GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roomtobreathe's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roomtobreathe's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roomtobreathe's UE diary

Mrs RTB Barclaycard as here.

Stopped paying in Sep and have now got letter from Mercers - pay up or we pass to local DCA/representativ. Sent signed for so they must mean business!

Now the time to send a CCA request?
    Last edited by roomtobreathe; 12 January 2012, 22:31.

Comment

RTB's Halifax CC as here. This account is UE as they've mislaid the paperwork.

Moorcroft sent letter, offering a substantial discount to 'prevent' possible court action.

Worth replying or just continue to ignore?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        Have you got a letter saying they haven't got an agreement?
        Oh indeed I have!

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
          Oh indeed I have!
          Jammy! I couldn't believe how quickly they responded to my request -- sent it out the same day they received it! I've yet to discover whether it's enforceable or not ...

Glad you sorted out the account number thing! I think they were Móorcroft internal refs ... but as you've got the golden ticket mislaid paperwork letter ... Was that Halifax or Moorcroft who sent that "can't find" letter?

Comment

From Moorcroft, obviously they've asked Halifax and I presume this was their response. Until they find it they can whistle.

Comment

From Moorcroft, obviously they've asked Halifax and I presume this was their response. Until they find it they can whistle.
              Through which orifice?

Comment

That's a little odd as my Halifax card was taken out almost exactly at the same time. I'd sent a CCA request to Moorcroft back in the summer and still haven't received anything from them. Then I sent one to Halifax and they sent me the reply to the CCA request literally by return of post (copy of signed application form etc.) in what looks like a highly efficient operation! (I sent it to the Dunfermline address.)

I've yet to find out whether it's UE or E ...

I might send one final one to Moorcroft (who have cashed the £1 by the way) saying I will not respond to any of their letters or phonecalls as they have failed to respond to this statutory request blah... and see what happens then...
                Last edited by Pip; 13 January 2012, 14:26. Reason: Was getting Lloyds and Halilfax and Edinburgh and Dunfermline mixed up ...

Comment

after a while though they may forget having received a CCA request from you, that happen to RBS who allegedly told their Regal they had no record of me ever requesting a CCA from them!
                  Alternatively, that may just because RBS is staffed by a lot of pathological liars.

Comment

Niddy always says every account is different, even if with the same bank!

If MoorCrap are acting for the Halifax they would have to get the agreement from them anyway... after a a while though they may forget having received a CCA request from you, that happen to RBS who allegedly told their Regal they had no record of me ever requesting a CCA from them! they sent an app form but it's been a couple of years... I take it yours was recent...
                    Yep. Moorcrap are just doing the hassling on Halifax's behalf. Moorcroft received the CCA request back in summer; they cashed the PO, but they still didn't send anything. I recently contacted Halifax direct (not sure whether I shouldn't have, and whether I should have just done it through Moorcroft,) and they sent something back immediately. I have stopped paying, and Moorshight inform me that I need to negotiate with them, not Halifax (even though Halifax haven't sold the debt). Because I don't know whether the CCA received from Halifax is UE or E, I'm not in a clear position, but I'll send a final letter to Moorcroft to hopefully get rid of them once and for all. Or as they're so incompetent, maybe it's worth keeping them as Halifax (The Organ Grinder)'s monkey/gimp?

Don't wish to hijack RTB's diary thread about this though! (Although it does have some relevance/context to the most recent diary post...)
                    Last edited by Pip; 13 January 2012, 15:41. Reason: added the word "gimp"

Comment

My Barclaycard account here

Latest is letter from Mercers S87(i) default notice as I haven't sent Barclaycard any dosh since September.

What do I need to send to Mercers?

Ta.

Comment

My Barclaycard account here

Latest is letter from Mercers S87(i) default notice as I haven't sent Barclaycard any dosh since September.

What do I need to send to Mercers?

Ta.
                        Ignore ...but keep the DN safe and the envelope it came in.......
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                          Ignore ...but keep the DN safe and the envelope it came in.......
                          Not a CCA request? I mean Mercers' letter is in red ink, must be worthy of a reply!

Comment

Hi RTB,

I2D is correct. Mercers ARE Barclaycard. As is Calders who are the next desk across the gangway from Mercers in the same Merseyside office. Mercers are a dormant company and it is unlawful for them to participate in any commercial activity whatsoever. Their DNs are normally defective so mark up both the envelope and the DN with the date it ACTUALLY dropped through your door. Mercers will give you loads of hassle and then get fed up and pass it onto Calders who usually will demand monies not yet due and then issue a demand for the full outstanding amount. They cannot do this as they cannot terminate as this technically is on the back of a defective DN which Mercers have issued you with. They can correct this but you don't tell them anything of this as they have made a fine art of getting this wrong for a number of years now.

Calders will get fed up as well and put the alleged account out onto the DCA circus who of course until it is eventually sold can absolutely NOTHING only threaten and bully you and you just keep batting them down.

regards
                            Garlok
                            Last edited by garlok; 16 January 2012, 09:41.

Comment

Multitasking just isn't my forte. I knew I shouldn't have tried to send out 2 letters on the same day. My letter to Moorcroft/Halifax went to Blair, Oliver, Scott / BOS and vice versa.

I did wonder why I had a rather strange letter from the Halifax!

Back to the post office tomorrow!

Comment

Back to the post office tomorrow!
                                Why? Nothing needs sending, what is it you want to send?
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X