GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tenants may win protection from eviction by rogue landlords - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenants may win protection from eviction by rogue landlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenants may win protection from eviction by rogue landlords

Tenants may win protection from eviction by rogue landlords

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 11th September 2014 19:26.

Nine million private tenants in the UK could be given extra protection from landlords who try to evict them. The government has decided to back a...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Tenants may win protection from eviction by rogue landlords

A brilliant idea in theory but pure fantasy in practice since section 21 allows a Landlord to take possession of their property at the end of a fixed term without giving any reason. Section 21 is a "no fault" legal right.

Having said that I would like to find a way to empower tenants to fight for their legal right to have breaches of their tenancy agreements enforced without fear of reprisal.

Finally, how many of these 9 million private tenants have actually experienced "retaliatory evictions"? My research says not many.

Just for the record I'm on Shelter's side every time when it comes to illegal evictions but it's a pity that political parties are using this issue as a campaign issue which they have no hope of implementing.

Comment

Working...
    X