GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mehim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mehim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mehim's UE Diary

gosh Mehim you are far too polite

I wouldn't tell them you have an electronic track, let them find that out if they take it further, the doorstep letter they've sent is probably a next step in the escalating threat machine and as you know most doorsteps survive to be threatened another day. other than that go for it

Comment

Hi Mrs D,

I`ll remove that bit lol

ty
      ************************************************** ***********************
      OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
      TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
        CITI Credit Card

start : Nov 2005
        bal : £7,000 Now £7900+
        last full : Sept 2009
        present : not paying

dca : OPUS Now Cabot

Feb 25th
        I contacted a Claims Management Company.
        Mar 15th
        I agreed to sign up for 3 cards.
        Mar
        Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from CITI, to pass all correspondence from CITI to them ASAP
        May 26th
        Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from CITI. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as CITI had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.
        Loads of calls from CITI which I stonewalled referring them to the CMC
        Aug 26th
        Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to CITI asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action.
        Oct 1st
        Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from CITI and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying

Jan 23rd
        Letter asking for payment.
        Jan 29th
        Letter informing me that the complaint was dealt with, also a copy letter sent to the CMC informing them why the case was closed.
        Feb 3rd
        Letter for payment and informing me that service fees were being added.
        Feb 23rd
        Letter asking for payment within 7 days.
        March 23rd
        Letter Pending Default.
        April 9th
        Letter informing me of account transferring to CC Asset Management Ltd (CCAM)CITI would service the account until the transfer takes place.
        May 5th
        Letter from CITI defaulting the account dated 5th, remedy date 28th
        May 27th
        Cabot welcoming letter, informing me that they have bought my account that I held with OPUS Credit Card??
        June 4th
        CITI Terminated the agreement.
        June 25th
        Collect Direct demanding payment within 4 days on behalf of CITI
        June 30th
        Cabot asking for information regarding my query (think I answered the phone to them).
        July 2nd
        Personal Rep letter from Collect Direct, 5 days to pay.
        July 15th
        Collect Direct saying they are not going to enter into protracted correspondence with me, I should contact them and that CITI is prepared to offer a substantial discount to settle this account.
        July 28th
        HL Legal acting on behalf of Collect Direct who are acting on behalf of CITI give me 7 days to pay or they recommend to their client court action.

March 29th
        Panic Stations Letter from accountancy firm informing me that the CMC dealing with this for me had gone down the tubes.
        March 30th
        Letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
        April 13th
        Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity, they could not advise me to go to court.
        April 20th
        Letter from me to CMC, that went bust, returned, no longer there.
        May 10th
        Took stock, decided after reading all the bumph from MBNA and friends that if they were so sure of their facts, they would have taken action 2 years ago. Decided to fight on.
        Aug 18th
        Sent SAR to CITI
        Aug 24th
        Letter from CITI they dont know who I am.
        Aug 30th
        Sent them name and DOB
        Sept 20th
        Letter from Cabot, telling me they acquired the original Credit Agreement from OPUS Credit Card. Included was a copy of an OPUS credit card agreement with a card number I had never seen before.
        Sept 23rd
        Letter from OPUS thanking me for my SAR?? Also included was a copy letter dated 10th August from them informing me that I could not send a SAR to CITI
        Oct 3rd
        Letter from Cabot putting the account on hold for 14 days.
        Oct 17th
        Sent Cabot a letter regarding the ones I had received from them, informed them I had never had an account with OPUS, never sent them a SAR
        Oct 17th
        Sent letter to OPUS pointing out the early dated one, informing them I would be taking no instructions from them on who I could send a SAR to. Also pointed out that this account was in dispute.
        Oct 19th
        Letter from Cabot saying they believe the information sent resolves the dispute, account on hold a further 14 days.
        Oct 21st
        Letter from OPUS regarding my complaint.
        Oct 23rd
        Letter sent to Cabot warning them that I may initiate legal action if they choose to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement.
        Oct 24th
        Letter from Cabot confirming that they bought the account may 13th and any dispute is with them. Also included another copy of the OPUS agreement.
        Oct26th: Letter from OPUS saying they bought the account from CITI in March
        TO BE CONTINUED LATER

Oct 31st
        Letter from Cabot saying they have contacted Bank of Scotland (OPUS) for a copy of the agreement
        Nov 2nd
        Sent letter to data controller at CITI regarding no reply to my SAR
        Nov 8th
        Letter from Cabot apologising for delay in replying as original lender (CITI, OPUS, Bank of Scotland??? take your pick)was having a delay in retrieving the info.

OPUS called and asked me to verbally request a SAR from them which I did.

Nov 29th
        Uncomplete SAR received from OPUS which included a recon OPUS agreement. It also had this in the letter,

"I hope the information that I have provided you will assist you and be beneficial with your current dispute with CITI."

Card number different from the CITI number. Also a recon copy agreement from CITI
        Dec 1st
        Letter from Cabot apologising for the delay in getting the requested information. "We shall continue to request the information from the original lender."
        Dec 13th
        More SAR information from OPUS.Statements from Feb 2006. Amazingly, Citi stopped sending statements may 2010, OPUS show them for Oct/Nov 2010 from CITI and then shows statements from OPUS from Jan 2011 to Nov 2011 none of which show penalty interest and none off which I have ever seen before. None of the statements have been sent to me since May 2010

Jan 17th
        Letter from Cabot with a recon agreement from OPUS with their card number I have never had. Also a sheet showing penalty interest being added monthly since may 2011. Also referring to my s78 request.
        Jan 31st
        Letter to CITI regarding my SAR giving them 14 days to send the information or I report them for non-compliance.
        Jan 31st
        Letter to Cabot pointing out it was their Data Controller who asked me to verbally request a SAR from them, it was not under s78. Asked them to kindly reply to my SAR to CITI which they now appeared to have. Gave them 14 days or reporting them for non-compliance.
        Jan 31st
        Letter to Data Controller at OPUS pointing out the information I had specifically asked for in the SAR to CITI which they also now seemed to have a copy off.Also about the miraculous statements which they had conjured up, asked for an explanation regarding these mysterious statements. Gave him 14 days to reply and informed him I would be complaining to all the relevant authorities regarding these matters.
        Feb 7th
        Letter from cabot asking for a tenner for a SAR. Just going to write back telling them to get stuffed that as they know the account is in dispute. Should I be sending CITI another dispute letter re the ignored SAR
        Feb 10th
        CCA Request sent to CITI, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me.
        Feb 11th
        Reply from OPUS re incomplete SAR. they have me confused now. Told me the reason I never got statements during part of 2010 was I had a zero balance lol. I stopped paying in 2009 hmmmmmm
        Feb 11th
        Letter to Cabot re information not being supplied by all concerned.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 11th
        Letter to Cabot telling them to get stuffed re another tenner for a SAR
        Feb 12th: Letter sent to Opus re UE from Templates.
        Feb16th
        Letter from Opus, They are unable to trace a copy of the signed application form and rabbiting on about their procedure has always been to obtain a signature before entering into an agreement. I never had a card with Opus, they bought an account from CITI.

EMAILING NIDDY

Niddy says

Feb 20th
        Email from Cabot,

"The Cabot Financial Group recently bought the account you held with Opus Credit Card and we`ve tried contact previously. It`s now vital that you contact us urgently to discuss your account.

If you don`t contact us to agree a suitable repayment plan we`ll have to move your account to the next stage of our collections process."
        Feb 21st
        Sent account in dispute letter to Cabot with a copy of the letter from OPUS.
        Feb 21st
        Reply from Cabot advising me that they sent a recon true copy of the agreement in January which for the avoidance of doubt complies with the Consumer Credit etc. Still asking for payment.

Feb 24th
        Incomplete response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.

Feb 28th:
        Another letter from Cabot. A Final Response. Letter at post #87
        Feb 29th
        Final response template letter sent to Cabot.
        March 15th:
        Letter from Cabot which included a copy of the letter at post #87. They again say that they wont be corresponding with me in relation to this matter. Oh dear it is now nearly £8000 they want from me.
        July 25th:
        Letter from CITI, lol, Further to their letter dated 24th August 2011 they are still unable to identify an account with the details furnished and ask again for my full name etc. They want another tenner as they returned my original one.
        July 28th:
        Replied with a copy of the 30th August letter along with proof of posting and their signature accepting the letter.
        16th Oct:
        Letter from CITI enclosing statements for the account they couldn`t find.

7th Feb:
        Letter from Cabot informing me that they recently bought the account that I held with Opus and we have tried to contact you??
        16th Feb:
        Letter to Cabot informing them the dispute is still ongoing.
        1st March:
        Letter from Cabot "Please call urgently and speak to one of their helpful customer advisors (SIC) regarding this account."
        5th May:
        Letter from Cabot offering 30% discount if I respond within 30 days from the day of the letter which is actually 26th April, yet received only today.
        25th June:
        Letter from Cabot telling me I owe money and they want a commitment to repay. If not they are going to move it to the next stage of their collection process.
        Afternoon All,

Latest from Cabot, According to their records I owe them and they want me to contact them to agree a repayment plan, if I don`t they will have to move it to the next stage of their collection process.

I informed them in February that the dispute was ongoing and they ignored that one, so I`ll ignore this one.

Let me know if I should be doing something else.

Many thanks
        OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
        TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

so many begging letters these days = sign of the times! must be near bonus time?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would ignore it if it were me.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              so many begging letters these days = sign of the times! must be near bonus time?
              Or someone at the DCA getting the whip out!
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                Or someone at the DCA getting the whip out!

ohhhh!!!!!!!!

Comment

end of the month chaps, commission payments must be down..................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    end of the month chaps, commission payments must be down..................
                    Pot of silver for those who succeed. Walk the plank for those that don't!
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Lot of Planks working for them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        Lot of Planks working for them.
                        Planks with Red Crayons who can think of scary names

Comment

Now that I don't work for one of their Associated Companies ( NOT in the DC field!) a little dicky bird told me that a certain DCA who's name is an anagram of CLD has only been getting in 20% of expected recoveries on it's Clients bad debts... Good.

Comment

Tesco Credit Card

Start: 2006 corrected to 2003
                            Balance: £7,500 Now £7965.55
                            Last Full: 2012
                            DCA: Allied International Credit, now Fredrickson InternationalLimited

Feb 10th:
                            CCA request letter sent.

Feb 24th: No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.

March 17th:
                            Letter with CCA received. I`m not too sure what pages I should be emailing Niddy.

EMAILING NIDDY

March 21st:
                            2 letters from Tesco, lucky me.
                            First is telling me they haven`t received a payment. Please contact them.
                            Second is a default sum notice for £12. That wont be paid either.

Niddy is checking the CCA I got from them regarding this card.

Niddy says

March 27th:
                            Sent missing pt template letter
                            March 27th:
                            Letter from them, Contact us urgently to discuss this account. They also called, I told them to bugger off and put it in writing
                            April 7th:
                            Letter telling me I haven`t paid.
                            April 11th:
                            Letter wanting me to contact them urgently.
                            April 19th:
                            Letter , Notice sent because I am behind with payments.
                            April 19th:
                            Letter, Default Sum Notice.
                            April 20th:
                            Letter re them complying with s78.
                            "I must therefore inform you that we see no reason to enter into further correspondence with you about alleged CCA breaches. If you are not satisfied with this response, you may seek whatever legal redress you consider open to you"
                            They do not consider the account to be in dispute.
                            April 23rd:
                            Sent the following to them. Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
                            April 24th:
                            Letter from them. Contact their office urgently to discuss this account. RIGHTTTTTTT
                            May 10th:
                            Sending them the telephone harassment template letter.
                            May 25th:
                            Another Default Sum Notice.
                            May 25th:
                            Covering letter with a default notice. opps, think they did a royal f#ck up. Covering letter tells me a set number of days to remedy the default. Default notice also gives me a set number of days, no actual date.
                            June 14th:
                            Letter terminating the alleged CCA
                            July 6th:
                            Letter from Tesco "You must Pay" You have been issued with a Termination Notice and account has been passed to our recoveries team. To avoid further action pay now.
                            July 20th:
                            Letter telling me I still haven`t paid (I knew that) but it still not too late. They may have to take further action but prefer not to. If they don`t hear from me they will have no alternative. Contact us immediately.
                            31st July:
                            Letter saying "We are considering legal action to recover your debt" What this could mean, a CCJ or a Court Decree in Scotland. If you still don`t pay they may ask the court to enforce, take it from my wages, ( they will be lucky), or if a home owner etc. (house is now in OH`s name). We prefer to come to an arrangement with you to settle this debt.
                            7th August 2012:
                            Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation letter.
                            17th August:
                            Another letter from them.

Further action to recover your debt

Due to the absence of an acceptable repayment arrangement and despite several attempts to contact you todiscuss this matter. we will shortly commence further action against you with the assistance of Debt Collection Agencies or Solicitors.

If you don`t make a payment or agree to a repayment plan within seven days, we will commence further action against you.
                            6th Sept:
                            Another letter from Tesco threatening further action and another 7 days to contact them
                            20th Sept:
                            Letter from AIC.
                            "The above account has been assigned to us from our client, Tesco Bank with regards to the non payment of the outstanding balance.
                            We are unaware of any reason for the non payment and we encourage you to contact our office immediately to resolve the outstanding matter in a timely manner."
                            24th Sept:
                            Account sold in dispute template sent to AIC
                            29th Sept:
                            Reply from AIC. Assholes didn`t read the letter I sent. They say as I`m requesting a copy of the CCA, Tesco Bank require a £1.00 fee and if I want statements another £10.00 fee both payments made payable to AIC.

Same envelope another letter from AIC with a copy of my letter attached. This one says I have to contact Tesco Bank for the statements and pay them as they are the legal owners of the debt.

27th March:
                            Letter from Fredrickson International, they have been instructed by Tesco Bank to collect
                            29th March:
                            Account in Dispute and In Writing Only, off to Freds
                            13th April:
                            Letter from Freds,informing me that I need to write to Tesco if I want info under s77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and send them £1. Account on hold for 14 days till I get the info.
                            30th April:
                            Letter to Freds in reply to their one dated 12th April
                            10th May:
                            Latest from Fred`s, thanking me for communicating with them. Matter referred to their client, will get back to me once they receive their instructions, Account on hold till then.
                            13th May:
                            Letter from Fred`s, thanking me for my letter dated 30th April. They have been advised that my request was complied with in August 2012. All further queries regarding these documents must be sent directly to them and a fee may apply. Signed by Fredrickson International.
                            13th May:
                            Letter from Fred`s, thanking me for my letter dated 30th April. They have been advised that my request was complied with in August 2012. All further queries regarding these documents must be sent directly to them and a fee may apply. Unsigned.
                            23rd May:
                            Another letter from Fred`s, ffs they don`t allow much time to respond.

Say they wrote recently and I have failed to send an adequate response. Clear the arrears immediately to prevent continued action to recover this (alleged) debt.
                            5th June:
                            Latest from Fred`s, Despite attempts to negotiate a settlement of the above account, we still do not have a current arrangement in place, no chit sherlock
                            27th June:
                            Latest from Fred`s, despite previous correspondence I have failed (miserably I might say) to discharge this debt with their client.
                            Good morning All,

latest from Fred`s letting me know I`ve not paid this alleged debt.

They are prepared to offer one final opportunity to before referring back to the client with a recommendation to take further action.
                            Also offering at this late stage, as a gesture of goodwill, they are prepared to accept a full and final settlement on the account provided I contact them within 48 hours of receipt of the letter. opps too late, silly me.

I`m think there is a reply somewhere regarding the client failing to complying with s78. despite them saying they have.

I`d be grateful if someone could point me in the correct direction.

Many thanks for all the help received from this magnificent forum.

TY
                            OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Busy day for me lol,

Reference Nationwide post #9

Got a letter from CSL, they want to come meet me, I`ll nail the doorstep down just in case and in the next few days, I have 10 so I`m in no hurry, I`ll get a copy of the Scottish doorstep marauders letter off to them.

Again all my thanks for the help.

TY
                              OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Busy day for me lol,

Reference Nationwide post #9

Got a letter from CSL, they want to come meet me, I`ll nail the doorstep down just in case and in the next few days, I have 10 so I`m in no hurry, I`ll get a copy of the Scottish doorstep marauders letter off to them.

Again all my thanks for the help.

TY
                                yep, that's the one Mehim

Comment

Working...
                                X