GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pip's UE Diary

That sounds like a typical Cabot template chasing letter... As long as there are no threats, If it were me I would let them consider all they want....And wait to see what comes next

If they start to ramp up on the next letter it may then be time to reply to them
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I agree with spud, ignore them a while longer.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
        Pip's account no. 6
        RBS Mint
        Start date: March 2000
        Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
        Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
        Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
        Default notice issued Nov 2010.
        Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA Request sent to RBS
        JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy --Niddy says (post #92)

[snipped, see post #6 for rest]

JAN Letter from Fredrickson: Our client confirms that they complied with your request for CCA documents in January 2012. // Our client believes the outstanding balance is lawfully due to them. // This matter relates to a debt that you are contractually obliged to pay. As we have no record of a valid dispute in this matter, and as we have clarified our position and that of our client we look forward to hearing your payment proposals within the next 21 days. If we do not hear from you in that time collection activity may resume.
        APR Letter from RBS Mint: Our collection agent has been unable to contact you or agree a suitable repayment plan therefore your account details have been passed on to Wescot Credit Services Ltd [good grief -- third account that's now with that lot] to act as our new collection agent. Any account queries should be addressed to this agent until further notice. // Wescot will contact you in the next 14 days to confirm receipt of your details. They will then look to discuss your repayment options in detail.
        JUN Letters from RBS and Cabot in same envelope: RBS letter: We have sold your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd has instructed Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd to manage your account on its behalf. [Hmm. I wonder if this is relevant; copied it here just in case].
        Cabot letter: Your experience with Cabot will be different // Phone us in the next 7 days and our personal consultant will work with you to find a mutual solution. // Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.
        JUN Letter from Cabot [less than a week after the last one]: We really want to help you // Your personal consultant is waiting // What could happen if you don't talk to us? -- Credit file affected // -- We may have to consider other ways to recover your debt // -- You'll receive calls and letters until you contact us // -- Outstanding amount will remain due. Have a great day ...
        JUL Letter from Cabot: What you should do now... We have explained that there are options available and we want to help you find the most suitable solution. We do need to hear from you so that we can help you take positive steps towards agreeing an affordable repayment plan and becoming free of this debt. If you're having difficulties paying it is important to tell us. // Your account may be reported on your credit file and may affect your ability to obtain credit now and in the future [Bit late for that!] When you start making payments on your account you will begin to reduce the balance shown on your credit report. // 3 simple steps: Gather details of your income and expenditure, call us on 0345, work with us to agree an affordable repayment plan. If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you to help you resolve your outstanding balance.
        Well, it took them longer than I was expecting to send another letter, although they have phoned five times and sent five texts in the past five weeks. The number they phone is for a 15-year-old Nokia with a PAYG SIM I bought years ago to do Orange Wednesdays and nothing else (and I gave that no. to creditors when I last moved before stopping payments)! So it bleeps once and vibrates every time a DCA phones it (which doesn't happen much these days. I still log the time and date of calls/texts and content of text messages). With these recent Cabot ones here was a pattern to this where the calls and texts were personalised with the name of a person from Cabot (the same bloke left the voice messages each time).

I haven't answered the phone or replied to the text messages or letters yet. This latest letter is also surprisingly kid-gloves with the language with the only discernible threat-ette being about > ooooh! < damage to credit rating. So my instinct here would be to continue ignoring ... but of course I know Cabot must be watched closely and as ever I very much appreciate the advice of the wonderful folk here at AAD!

Comment

Yes continue to ignore, SB is slowly getting closer so expect more contact!

Comment

Hiya Pip, Cabot have been calling and texting me but I've blocked the numbers.

I agree with your instinct, ignore but keep a careful eye open for anything more threatening. As the debt gets closer to SB, you'll probably get a lot more contact but hold your nerve!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Good plan x
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I like a good plan x

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Hiya Pip, Cabot have been calling and texting me but I've blocked the numbers.
                  I agree with your instinct, ignore but keep a careful eye open for anything more threatening. As the debt gets closer to SB, you'll probably get a lot more contact but hold your nerve!
                  Thanks Pixie (and others!). Cabot recently bought this from RBS. I'll keep a close eye on anything they send. I had been tempted to answer the phone and say "in writing only", but I think I'll continue to keep a log of their calls and texts and refer to that once they do actually send any [threatening] letters I need to reply to!

Comment

Cabot seem to be very active lately, I'm the same as you having calls from them most days which I just ignore

Comment

Pip's account no. 6
                      RBS Mint
                      Start date: March 2000
                      Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
                      Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
                      Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
                      Default notice issued Nov 2010.
                      Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA Request sent to RBS
                      JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy --Niddy says (post #92)

[snipped, see post #6 for rest]

JAN Letter from Fredrickson: Our client confirms that they complied with your request for CCA documents in January 2012. // Our client believes the outstanding balance is lawfully due to them. // This matter relates to a debt that you are contractually obliged to pay. As we have no record of a valid dispute in this matter, and as we have clarified our position and that of our client we look forward to hearing your payment proposals within the next 21 days. If we do not hear from you in that time collection activity may resume.
                      APR Letter from RBS Mint: Our collection agent has been unable to contact you or agree a suitable repayment plan therefore your account details have been passed on to Wescot Credit Services Ltd [good grief -- third account that's now with that lot] to act as our new collection agent. Any account queries should be addressed to this agent until further notice. // Wescot will contact you in the next 14 days to confirm receipt of your details. They will then look to discuss your repayment options in detail.
                      JUN Letters from RBS and Cabot in same envelope: RBS letter: We have sold your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd has instructed Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd to manage your account on its behalf. [Hmm. I wonder if this is relevant; copied it here just in case].
                      Cabot letter: Your experience with Cabot will be different // Phone us in the next 7 days and our personal consultant will work with you to find a mutual solution. // Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.
                      JUN Letter from Cabot [less than a week after the last one]: We really want to help you // Your personal consultant is waiting // What could happen if you don't talk to us? -- Credit file affected // -- We may have to consider other ways to recover your debt // -- You'll receive calls and letters until you contact us // -- Outstanding amount will remain due. Have a great day ...
                      JUL Letter from Cabot: What you should do now... We have explained that there are options available and we want to help you find the most suitable solution. We do need to hear from you so that we can help you take positive steps towards agreeing an affordable repayment plan and becoming free of this debt. If you're having difficulties paying it is important to tell us. // Your account may be reported on your credit file and may affect your ability to obtain credit now and in the future [Bit late for that!] When you start making payments on your account you will begin to reduce the balance shown on your credit report. // 3 simple steps: Gather details of your income and expenditure, call us on 0345, work with us to agree an affordable repayment plan. If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you to help you resolve your outstanding balance.
                      AUG Letter from Cabot: Our offer to you // We understand it can be difficult to clear your account in a short period of time ... // We believe that we understand debt and we wanted to share our thoughts with you. [??!] We will work with you to understand your financial situation. If we can find an opportunity for you to repay this account in the short term, then we will help you make that happen. We own your account and are prepared to reduce the balance in order to help you become fee of this debt sooner. If you would like to take up our offer [they haven't mentioned any figures or offer], then call us. If this is not suitable then you need to advise us of your proposal to clear your account. This account may affect your credit rating and ability to get credit in future. Ask our team if your account is registered. [??]
                      A new letter from Cabot that arrived today -- with rather unusual language, but still of the fluffy variety.
                      I still haven't had any contact with them -- haven't replied to any of their letters or their many phone calls and texts. I'm definitely not chomping at the bit to introduce myself to them either, so I'll hang on until the language of their letters gets a bit more fierce, which hopefully it won't!

Comment

How strange......I got the very same letter from Cabot today as well......Left me all warm and fluffy inside it did....

I have not made contact either yet, I cannot see the need to just yet whilst they are sending me such lovely letters

Date and file away, lets see what they send next.......

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                          How strange......I got the very same letter from Cabot today as well......Left me all warm and fluffy inside it did....
                          Like this?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	PotatoesBaked1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1411354

I think Westham1 also got the same letter today ==> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post572860

Comment

Yes I did. I wonder how much they are prepared to reduce the balance by? 100% would be nice then we could clear it in record time.

Comment

I received similar letters from Cabot earlier in the year, that was before I sent a CCA request which took a few months to reply to, and then only with a database printout of all my personal data at the time, but not a single term. The printout stated it was an internet application, it also stated it was from 2002, long before the tick box became as good as a signature, and, even for account from 2005 onwards, they should still provide the T&Cs. Not received any more of their helpful, friendly letters since then, maybe it's because they know what they sent is not worth the paper it's printed on, let alone the postage. What I haven't told them (yet) is that, in any case, the account is well and truly statute barred! Saving the best for last.

They seem to have changed their tune quite recently, could it be they got their little bottoms spanked by the FCA at some point in the last year or so?

Comment

Like this?
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21776[/ATTACH]

Uncanny.......That is exactly it........The Irony is not lost ........

Comment

Working...
                                X