GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roomtobreathe's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roomtobreathe's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roomtobreathe's UE diary

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions for heading Shoosmiths off? Perhaps a letter restating I can't pay more as I haven't got it? I have a feeling that they'll take this all the way to court.
    This is in relation to the overdrafts right? Can you email me their letter please so I can see what it is they are saying?

Cheers mate
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Moved Nationwide Posts

Moved Nationwide Posts

I have moved all your Nationwide Credit Card posts to the protected Legal Claims Against Me section. Check your PM's for details of how to access the section.

best of luck.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mrs RTB Bank of Scotland Credit Card as Post #7

The postie has delivered their response to my CCA request and very peculiar it is too.

All printed on A4 paper from an office printer we have 7 sides of a CCA agreement with 8 sides of a Conditions of use agreement. All unsigned of course.

Covering letter tells me they're 'Reconstituted'. They also tell me that a copy of the original signed form is winging it's way to me from their relevant department.

They also warn me about using the services of those dastardly 'claims management companies'

Do we have a UE here? Niddy, let me know if you want me to scan these in for your perusal.

Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          This is in relation to the overdrafts right? Can you email me their letter please so I can see what it is they are saying?

Cheers mate
          Only just spotted this! Email will be with you shortly.

Comment

Mrs RTB Bank of Scotland Credit Card as Post #7

The postie has delivered their response to my CCA request and very peculiar it is too.

All printed on A4 paper from an office printer we have 7 sides of a CCA agreement with 8 sides of a Conditions of use agreement. All unsigned of course.

Covering letter tells me they're 'Reconstituted'. They also tell me that a copy of the original signed form is winging it's way to me from their relevant department.

They also warn me about using the services of those dastardly 'claims management companies'

Do we have a UE here? Niddy, let me know if you want me to scan these in for your perusal.

Ta.
            You can assume it's UE as its a recon (admitted)... however await the application they claim to send, then we'll take next steps....

Comment

Only just spotted this! Email will be with you shortly.
              No emails from you...?

Comment

On it's way!

Comment

On it's way!
                  Hiya,

Ok that threat kinda looks half real, so its up to you what you want to do next? You can either risk them taking action (possible ccj) or you could email that Katie @ Shoosmiths with some arrangement - but whatever you do, I cannot really offer much advice as it is a bank overdraft which is CCA1974 exempt and more importantly they are repayable on demand - no default etc need be issued.

Its a lose lose with this i'm afraid matey

Comment

I thought it was. . Thanks for checking.

Anyway, the other day had just finished talking to Paul when the phone rang again with 'number with-held', assumed it was Paul again but it wasn't. It was Katie from Shoosmiths. Sneaky barstewards.

Had a chat anyway, she told me that they will stay legal action if I double the monthly amount I'm repaying. Which I can't, haven't got it.

So it looks as if this is off for a CCJ then I can discuss how to pay it with the courts and hopefully I'll get an affordable repayment. Which will hopefully be less than I'm paying now.

Pressing them further they did seem unaware that I was paying through CCCS, both for the O/D and the credit card. Maybe they haven't been doing their homework.

Still, we'll see what the postie brings in the next day or two.

Comment

I thought it was. . Thanks for checking.

Anyway, the other day had just finished talking to Paul when the phone rang again with 'number with-held', assumed it was Paul again but it wasn't. It was Katie from Shoosmiths. Sneaky barstewards.

Had a chat anyway, she told me that they will stay legal action if I double the monthly amount I'm repaying. Which I can't, haven't got it.

So it looks as if this is off for a CCJ then I can discuss how to pay it with the courts and hopefully I'll get an affordable repayment. Which will hopefully be less than I'm paying now.

Pressing them further they did seem unaware that I was paying through CCCS, both for the O/D and the credit card. Maybe they haven't been doing their homework.

Still, we'll see what the postie brings in the next day or two.
                      Hiya

Ok fair point, at the end of the day you can always opt for a redetermination anyway. That way you only have to pay what the court think you can afford.

best of luck..... sorry I can't offer any other advice, although no harm in asking paul if they have missed anything regulatory that may help you to beat them should you defend any possible action? Its really up to you......

Comment

Nationwide o/d on flexaccount

See Post #12

Just logged into my CCCS debt plan and I've noticed that CCCS are now paying Shoosmiths my repayments to Nationwide.

I've not had any notification from Nationwide or Shoosmiths to this effect.

Any idea what they're up to or even if this should have happened?

Comment

Nationwide o/d on flexaccount

See Post #12

Just logged into my CCCS debt plan and I've noticed that CCCS are now paying Shoosmiths my repayments to Nationwide.

I've not had any notification from Nationwide or Shoosmiths to this effect.

Any idea what they're up to or even if this should have happened?
                          How long has this being going on for? You know if you're making payments to them, they cannot take any formal action - well they can, but it'd be frowned upon you know!

No idea why they are doing this.... maybe ask CCCS - but are you leaving it in place or cancelling it?

Comment

My last statement with CCCS showed the o/d payments going to Nationwide. Logging in the recipient is now marked as Shoosmiths so they'll be receiving the cash via CCCS with March's payment.

Nationwide have consistently refused to accept the DMP both for the o/d and cc, although partial payments have always been maintained by me via CCCS.

Everything is staying in place as I feel better with a consistent payment record should I need to ask for a redetermination hearing with any court action, such as with the Nationwide cc, and I always felt that it would look better as in

You know if you're making payments to them, they cannot take any formal action - well they can, but it'd be frowned upon you know!"
                            Payments have always been made on the Nationwide cc via CCCS but it hasn't stopped then from initiating court action.

It would seem that Shoosmiths are now a fully paid up member of the DCA pondlife club.

Would be good to know what they're up to though.
                            Last edited by roomtobreathe; 4 March 2011, 08:38.

Comment

According to the CCCS Shoosmiths are now the recipients of my cash for the Nationwide o/d.

Mrs RTB has rung through as we've received a letter from Shoosmiths saying that they have initiated court action with default action being made on the 29th March, sort of thing, unless we reply.

Account is payable, no doubt about that, so what's the best course of action? Allow this to become a CCJ by default and then apply for a redetermination?

All suggestions welcome!

Worth moving this particular account to the protected section? I'll scan in the letter when I get in.

Comment

If you've been paying all along then they cannot take action so you'd apply for set-aside.

Am I mis-reading this?

In any case, may be worth contacting Paul. and see what he says....? You have the details already don't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X