GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elderly hit by new telephone scam - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elderly hit by new telephone scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderly hit by new telephone scam

Elderly hit by new telephone scam

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 28th August 2013 11:24.

*A fraud watchdog warns of a rise in a new form of telephone scam, which has already cost vulnerable people £7m. * Still old hat, but this still...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Elderly hit by new telephone scam

H'MMMM! We are gripped in the latest round of the scam by "The Windows Support Team" who have received "complaints" about our computers. Oh Really? They soon clear off when I tell them we have reported matters to Microsoft's fraud investigators.

regards
    G

Comment

Re: Elderly hit by new telephone scam

In some circumstances, victims are being persuaded to go into their bank, withdraw their life savings and then hand them over to a courier who arrives at their front door later in the day
      Good grief, i've heard it all now!
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X