GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pip's UE Diary

if they turn up tell em to piss off, you would think it would dawn on them that this is a spent threat, eejits!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      if they turn up tell em to piss off, you would think it would dawn on them that this is a spent threat, eejits!!!
      I wouldn't even waste my breath doing that, it is too valuable. I'd just let them stand outside and work out for themselves that they need to leave.

I would be very surprised, though, if they bother to turn up. Not unless you live in a flat above a pub, with a betting shop on one side and a knocking shop on the other.

SH

Comment

Thanks MrsD and ScabHunter!

This lot have been a bit relentless -- tons of phone calls and even though this is the first letter they've sent addressing anything that I've written to them, they're still sending doorstep threats via Power2Contact.

Wondering if the Credit Solutions letter above is deserving of a response?
        :

Comment

Special Brew....thats a bit posh for the likes of us

Comment

Well, Credit Solutions have with exemplary punctuality resumed their telephone harassment campaign in earnest this morning ... I'll sit on my hands and report back what they send next!

Comment

Time to get your broomstick out then FP

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                Time to get your broomstick out then FP

Heard she has been given a kick start for it.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
                  Pip's account no. 6
                  RBS Mint
                  Start date: March 2000
                  Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
                  Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
                  Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
                  Default notice issued Nov 2010.
                  Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA Request sent to RBS
                  JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy --Niddy says (post #92)
                  JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter
                  FEB Received letter from RBS: We have met our obligations under s78(1). We see no reason to enter into further correspondence about alleged CCA breaches. We do not consider this account to be in dispute. Contact CAB or similar if you continue to doubt the veracity of what we have told you about our having complied with our obligations under s78(1).
                  MAR Letter from RBS: (and a terse one at that): THIS IS A FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT // We currently require £xxxxxx.xx from you. If we do not receive payment within the next 14 days, the account will be sent to a debt collection agent. Even at this late stage, this can be prevented and we are still willing to discuss a payment programme.
                  APR Letter from Allied International Credit (AIC): Your account has been passed to us by RBS Card Services to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with your a/c. // We offer a flexible approach [...] different options that suit a wide range of personal circumstances [...] You may have been unable to find a suitable repayment plan on this account previously and we believe that we can help you repay the account. [nice!] We will be in contact with you during the next seven days by letter and/or phone in order to discuss your repayment options in detail. In the meantime, if you want to contact us you can phone us on a Glasgow number even though the address on the back of the envelope is a Bristol one. [Thanks for the offer but I don't think I'll bother.]
                  APR Sent Account Sold In Dispute letter
                  APR Letter from Allied International Credit (AIC): We note that you are requesting a copy of the consumer credit agreement relating to the above account. We are happy to do this for you; however, our client, RBS Card [sic], requires a fee of £1.00 for a copy agreement. Should you require copy statements a fee of £10.00 will be required. Please send fee this directly to AIC.

A sleeping dog awakens ...
                  NOV Letter from Fredrickson International Ltd: Your details have been passed to us by MINT to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with your account. // Please telephone us to discuss your repayment options in detail. // If we do not hear from you we will be in contact with you by letter and/or phone.
                  Guessing Sold in Dispute letter is the one to send off before their telephone dialling machine starts its onslaught!

Comment

A sleeping dog awakens ...
                    NOV Letter from Fredrickson International Ltd: Your details have been passed to us by MINT to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with your account. // Please telephone us to discuss your repayment options in detail. // If we do not hear from you we will be in contact with you by letter and/or phone.
                    Guessing Sold in Dispute letter is the one to send off before their telephone dialling machine starts its onslaught!
                    [/FONT]
                    That's what I would do.............
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pip's account no. 4
                      MBNA
                      Start date: June 2003
                      Default notice issued March 2011.
                      Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA Request sent to MBNA
                      JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says half and half
                      JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter to MBNA
                      JAN Letter received from MBNA saying "Balance sold to Britannica Recoveries S.á.r.l. Mortlake"; with letter in same envelope from "Moorgate Loan Servicing". The wording says "it's been purchased", but there is no Notice of Assignment ...
                      FEB Letter from MBNA: Documents provided do comply with CCA requirements // As such, there is no need to seek an enforcement order in order to exercise our rights.
                      FEB Letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing: (referring to "Loan Account Number" -- it wasn't a loan). Not received payment on your a/c. Your a/c will now be transferred to our appointed agents, Arden Credit Management who will contact you to discuss repayment of the outstanding balance. (There is no reference in this letter to the original MBNA account whatsoever)
                      FEB Letter from Arden "Credit Managment": We have been instructed by Moorgate Loan Servicing to recover an amount outstanding to them. We have assumed responsibility for working with you to repay this amount; therefore all communication should be with us. Please call on receipt of this letter to discuss repayment. Easiest way to pay is debit or CREDIT CARD.
                      MAR Letter from Arden "Credit Managment": I am very concerned that you have not taken steps to address balance referred to in previous letter // Failure to come to an acceptable arrangement could result in sending someone to your address to discuss matter in person, passing account to solicitors to obtain judgment and enforcement action in line with your circumstances (e.g. charging orders/attachment of earnings). These have potential for increasing your current balance as charges for someone to speak to you in person would be added to your amount owed. CCJs will impact credit rating etc. This is an extremely urgent matter and one you should not ignore. To avoid any potential additional charges or negative impact to credit file, contact us ...
                      MAR Sent Prove It letter
                      MAR Letter from Arden: We are writing to confirm that the present situation of non-payment on the above account is not acceptable. // Full balance due and payable // You are in breach of this requirement; options available to you: monthly instalments/lump sum // Should you choose to do nothing, we may take further action: agent in person/legal action. Do not ignore this letter.
                      MAR Letter from Arden: Thank you for your letter dated xxx. I am presently investigating the comments you raised and a full response will be sent shortly.
                      APR Letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing: MBNA wrote advising your credit agreement had been cancelled // Options available to them included Sale of Debt. Your account has now legally been sold to Britannica Recoveries. We will consider complaint closed if we have not heard from you within eight weeks. They also enclosed a weirdly "hey! trendy! cool!" letter from Virgin Money: We're pleased to enclose a copy of your most recent T&Cs. Don't forget some of the other fantastic features of your account: Log on to do blah blah etc. You can even go paperless! [squeals with knicker-wetting excitement]. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom and we look forward to hearing from you soon. They enclose "current" MBNA T&Cs -- 6 pages -- even though it's no longer current as MBNA have sold the account ..?
                      JUN Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: ***FINAL DEMAND*** I am extremely concerned that despite all of our attempts to contact you and discuss the above account you persist in refusing to address the outstanding balance. // Should you continue to ignore our requests for payment proposals, we will be left with no option but to review your account for further action to be taken ... this may mean home visit to discuss reason for non-payment, or account being passed to solicitors to initiate legal proceedings. We will be reviewing account in 7 calendar days; please contact our offices immediately ...
                      JUN Letter to Arden Credit Mgt: Telling them last letter received from them was in March saying "a full response will be sent to you shortly".
                      JUL Letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing: Sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service received; complaints are taken seriously, [blah etc]. With reference to your letter of xx March 2012, our final response was sent on xx April 2012 (copy enclosed). Moorgate Loan Servicing has now appointed Arden Credit Mgt to manage your loan account. I can see from our records that Arden has made several attempts to contact you to discuss the account. The telephone calls have been made due to the need for a payment arrangement in line with your personal affordability and where possible to include proposals to reduce your account arrears. // Arden has tried to contact you to discuss the situation and I apologise that you have been upset by these calls. However payments do need to be mutually agreed and maintained. I note that you have not made a payment since xx January 2012. Failure to contact Arden immediately may now result in legal proceedings. Therefore contact us on [phone number] to discuss options to discharge yourself from this responsibility. // We are responding to your enquiry in respect of a loan with Britannica Recoveries SARL-Mortlake on behalf of Moorgate Loan Servicing. // Financial ombudsman info etc. blah.
                      JUL Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: Despite our numerous attempts to contact you we have not had a response from you or an indication of willingness from you to resolve this matter. Further to our last correspondence we have reviewed your account and determined that further action is necessary. To that end, I am going to instruct field agents to attend your property to discuss the matter with you in person. A fee for the visit will be charged to you with the amount not exceeding £75.00. We can cancel this if you contact us within five days of this letter and make satisfactory arrangements regarding your account.
                      JUL Sent Threat of Doorstep Visit letter to Arden Credit Mgt
                      JUL Letter from Resolvecall: We have been instructed by Arden Credit Mgt to contact you regarding the outstanding balance due to them by you. Arden Credit Mgt advise us that they have not been able to contact you [but I have been in contact with them] and they are concerned that you may be experiencing difficulty meeting your repayments. It is in your interest to contact Arden immediately upon receipt of this letter to discuss this account as a matter of urgency so that they can try and help you find a way to repay the outstanding balance. // If you do not contact Arden, this may lead to a personal visit being made by one of our representatives. // To avoid the need for this action, please call Arden on 0800 blah at once. They are happy to accept payment over the phone by debit/credit card. // Act now to get help; Please do not ignore this letter.
                      JUL Sent Threat of Doorstep Visit letter to Resolvecall
                      AUG Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: Income and Expenditure Statement -- Please complete and return this I&E statement within the next seven days. We will use this info to assess your affordability [sic] and to agree a payment arrangement with you. Blah etc.
                      AUG Sent Account Sold in Dispute letter to Arden
                      AUG Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: We have noted there has been no payment since [donkeys ago]. We require a payment arrangement to be put in place on this a/c immediately. Please complete the enclosed income and expenditure form. [No I&E form was enclosed]
                      AUG Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: I would like to speak with you about your account. Upon receiving this letter please contact this office on the above number, quoting a/c no. I look forward to [not] hearing from you.
                      AUG Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: Thank you for your recent letters. The notification sent to you dated July 2012 informing you that we were going to instruct agents to your property confirms our appointment. [???] We provided you with a copy of your credit agreement in April 2012. I enclose a statement of your account* for your information. Please contact us in order to discuss your payment proposals. Failure to do so may result in further action being taken. We will not be releasing you from your obligation. I hope this clarifies our position.
                      AUG Statement of Account enclosed with above letter: Please find detailed below a breakdown of your account, as requested.
                      Date --- Transaction Type --- Debit --- Credit --- Balance. Should you have any queries regarding the above, please contact this office on 0845 ... Yours sincerely. [There are no digits or figures shown on this "statement" whatsoever!]
                      AUG Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: Thank you for your recent letter dated xx August 2012. Our position remains as outlined in our previous responses. We have nothing further to add. I trust this clarifies our position in this matter.
                      Uh-oh. Arrow!
                      Will clue myself up about this dodgy lot on the dedicated threads ...
                      NOV Letter from Moorgate: Britannica Recoveries S.a.r.l. - Mortlake have sold this account to Arrow Global Guernsey ("Arrow Global"). The transfer assigns all rights as owner to Arrow Global.

Comment

Welcome to the club. Had mine this morning
                        Uh-oh. Arrow!
                        Will clue myself up about this dodgy lot on the dedicated threads ...
                        NOV Letter from Moorgate: Britannica Recoveries S.a.r.l. - Mortlake have sold this account to Arrow Global Guernsey ("Arrow Global"). The transfer assigns all rights as owner to Arrow Global.
                        [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                          Welcome to the club. Had mine this morning
                          Same advice for you Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                            Do keep an eye out for letters but don't panic! Virtually all MBNA accounts have been sold to Arrow (except mine so far ), who have issued a few claims as you know, HOWEVER, Plan B got a Letter Before Action from solicitors acting on behalf of Arrow and she saw them off!

For now I'd just wait for Arrow to make contact, at which point I'd hit them with the Sold in Dispute letter to start with.
                            Thanks FP! I'll have a good read through the two threads to see how things developed. Should be a little while before they introduce themselves though. This was my first account that had got sold on, and it's somehow encouraging that it got sold on yet again, even if it was to Arrow ...

Comment

The interesting thing about Arrow according to the Top 30 pop parade of DCA's is they dont have in house collections. That is the business model they use and its has apparently been very successful for them. So much so its catapulted them into joint top spot with Lowell.

All collections are farmed out. So utimately they will be the finger on the trigger granted but it will be also something to do with the collecting DCA aswell.

Which ones are more confident of litigation and which ones use excitable munchkins.

Cant recall if all the ones which have just gone through were a marriage in hell of Arrow and just one other DCA.
                              Last edited by ken100464; 15 November 2012, 21:21.

Comment

Pip's account no. 6
                                RBS Mint
                                Start date: March 2000
                                Default notice issued Nov 2010.

JAN CCA Request sent to RBS
                                JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy --Niddy says (post #92)
                                JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter
                                FEB Received letter from RBS: We have met our obligations under s78(1). We see no reason to enter into further correspondence about alleged CCA breaches. We do not consider this account to be in dispute. Contact CAB or similar if you continue to doubt the veracity of what we have told you about our having complied with our obligations under s78(1).
                                MAR Letter from RBS: (and a terse one at that): THIS IS A FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT // We currently require £xxxxxx.xx from you. If we do not receive payment within the next 14 days, the account will be sent to a debt collection agent. Even at this late stage, this can be prevented and we are still willing to discuss a payment programme.
                                APR Letter from Allied International Credit (AIC): Your account has been passed to us by RBS Card Services to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with your a/c. // We offer a flexible approach [...] different options that suit a wide range of personal circumstances [...] You may have been unable to find a suitable repayment plan on this account previously and we believe that we can help you repay the account. [nice!] We will be in contact with you during the next seven days by letter and/or phone in order to discuss your repayment options in detail. In the meantime, if you want to contact us you can phone us on a Glasgow number even though the address on the back of the envelope is a Bristol one. [Thanks for the offer but I don't think I'll bother.]
                                APR Sent Account Sold In Dispute letter
                                APR Letter from Allied International Credit (AIC): We note that you are requesting a copy of the consumer credit agreement relating to the above account. We are happy to do this for you; however, our client, RBS Card [sic], requires a fee of £1.00 for a copy agreement. Should you require copy statements a fee of £10.00 will be required. Please send fee this directly to AIC.
                                NOV Sent Account Sold In Dispute letter
                                Hmm. Bit of a first for me -- [abbreviations ahoy!] the DCA has gone to the OC and got a copy of the CCA.
                                NOV Letter from Fredrickson International Ltd: Our client confirms they complied with your CCA request (copy of CCA enclosed). // Our client believes the outstanding balance is lawfully due to them. We confirm that we are acting in good faith and our actions have been lawful. We and our client deny harassment and any such claim will be vigorously defended and you are put to strict proof of such serious allegations. // This matter relates to a debt that you are contractually obliged to pay. As we have no record of a valid dispute in this matter, and as we have clarified our position and that of our client we look forward to hearing your payment proposals within the next 21 days. If we do not hear from you in that time collection activity may resume.
                                I'll look in the diaries to see how vicious RBS/Fredrickson are when it comes to real litigation threats (none as such in this letter just yet, but it's quite firmly worded and they have sent a copy of the CCA) ...

Comment

Working...
                                X