GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pip's UE Diary

Shhhh touch wood now you've said that Pip!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
      Pip's account no. 3
      Lloyds TSB
      Start date: Jan 2004
      Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £13,000
      Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
      Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
      Default notice issued November 2010.
      Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

snipped -- see post #3 for full history
      JUN Letter from Lloyds Statement of account in letter form not showing anything other than the balance
      DEC Notice of Assignment from Lloyds Lloyds has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of this account (inc. outstanding balance) to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd.
      DEC Letter from 1st Credit Following assignment from Lloyds Bank plc, we would like to introduce 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd as the new legal owner of the outstanding debt. Please contact us to discuss repayment options.
      JAN Letter from 1st Credit If we don't hear from you, we can't help. [...] Should no contact be made with 1st Credit an escalation in collections activity may be considered. We prefer to not pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach a resolution.
      JAN Sent CCA request to 1st Credit
      JAN Letter from 1st Credit (automated letter dated same day as they received the CCA request as per Royal Mail conf.) County Court proceedings are being considered. Regrettably, we are considering whether we should issue County Court proceedings against you. If a CCJ is registered against you, you may find it difficult to obtain credit at competitive rates. We would prefer not to pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach an agreeable solution.
      JAN Letter from 1st Credit Thank you for your recent communication. We are aware that you have requested a copy of your original credit agreement and/or statements for the duration of your account. We will contact the original creditor. We will suspend collections activity whilst the matter is under investigation. Please be assured that 1st Credit Ltd will assist you in resolving any outstanding queries.
      JUN Letter from 1st Credit Annual statement enclosed. Should you wish to discuss this further please contact us. The details enclosed within this letter are for your information and we encourage you to take the time to read through them. // Blah convenient payment options.
      Hello!
      This sounds benign enough and the wording might just be their standard blurb for an annual statement. I've heard of 1st Credit being a bit happy to issue claims though so just thought I should check. Since their CCA request acknowledgement in January where they said they'd stop collections activity, they've sent nothing apart from this statement (perhaps because Lloyds have nothing to send on to them?)

Comment

I would just ignore. I think they have become slightly more aware of the law recently! They have only invited you to contact them and haven't offered anything new.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks cymruambyth -- thought it was worth checking!

Comment

always best to check xx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update ... I know we still have two weeks before 2015 draws to a close, but I can hardly believe that I've only had very minor dealings with only one single creditor/DCA this whole year! [I'm touching wood with one hand while I type though]

It's just as well, as work has been very thin on the ground this year, but January's looking more promising so hopefully I can refill the coffers a bit ... and make a new donation to AAD. Christmas presents I've bought for the rels are half-size this year!

Come January it'll be four whole years since I joined AAD. I can barely believe it. I'll put a proper post in the "One Year On" thread then. Not a single penny has been paid out to creditors or DCAs in four years (compared to the thousands of pounds that was going down a CCCA debt management plan plughole before I was directed to this incredible, unique website that is like no other anywhere, ever!

I think I must echo every other member who cannot thank Niddy and the team enough for having rescued me from a desperate situation of fear and dread of every postal delivery each day. Still a couple of years to go until SB but I'm well free of the daily debt worries and desperation I had at the end of 2011.

I'm also a big fan of the Christmas smilies!

Comment

Have a happy Christmas and a fab new year xxxx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I think I must echo every other member who cannot thank Niddy and the team enough for having rescued me from a desperate situation of fear and dread of every postal delivery each day.
                  I've always enjoyed your posts on the forum since you caught my eye with this link which says it all about debt and the way we should treat our tormentors with a mixture of contempt/humour/distain.

http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html
                  It's been my guiding light (attitude wise) ever since and I thank you for that

Plan B xx

Comment

Love the link PB xx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                      Love the link PB xx
                      This one is even funnier http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

Plan B x

Comment

Pip's account no. 6
                        RBS Mint
                        Start date: March 2000
                        Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
                        Default notice issued Nov 2010.
                        Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

[snipped -- see post #6 for rest]
                        JAN Letter from Fredrickson: Our client confirms that they complied with your request for CCA documents in January 2012. // Our client believes the outstanding balance is lawfully due to them. // This matter relates to a debt that you are contractually obliged to pay. As we have no record of a valid dispute in this matter, and as we have clarified our position and that of our client we look forward to hearing your payment proposals within the next 21 days. If we do not hear from you in that time collection activity may resume.
                        APR Letter from RBS Mint: Our collection agent has been unable to contact you or agree a suitable repayment plan therefore your account details have been passed on to Wescot Credit Services Ltd [good grief -- third account that's now with that lot] to act as our new collection agent. Any account queries should be addressed to this agent until further notice. // Wescot will contact you in the next 14 days to confirm receipt of your details. They will then look to discuss your repayment options in detail.
                        JUN Letters from RBS and Cabot in same envelope:
                        RBS letter: We have sold your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd has instructed Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd to manage your account on its behalf. [Hmm. I wonder if this is relevant; copied it here just in case].
                        Cabot letter: Your experience with Cabot will be different // Phone us in the next 7 days and our personal consultant will work with you to find a mutual solution. // Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.
                        It had to happen eventually! I think there has been a flurry of these for people over the past few months so I'll have a look at how things have progressed for others. As ever, any pointers or warnings appreciated in the meantime!

Comment

keep an eye out, don't ignore any letters

Comment

Cabot seem to have been in as big a buying frenzy as the Black Friday shoppers!

Just let us know when you next hear from Cabot.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Pip's account no. 6
                              RBS Mint
                              Start date: March 2000
                              Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
                              Default notice issued Nov 2010.

JAN CCA Request sent to RBS
                              JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy --Niddy says (post #92)

[snipped, see post #6 for rest]

JAN Letter from Fredrickson: Our client confirms that they complied with your request for CCA documents in January 2012. // Our client believes the outstanding balance is lawfully due to them. // This matter relates to a debt that you are contractually obliged to pay. As we have no record of a valid dispute in this matter, and as we have clarified our position and that of our client we look forward to hearing your payment proposals within the next 21 days. If we do not hear from you in that time collection activity may resume.
                              APR Letter from RBS Mint: Our collection agent has been unable to contact you or agree a suitable repayment plan therefore your account details have been passed on to Wescot Credit Services Ltd [good grief -- third account that's now with that lot] to act as our new collection agent. Any account queries should be addressed to this agent until further notice. // Wescot will contact you in the next 14 days to confirm receipt of your details. They will then look to discuss your repayment options in detail.
                              JUN Letters from RBS and Cabot in same envelope: RBS letter: We have sold your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd has instructed Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd to manage your account on its behalf. [Hmm. I wonder if this is relevant; copied it here just in case].
                              Cabot letter: Your experience with Cabot will be different // Phone us in the next 7 days and our personal consultant will work with you to find a mutual solution. // Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.
                              JUN Letter from Cabot [less than a week after the last one]: We really want to help you // Your personal consultant is waiting // What could happen if you don't talk to us? -- Credit file affected // -- We may have to consider other ways to recover your debt // -- You'll receive calls and letters until you contact us // -- Outstanding amount will remain due. Have a great day ...
                              The second letter from Cabot in less than a week arrived today ... still with the touchy-feely language ... tempted to ignore until the next one ..?

Comment

Seems like you are one of their favourites.
                                I am only being dealt with by their team and they don't even tell me to have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                X