GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long may they wait!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• So these Hoist people are part of a new(ish) team/dept. uummmm
      Tax write off and still chase debtor for some money??
      Sounds like attempt at double portions to me - Greedy Hoist

Seriously though, can they put debt down as a tax write off and still chase for payment?
      How can they be allowed to get away with that?
      In what other business can you expect to get paid twice?

(scratching bewildered itch on head)

Comment

• it is quite legal, the original ceditor who held the account, sells it on, then claims it as a tax loss, the new owner then buys it for pennys in the pound, if they have no joy in getting you to pay up, no matter how they try and the debt becomes SB , then they write it off as a tax loss, company is still quids in,
        they would prefer you to pay up as they get more that way
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• double post
          Last edited by Grassy_K; 17 October 2018, 17:37.

Comment

• Chalk me up as another recripient of the "account transfer" letter. Had a 10k old Egg/Barclaycard debt parked with them for ages now while they try to find a CCA that doesn't exist.

Comment

• Do you mean:- Seek & Not Find;lol

Comment

• OK, so surprise, surprise. First letter from Robbers Way after a very long time, demanding contact and arrangement to pay, on a BC debt not paid on since March 2012, and terminated September 2012. Robbers way contact following NOA receipt last month.

Guess RW can try to squeeze some money from me, but surprised that they are still wasting money on postage. Where debts have run course before and reached SB, no further contact from creditor or DCA.

Strange that RW/Hoist are hanging in there, or is this usual for this particular DCA?

Comment

• I am suprissed that you have not had the letter saying it has been passed to HFHUK1L as most of the accounts have been whisked into new places,

As for RW they don't seem to check paperwork and like to keep taking a chance that people don't know about SB and will fork up after so long.

I just like the thought of them waisting time and money sending letters and "Field Agents" on accounts that are useless

Comment

• Hi Nightwatch

Yes you are quite right. i had indeed received a letter from Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Ltd. But have recently and subsequently had the follow up letter from Robbers Ways. It was the Robbers Ways letter that was the greater surprise as i would have thought they would have drop the 'chasing' now.

Well at least (and i hope) Hoist realise the SB status.

Comment

• Enuff paper to decorate the loo yet ?
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                        Enuff paper to decorate the loo yet ?
                        enough paper to use in loo ( use print outwards then flush)?????

Comment

• HI All
                          To my added surprise i have also had a couple of recent calls (unanswered) from Robbers Way. No voicemail facility on my landline (didn't want any stress) know its Robbers as i called back using a different phone.

Anyway, after months of no contact from Robbers Way, and the account they are chasing me for, made stat barred earlier this year, im wondering if the renewed contact has anything to do with my recent October approaches to comparison sites for insurance? Could any credit report activity have alerted /woken up Robbers Way?

I 'm considering looking at my credit report now as i want to check what if anything is outstanding and start to put any errors right. Would my enquiry alert Robbers Way, or am i still being a little paranoid?

Ive read up on soft searches, but cannot find anything about soft searches being notified to DCA's - very frustrating

Comment

• Originally posted by realfedup View Post
                            HI All
                            To my added surprise i have also had a couple of recent calls (unanswered) from Robbers Way. No voicemail facility on my landline (didn't want any stress) know its Robbers as i called back using a different phone.

Anyway, after months of no contact from Robbers Way, and the account they are chasing me for, made stat barred earlier this year, im wondering if the renewed contact has anything to do with my recent October approaches to comparison sites for insurance? Could any credit report activity have alerted /woken up Robbers Way?

I 'm considering looking at my credit report now as i want to check what if anything is outstanding and start to put any errors right. Would my enquiry alert Robbers Way, or am i still being a little paranoid?

Ive read up on soft searches, but cannot find anything about soft searches being notified to DCA's - very frustrating
                            who knows what robbersway do? A soft search is when your file is checked but only you see it, so if applying for credit any searches by debt companys shouldnt show up to them,

But they may be able to tell when you last logged on to the CRA in question.

Don't forget we are comming up to party season and they may be in need of funds for the mince pies, so could just be trawling through any they have missed, in the hope, that someone will give them the price of a pie.

RW sent a "field agent" to my house this year, to reconnect with me, the account in question is SB , I forgot to tell them that when I sent my complaint letter to them for the UE Alledged debt,
                            They did appologise for any embarresment caused (next door was stood 2 metres away) and, have assured me he won't call again,

their new letter to me today is asking how I would like to clear the outstanding balance,
                            Idealy I should let them know it is SB, BUT, I will miss the letters, so I will let them continue wasting their postage, I am starting to feel a little guilty about the ammount of paper they are wasting .

Hey ho NW x

Comment

• NW - you are a devil looking at their Bank account minus postage etc everytime.

Comment

• Crikey NW

Now theres something, RW sending someone round to your home. Bleedin cheek! i had thought all of that type of behaviour by DCA's had stopped. Thought it was only bailiffs (or whatever they are called now) that made home visits! They really are chancers.

So its possibly on log in that i might wake them up with excitement and a bit of hand rubbing:-) will bear this in mind.

I will chance it and see what happens. i'm just wanting to check if any unknown defaults have popped up and/or encourage those that hadnt defaulted me 6 years ago when i started the journey to do so now and backdate.

The wonderful thing is should i get into any problems/hit any barriers, i know that i'm in good company, i can come back here for shared experiences, knowledge, support and a bit of guidance.

Comment

Working...
                                X