GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI payout deadline considered by regulator - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI payout deadline considered by regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI payout deadline considered by regulator

PPI payout deadline considered by regulator

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 2nd October 2015 18:43
    The financial regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is considering a deadline for claims over mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI).

It anticipates that PPI customers would still have at least until 2018 to claim compensation. So far more than £20bn has been paid out for PPI mis-selling to more than 10m consumers. The policies were supposed to protect people against loss of income or sickness, but were often inappropriate. The regulator will now launch a consultation, on whether there should be a deadline on compensation claims. It said there should be a window of at least two years after the deadline is set. This would not be before the Spring of 2016 - meaning that consumers would have until the Spring of 2018 to make a claim through their bank or the Financial Ombudsman.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X