GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.

----> http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

I still like him and think he's great.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think he's great too (as are his books) but it was going to happen what with the "slants" comment and the Argentina farce...

Wouldn't be that bad if ch4 or sky bought it and made a more adult top gear
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

BBC don't seem to be able to manage their own creation, Top Gear makes millions around the world and I don't think they want to footer with the chemistry. JC needs to be managed, he's hilarious and I would go out for a drink with him, but he needs to be treated like the big kid that he is and set boundaries, BB don't appear to have anyone capable of doing that. Thought the ambulance stuff at the start of this series was screamingly funny

Comment

I think this was a witch hunt pure and simple. The BBC is now crippled by the politically correct, over-sensitive, easily offended, brigade who bristle at every tweet, word and joke the Clarkson makes, not even realizing the irony that is when he mocks them he is looking to provoke the very reaction he gets.

The 'leaking' of the eenie meenie minie mo video was no accident, it was an internal clip taken off the editing room floor, which would never have made it into the public domain and 'offended' anyone had there not been a faction within the BBC looking for his axing. What should be of more concern to the BBC is how a member of staff were able to distribute edited film footage to the press and internet as if this had been ANY other program or event published by the BBC it would have been disciplinary action.

That didn't work, and it would appear they have been looking for an excuse ever since, and Clarkson, obligingly, provided it to them.

There are always two sides to each story. I would not be surprised if the anti-Clarkson brigade were putting him under a certain pressure and pressing his buttons knowing how he reacts also, to provoke a reaction and get the result they were looking for. I also wouldn't be surprised if it were a deliberate act by Clarkson himself to push the BBC into firing him!

What the BBC should be more concerned about is looking after its commercially viable products. I cannot see it being publicly funded by the license fee for very much longer so when that gravy train dries up it will be on its own and to compete with the likes of Sky and ITV its going to need shows like Top Gear to survive.
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Don't forget to sign the petition https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

Comment

Tweets:

Hours after the suspension was announced, Clarkson's co-presenter James May also took to Twitter: "No Top Gear this weekend, apparently. How about [the film] 633 Squadron instead?"
              Fellow host Richard Hammond replied: "No, surely, Last of the Summer Wine; no one will notice the difference. Job done."

The Top Gear presenter was suspended and the show put on hold after he allegedly tried to hit one of the producers at the end of filming in Newcastle. The producer involved in the alleged "fracas", said to have been over a lack of catering, has been named by the Daily Mirror as Oisin Tymon, 36. The paper quotes a source as saying Clarkson "snapped" when he discovered no food had been laid on.......http://news.sky.com/story/1442567/reinstate-clarkson-petition-tops-233000

now up to 233,000

Comment

Could get rid of the BBC - just another Quango of less proportion of entertainment. out with the old and in with the new, the days of Charles Dickens long gone.

Comment

Worse are the proposed plans to charge every household instead of just us with TVs (to cover online etc) but tbh it needs abolished in totality.

Granted the beeb was always seen as the neutral voice of the UK but come on. Back in the day we needed the Beeb. Now we don't. Also criminalisation should be revoked.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Clarkson is the only person who speaks his mind and never mind the fallout good on him I say, he's a fav of ours.
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                      Clarkson is the only person who speaks his mind and never mind the fallout good on him I say, he's a fav of ours.

Disgraceful no Tea/food on location,,???? Hang on sounds familiar from the early 90s, we had to go to local garage for coke/sandwich, mind you I went to Whitecity BBC for recording updates and offered Dinner in canteen, which I nearly declined until informed those days have gone and better catering now, Had Beef Stroginoff, it was o.k. paid for by the Producer, only funny bit of the day was filming updates on programme before it went out National, and only an office available with window open and the Underground trains running by every minute or so, had to stop and start throughout quite off putting for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        the days of Charles Dickens long gone.
                        What programme was he in ?

Agree re the comments about the beeb being "past it".

Not really a fan of Clarkson and Top Gear but do admire him for putting his (metaphorical) fingers up to political correctness. And my son is hoping that he will go to Channel 4, where he can be even more scurrilous.

Comment

Have just seen our (not really elected) Prime Minister on the news defending Clarkson. Is there any bandwagon this man won't jump on???

Comment

Sorry I can't agree with the general opinion here of Clarkson, he's simply an overpaid presenter of a show that's well past its sell by date who thinks he's above the management who have made him a household name and very weathy. I've had conversations with individuals I know in my industry who have worked with the show and they describe him as an "obnoxious tosser who is a legend in his own mind" .....

I hope the Beeb stand their ground and give him his P45 and bin Top Gear ....

Comment

few on TV obnoxious characters , I met in the past, and some people think they are great BUT what you see on TV and in real life character can/will be far different.

Comment

Working...
                              X