GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pip's UE Diary

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    1st Credit seem to love the printer at the moment, i must have got about 3 letters all a week apart over xmas. What winds me up is their timing. I know they do it to try and scare you, but it was xmas and new year? how do they know we arnt away for 2 weeks! winds me up.
    I was thinking the same, SXGuy. For all their guff in the first letter about "we get the maximum three stars for touchy-feely customer service", in their second letter after informing that they've bought the debt they threaten bankruptcy proceedings! (I haven't had that letter yet but it's bloody hasty of them).
    I was a bit concerned given the B-word, and that there has been a flurry of letters from 1st Credit to a few members lately, but Grassy_K's experience is encouraging: after sending the CCA request, an acknowledgement letter came back a week later, then five months' silence, then a letter to say they've assigned the account back to the OC! So fingers crossed for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
      Pip's account no. 3
      Lloyds TSB
      Start date: Jan 2004
      Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £13,000
      Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
      Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
      Default notice issued November 2010.
      Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

snipped; see post #3
      JAN Reply to CCA request received from Lloyds TSB -- Niddy says !
      snipped; see post #3
      snipped; see post #3
      JUN Letter from Lloyds Statement of account in letter form not showing anything other than the balance
      DEC Notice of Assignment from Lloyds Lloyds has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of this account (inc. outstanding balance) to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd,
      DEC Letter from 1st Credit Following assignment from Lloyds Bank plc, we would like to introduce 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd as the new legal owner of the outstanding debt. Please contact us to discuss repayment options.
      JAN Letter from 1st Credit If we don't hear from you, we can't help. [...] Should no contact be made with 1st Credit an escalation in collections activity may be considered. We prefer to not pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach a resolution.
      JAN Sent CCA request to 1st Credit
      JAN Letter from 1st Credit (automated letter dated same day as they received the CCA request as per Royal Mail conf.) County Court proceedings are being considered. Regrettably, we are considering whether we should issue County Court proceedings against you. If a CCJ is registered against you, you may find it difficult to obtain credit at competitive rates. We would prefer not to pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach an agreeable solution.
      They're hasty, this lot. And all this nonsense straddled the Christmas/New Year shutdown. Their letter printing machine sent this out the same day as they received the CCA request. Wondering if I need to send anything? Normally of course I would not ignore a letter that threatens court proceedings but this has crossed with the CCA request and the wording of the rest of this short letter sounds a lot like bluster ...

Comment

The exact letters in the same Order was received by me also. The threat of SD was dated 30th December, day before new years Eve. Although it has prob crossed paths with your CCA Request I personally responded to it, not because of anything other than the fact threats like those are part of why the OFT sanctioned them for in 2009. I personally feel they are trying to intimidate a debtor sending that, no other reason for it after 2 initial letters. I am on my phone right now but next time I'm on my computer I will show you the response I made to them. Failing that perhaps a skilled mod, expert or Niddy could mock you up a special reply.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They're hasty, this lot. And all this nonsense straddled the Christmas/New Year shutdown. Their letter printing machine sent this out the same day as they received the CCA request. Wondering if I need to send anything? Normally of course I would not ignore a letter that threatens court proceedings but this has crossed with the CCA request and the wording of the rest of this short letter sounds a lot like bluster ...
          in this situation i would do a one liner referring them to your cca request.

dear eejits

I am in receipt of your miserable letter of blah, and would refer you to the letter of blah received and signed for in your office on the blah but obviously not read.

yours stick a big loo brush up your bum

pip

Comment

So eloquent MrsD
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks everyone -- I'll send one off tomorrow if nothing comes from them in tomorrow's post!

Comment

Seems like 1st Credit had a buying spree from Lloyds at the beginning of December as they also bought my OD. I've been ill recently and only sent a version of Sold While in Dispute this week. I haven't had any other letters from them...though I probably will today now that I've said that!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Seems like 1st Credit had a buying spree from Lloyds at the beginning of December as they also bought my OD. I've been ill recently and only sent a version of Sold While in Dispute this week. I haven't had any other letters from them...though I probably will today now that I've said that!
                  Yeah they have my O/D account also.
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

had a response to my CCA Request today, account on hold while they ask the OC. Still waiting on response to my reply re SD threat. Seems they have about a 10 day turnaround in replying.

Comment

Pip's account no. 3
                      Lloyds TSB
                      Start date: Jan 2004
                      Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £13,000
                      Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
                      Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
                      Default notice issued November 2010.
                      Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

snipped; see post #3
                      JAN Reply to CCA request received from Lloyds TSB -- Niddy says !
                      snipped; see post #3
                      snipped; see post #3
                      JUN Letter from Lloyds Statement of account in letter form not showing anything other than the balance
                      DEC Notice of Assignment from Lloyds Lloyds has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of this account (inc. outstanding balance) to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd,
                      DEC Letter from 1st Credit Following assignment from Lloyds Bank plc, we would like to introduce 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd as the new legal owner of the outstanding debt. Please contact us to discuss repayment options.
                      JAN Letter from 1st Credit If we don't hear from you, we can't help. [...] Should no contact be made with 1st Credit an escalation in collections activity may be considered. We prefer to not pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach a resolution.
                      JAN Sent CCA request to 1st Credit
                      JAN Letter from 1st Credit (automated letter dated same day as they received the CCA request as per Royal Mail conf.) County Court proceedings are being considered. Regrettably, we are considering whether we should issue County Court proceedings against you. If a CCJ is registered against you, you may find it difficult to obtain credit at competitive rates. We would prefer not to pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach an agreeable solution.
                      JAN Letter from 1st Credit Thank you for your recent communication. We are aware that you have requested a copy of your original credit agreement and/or statements for the duration of your account. We will contact the original creditor. We will suspend collections activity whilst the matter is under investigation. Please be assured that 1st Credit Ltd will assist you in resolving any outstanding queries.
                      Ah, right -- they've replied to the CCA request! I'll sit tight and save myself a trip to the post office.

Comment

Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
                        SnV
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
                          SnV
                          Hello SnV!
                          Yep, all quiet! No news = good news! I'm enjoying this lull, if not the weather!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                            Just to do a quick update -- I still haven't heard from any creditors or their goons since January! I can hardly believe it. Still quite a way off SB -- although thinking about it, it's only 2½ years give-or-take until 2018!! How time flies ...

Comment

Brilliant x thanks for the update if it changes let us know xxxx
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                Just to do a quick update -- I still haven't heard from any creditors or their goons since January! I can hardly believe it. Still quite a way off SB -- although thinking about it, it's only 2½ years give-or-take until 2018!! How time flies ...
                                Good news Pip - lets hope it stays that way!

Comment

Working...
                                X