GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Motorists to be hammered with further insurance increases - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorists to be hammered with further insurance increases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorists to be hammered with further insurance increases

Motorists to be hammered with further insurance increases

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd January 2013 09:33.

*......as firms fear bigger court injury payouts* Young drivers could see hundreds of pounds added to their insurance premiums as re-insurers...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Motorists to be hammered with further insurance increases

I have a mate who is a truck driver who had a lucky escape with one of these numpties trying a false claim, my mate drives a Dutch registered truck and while in Southend a car pulled up sharply in front of his truck and then reversed into him, the kid never got out but was complaining of injury so police and ambulance was called (3 kids in this car all complained of whiplash), plod questioned my mate who produced a memory card from the trucks camera showing what happened, the kid was prosecuted and fined but he admitted to 15 other offences of the same thing involving other foreign registered trucks,
    These are the people causing the premiums to go up.

Comment

Why are they fearing bigger payouts when the Government are supposed to be taking steps to kerb such claims like whiplash injuries etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
        I have a mate who is a truck driver who had a lucky escape with one of these numpties trying a false claim, my mate drives a Dutch registered truck and while in Southend a car pulled up sharply in front of his truck and then reversed into him, the kid never got out but was complaining of injury so police and ambulance was called (3 kids in this car all complained of whiplash), plod questioned my mate who produced a memory card from the trucks camera showing what happened, the kid was prosecuted and fined but he admitted to 15 other offences of the same thing involving other foreign registered trucks,
        These are the people causing the premiums to go up.

Good job he had the truck's camera to show what had happened. My insurance premiums are relatively high because my postcode (not the actual town where I live) is a blackspot for false whiplash claims.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          Good job he had the truck's camera to show what had happened. My insurance premiums are relatively high because my postcode (not the actual town where I live) is a blackspot for false whiplash claims.
          A lot of UK and EU hauliers now use cameras because of this practise, the latest thing in Russia now is a pedestrian jumping from the kerb over a car and feigning injury, many many cars are now using cameras to record everyday journeys, no doubt it will happen here before long.

Comment

Going further on this topic:

Insurers cash in on your crash

Ever wondered why insurance companies favour certain garages? Harry Wallop staged his own accident to find out

'On a cold December morning in a car park, I smashed my VW Polo into the back of an old Volvo, causing nearly £2,000 worth of damage to my car. Parking never was my strong point'. However, actually behind the wheel was Jim, an expert driver who has worked as both James Bond and Indiana Jones's stunt double. And our exercise was to put the car insurance market to the test, as part of a Dispatches documentary on Channel 4. Along with most drivers, I've seen my car insurance premiums creep up steadily in recent years – well above the rate of inflation. Over the past four years the average annual premium has increased by 89pc to £840, according to the AA. Whenever I have made inquiries, insurance companies have told me that it is not their fault......Read more on this story at AAD Blog pages: Motorists to be hammered with further insurance increases - allaboutFORUMS
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X