everything crossed

reply and literally say "what is being requested?"

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Keep everything crossed

reply and literally say "what is being requested?"
                                LOL yeah good idea, do you think they will tell me?

Cheers Nids

Comment

Working...
                                X