GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Drop in real wages longest for 50 years, says ONS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drop in real wages longest for 50 years, says ONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop in real wages longest for 50 years, says ONS

Drop in real wages longest for 50 years, says ONS

Real wages have been dropping consistently since 2010 - the longest period of falls since at least 1964, official figures show.
    Real wages calculate earnings when the rising cost of living, or inflation, is taken into account.
    The Office for National Statistics said real wages had fallen by 2.2% annually since the first three months of 2010.
    Shorter working hours and reduced output were factors behind falling wages, it added.

More---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25977678
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Drop in real wages longest for 50 years, says ONS

They talk of such low percentages, wages have tumbled in reality, the cost of living is going up all the time despite what camcleg or any survey says, trying to talk the figures up doesn't work anymore, remember "most of our people have never had it so good" - oh yes, another tory millionaire telling the poor that they were well off as far back as 1957, I think the same lecturers are still teaching the same crap even in this day and age.

Comment

Working...
    X