GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statements

can you tell me how long a bank has to keep your statements (accounts) on file if its a closed account either by customer request or because they closed it?

Re: Statements

I thought it was 6 years Jen but not sure why

Comment

Yes as Niddy has drummed into me, banks have to keep 6 years of data. They "may" keep more records than 6 years, but they are only duty bound to keep 6.
      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

awesome, so they have to give me copies of statements? they couldnt do it over the phone said id have to go into the branch.. basically the CSA have fu*ked up again and have "lost" 6 of our payments when we switched banks. so now i have to "prove it"

Comment

I think you'll probably have to pay for them Jen, but long as it's within 6 years you should be OK

Comment

yeah thats fine it will be less then the cSA. its funny i requested a statement from them... and they said they don't keep records

I said so how do i know I really owe that amount.. they said um wellt he computer is saying it.

Comment

How reassuring!

Comment

Jen,

Its 6yrs minimum (in line with HMRC guidelines for keeping company paperwork and in line with DPA Guidelines)... However, as I explained to Billy, they will not voluntarily throw/shred data - they keep it so chances are you'll be able to get whatever you want by sending a SAR for £10. If you do a statement request, they can and will charge you anything from £5 - £15 per copy statement so a SAR does all this for you, for the pricely sum of a tenner.

As for the CSA, they are incorrect as they work on verification not declaration so they too will be able to appease any SAR made to them, personally if I was you - for the sake of a tenner i'd SAR the CSA and twist this to your favour.

SAR that i'd be using is here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2312#p2312
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is really helpful - thanks, as I have a feeling that I might need to go back few years for my court case so it is handy to know that you don't have to pay per statement etc.

Good luck Jen - what a nightmare for you hope you get it all sorted.

Comment

Well SHOCKER -- lloyds printed 150 pages of statements FOR FREE I had to go to my local branch in order to get it but I called a head and a HUGE envelope was awaiting me!

and for shits and giggles Ill be SAR'ing the CSA -meh im bored.

Comment

That is so cool Jen, well done!

Wish Lloyds had done that for me free when I requested for mine some time ago lol, never mind, but glad you have, good one.

Comment

Working...
                      X