GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Call centres in BBC Three programme fined £225,000 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call centres in BBC Three programme fined £225,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call centres in BBC Three programme fined £225,000

Call centres in BBC Three programme fined £225,000

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 18th June 2013 08:11.

Two companies which appear in BBC Three series The Call Centre have been issued with fines related to nuisance calls. The Information Commissioner's...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Call centres in BBC Three programme fined £225,000

Second lot of want to be TV stars get into trouble after the repomen get suspended yesterday.

Regulators acting on sharp practice at last.

Cant see these companies have a leg to stand on. TPS is meant to mean something. And that dont mean cold calls for anything. If they cant be bothered to check then I applaud the ICO.

And tell you what let them appeal and let it fail and double the fine or ban them.

Time these companies were afraid of the regulators. If they are afraid then there is better compliance overall.

Doubt anyone who is plagued by PPI calls will shed a tear on this story.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Second lot of want to be TV stars get into trouble after the repomen get suspended yesterday.

Regulators acting on sharp practice at last.

Cant see these companies have a leg to stand on. TPS is meant to mean something. And that dont mean cold calls for anything. If they cant be bothered to check then I applaud the ICO.

And tell you what let them appeal and let it fail and double the fine or ban them.

Time these companies were afraid of the regulators. If they are afraid then there is better compliance overall.

Doubt anyone who is plagued by PPI calls will shed a tear on this story.
      Agree with you there Ken. I'm registered with TPS but still get nuisance calls and texts about PPI/accident claims etc.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Agree with you there Ken. I'm registered with TPS but still get nuisance calls and texts about PPI/accident claims etc.
        Perhaps this story would give you hope that by reporting the numbers to the ICO whoever has you on their system will get smacked now.

Whenever I got them after I went on to TPS I spoke to them, ask for the name and address of who it is and of course number. Once I have this info I politely tell them I am on TPS and will now report them.

Silence and then an apology comes. I havnt had one now in about 2 years. Think whoever was selling my details got the message and I was erased.

Comment

A good idea Ken.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its about time these regualtors did something to them, BUT why are they having to wait for other's to do their leg work for them to catch the organisations out? Why don't they go out and catch these organisations that are flaunting the LAW? same as ppi, Why is it that the Public and that fall foul of these organisations in the first place, then has to challenge the organisations before the ICO, FOS will do anything about it? Do they NOT get enough money to set up traps to catch these organisations in the first place
            Last edited by 5corpio; 18 June 2013, 09:51.

Comment

Working...
            X