GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Why time may be up for the jumbo jet - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why time may be up for the jumbo jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why time may be up for the jumbo jet

Why time may be up for the jumbo jet

Recognisable by its four engines and multiple aisles inside, the jumbo jet has been a mainstay of long haul travel for decades.

The arrival of double decker Superjumbos in recent years, the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 747-8, seemed to confirm the jumbo's continued ascent.

But both those planes received zero orders in 2014, raising questions about future production.

More ----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32400130

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Why time may be up for the jumbo jet

Having pride in your work! Taking all possible care of your customers and their belongings at all times.
    Don't pack anything breakable!!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

See Saudi airlines are finishing off using the Jumbo jet reported recently, pity they were great, no doubt some will still be used for Cargo!

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

Having pride in your work! Taking all possible care of your customers and their belongings at all times.
        Don't pack anything breakable!!
        Know that one. couple years ago my RED suitcase arrived in the far east grey/black, had it scrubbed off to get back to original colour, that was Saudi for you thru Riyadh transfer, also watched them repair the delayed 747 under a wing which made us 3 hours late at destination, and food in flight slightly dry no doubt because of sitting around those extra hours.

Comment

I saw a fascinating documentary about the design and building of a jumbo jet. They thought it would be to heavy to fly. It's an amazing aeroplane.

Comment

The Airbus A380 celebrates its 10th birthday

------ > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32477493

Comment

Please remember: XH558 is maintained by a charity and we need your constant support to help keep her on the display circuit. You can donate by visiting here: Thank you. We would encourage everyone to see XH558 display at least once this year - 2015. Please note: XH558's planned participation is only confirmed when the date and location is listed on this page.Check back here regularly for more details as the season builds. Thank you. CLICK HERE: for free newsletters direct to your inbox which will tell you dates just as soon as details are announced.

Date: Venue / Location Type of event Other comments Website
              Saturday 6th June Throckmorton Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 14th June Cholmondeley Flypast CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 14th June Welshpool Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 14th June RAF Cosford Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 21st June Weston-super-Mare Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Saturday 11th July RNAS Yeovilton Display On Ground U/W Tours CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Friday 17th July RIAT (RAF Fairford) Arrival On Ground U/W Tours
              Saturday 18th July RIAT (RAF Fairford) Display On Ground U/W Tours CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 19th July RIAT (RAF Fairford) Display On Ground U/W Tours
              Saturday 15th August Eastbourne Display Single display on this day CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Saturday 29th August Dunsfold - Surrey Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 30th August Dunsfold - Surrey Display

U/W
              Tours = Underwing Tours available for a small donation whilst operating conditions allow.
              Please do await further updates and do not call or email the office or individual show organisers. They know no more than published here - thank you.U/W = Underwing Tours available for a small donation whilst operating conditions allow.
              We can not accept any liability for change of schedule, timings or any other circumstances beyond our control. All displays and appearances are subject to aircraft serviceability and weather conditions on the day.

2015 Displays

Please remember: XH558 is maintained by a charity and we need your constant support to help keep her on the display circuit. You can donate by visiting here: Thank you. We would encourage everyone to see XH558 display at least once this year - 2015. Please note: XH558's planned participation is only confirmed when the date and location is listed on this page.Check back here regularly for more details as the season builds. Thank you. CLICK HERE: for free newsletters direct to your inbox which will tell you dates just as soon as details are announced.

Date: Venue / Location Type of event Other comments Website
              Saturday 6th June Throckmorton Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 14th June Cholmondeley Flypast CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 14th June Welshpool Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 14th June RAF Cosford Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 21st June Weston-super-Mare Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Saturday 11th July RNAS Yeovilton Display On Ground U/W Tours CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Friday 17th July RIAT (RAF Fairford) Arrival On Ground U/W Tours
              Saturday 18th July RIAT (RAF Fairford) Display On Ground U/W Tours CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 19th July RIAT (RAF Fairford) Display On Ground U/W Tours
              Saturday 15th August Eastbourne Display Single display on this day CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Saturday 29th August Dunsfold - Surrey Display CLICK FOR DETAILS
              Sunday 30th August Dunsfold - Surrey Display

U/W
              Tours = Underwing Tours available for a small donation whilst operating conditions allow.
              Please do await further updates and do not call or email the office or individual show organisers. They know no more than published here - thank you.U/W = Underwing Tours available for a small donation whilst operating conditions allow.
              We can not accept any liability for change of schedule, timings or any other circumstances beyond our control. All displays and appearances are subject to aircraft serviceability and weather conditions on the day.

- VISIT XH558 NOW! -
              TAKE A GUIDED TOUR TO SEE HER BEING SERVICED FOR 2015
              - SEE OUR TOUR OPTIONS TO THE LEFT -

Vu- VISIT XH558 NOW! -
              TAKE A GUIDED TOUR TO SEE HER BEING SERVICED FOR 2015
              - SEE OUR TOUR OPTIONS TO THE LEFT -

Vulcan is a registered trademark of BAE Systems plc. Vulcan to the Sky and
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X