GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Telephone Preference Service 'fails to stop all cold calls' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telephone Preference Service 'fails to stop all cold calls'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telephone Preference Service 'fails to stop all cold calls'

Telephone Preference Service 'fails to stop all cold calls'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 26th July 2014 16:26.

Only a third of "nuisance" calls are blocked by a service that allows individuals to opt-out of marketing calls, research has found. The Telephone...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Telephone Preference Service 'fails to stop all cold calls'

My DAd's always getting unsolicited calls even though I've registered both his landline and his mobile with TPS. The only problem is that he can't remember who called him so I can't raise a complaint with TPS I suppose I should make allowances for him seeing as he's 82
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i also get loads of these calls, usually with "number withheld".

And when I raised this issue with TPS they informed me that they could only act if they knew who was involved.

I honestly thought that the caller was given a message when they tried to ring a number listed with TPS. They probably do, but know they can just ignore it!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

a lot of company's are now getting round this by using *skype* numbers that make it appear that they are phoning from anywhere in the world,

Comment

we don't have a phone in the house, only use mobiles and we don't give out numbers apart from family/friends (payasyougo - for utilities, internet buying, and work) randomly generated numbers to hit mobiles but not as much nowadays modestly 3x a year

Comment

Working...
          X