GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script National Advice Clinic - Record Fine For Firm's Millions Of Cold Calls - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Advice Clinic - Record Fine For Firm's Millions Of Cold Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Advice Clinic - Record Fine For Firm's Millions Of Cold Calls

National Advice Clinic - Record Fine For Firm's Millions Of Cold Calls

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 3rd December 2015 12:13
    The business is told to pay £850,000 for its "deliberate and sustained" campaign that led to thousands of complaints.

A company that made six million nuisance calls in just seven months has been handed a record fine by regulators. The National Advice Clinic, based in Lancashire, was ordered to pay £850,000 over what was described as a "deliberate and sustained" campaign. The company, also known as the Industrial Hearing Clinic or the Central Compensation Office, made the calls about noise-induced hearing loss between October last year and April this year. Almost 2,000 people complained to Ofcom, many of whom were on the Telephone Preference Service, which is a list of people who do not want to be cold-called. The Claims Management Regulator, which oversees the industry, said the company's calling campaign had been "a flagrant breach of marketing requirements".

CMR head Kevin Rousell said: "They showed an alarming disregard for the misery their tactics can cause, particularly to elderly and vulnerable people. "The size of this penalty demonstrates how seriously we take this issue - nuisance calls will not be tolerated." Since a law change in December last year, the CMR has been able to fine companies that break the rules...Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: National Advice Clinic - Record Fine For Firm's Millions Of Cold Calls

I was so pleased to see this. My Dad's always getting plagued with cold calls even though I've registered him with the TPS.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: National Advice Clinic - Record Fine For Firm's Millions Of Cold Calls

Encouraging let's hope they stop x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X