GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wonga chased debt using fake law firms, says FCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonga chased debt using fake law firms, says FCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonga chased debt using fake law firms, says FCA

Wonga chased debt using fake law firms, says FCA

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 25th June 2014 13:26.

*Payday lender Wonga must pay £2.6m in compensation after sending letters from non-existent law firms to customers in arrears.* The letters...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Wonga chased debt using fake law firms, says FCA

Update: Law Society calls for Wonga probe

Wonga should be investigated by the Met Police for "dishonest activity" in sending letters from fake lawyers, the Law Society has said. - Read more HERE at aad blog pages
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They should be investigated and prosecuted.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

DId you hear there may be 5000% interest over the years giving £b. We live in hope.

Comment

I heard the FCA are considering criminal action and are asking police to investigate

Comment

---------- > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28057143

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
              original post:
              http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post410506

lol

- - - Updated - - -

30th June Further Update: Police and regulators have been meeting to discuss Wonga, the payday lender embroiled in controversy over letters from fake lawyers.....Read more at aad blog pages: HERE

Comment

Working...
              X