GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Solar subsidy cut challenge allowed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar subsidy cut challenge allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar subsidy cut challenge allowed

Solar subsidy cut challenge allowed

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 15th December 2011 19:53.

A High Court judge has ordered a hearing next week of a challenge over government plans to cut financial incentives for solar electricity. The...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Solar subsidy cut challenge allowed

'Clumsy' handling of solar subsidy cuts may have 'fatally damaged' industry

The government's rush to cut a subsidy for people who generate solar electicity on their roofs was clumsily handled and may have fatally damaged a growing industry which had the potential to provide tens of thousands of jobs, says a new report by MPs on two influential select committees. By giving both consumers and companies just a few weeks' notice that they intended to halve solar "feed-in tariffs" (FiTs) from 43.3p to 21p paid per kWh of energy generated, they have created uncertainty among investors and undermined public confidence in energy policy, said the MPs.....Read more here---: 'Clumsy' handling of solar subsidy cuts may have 'fatally damaged' industry

OR..........
    Feed-In tariff

Rampant Rabbit Tax
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Government cut to solar tariffs blocked as appeal fails

The government has failed in an appeal against a decision which blocked its attempts to reduce solar subsidies. The High Court case involved the government's move to halve the payments made to households with solar panels, which it says are unsustainable.
      Solar businesses and campaigners had warned thousands of jobs could be lost as a result of the move. Under the feed-in tariffs programme, people in Britain with solar panels are paid for the electricity they generate. The decision means the current tariff of just over 43p is likely to remain in place until 3 March.....Read more HERE--: BBC News - Government cut to solar tariffs blocked as appeal fails
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

the whole solar panel, pay you back for electric you generate is a joke.

I recently had crystal windows fitting new windows at my house and the sales guy tried to sell me solar panels, when i mentioned to him that the cost of the panels ment that any reduction in cost of electric would not be seen for at least 10 years, he agreed and dropped the subject lol

Comment

Depends on your point of view SX. Some people are heavy users of electricity and would see more benefit than others. I agree that it would take time to recoup the cost - whether it be by the subsidy or the savings, but eventually, they do pay for themselves.

Suppose it depends on how long you intend on staying in the house as wsell.

Comment

Insolvency Service investigation leads to shut down of major national solar panel company. Solar Energy Savings Limited (“Solar”), which marketed and sold solar panel systems to the general public, was wound-up on...Read more at AAD Blog pages

Comment

Working...
            X