GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage lender targets the unemployed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage lender targets the unemployed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage lender targets the unemployed

Mortgage lender targets the unemployed

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 29th July 2016 16:16
    .......in a bid to bring back sub-prime 'liar loans

Liar loans are back. Less than 10 years after the cataclysmic implosion of the western world's economy as a result of risky lending to borrowers who couldn't pay, a lender has launched with the slogan 'no job, not a problem'. Unemployed Loans, a lender which promises to bring back self-certification mortgages, boasts on its website that it is able to defy UK regulators and offer loans to those without a job and who are unable to prove their income. On its website the firm says: '99 per cent of lenders won't lend to the unemployed. We do! We are not based in the UK, by being based abroad we are able to make our own decisions. One of those decisions is to bring back self cert mortgages.' Self-cert, dubbed 'liar loans' at the height of the financial crisis, allowed borrowers to apply for a mortgage without 'proving' their income. They became known as NINJA loans - no income, no job, no assets. They were a disaster - Lehman Brothers collapsed as a direct result of massive over-exposure to complicated and opaque 'packaged' products that essentially failed to pay investors because the underlying mortgages were duff. Source

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Mortgage lender targets the unemployed

boasts on its website that it is able to defy UK regulators and offer loans to those without a job and who are unable to prove their income. On its website the firm says:

Then surely the Regulators could act and treat as from outside UK - to use of Money Laundering scenario? just a thought!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X