GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pip's UE Diary

Originally posted by Pip View Post
    Pip's account no. 3
    Lloyds TSB
    Start date: Jan 2004
    Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £13,000
    Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
    Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
    Default notice issued November 2010.
    Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

Snipped -- please see post #3 for rest
    DEC Notice of Assignment from Lloyds Lloyds has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of this account (inc. outstanding balance) to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd.
    DEC Letter from 1st Credit Following assignment from Lloyds Bank plc, we would like to introduce 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd as the new legal owner of the outstanding debt. Please contact us to discuss repayment options.
    JAN Letter from 1st Credit If we don't hear from you, we can't help. [...] Should no contact be made with 1st Credit an escalation in collections activity may be considered. We prefer to not pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach a resolution.
    JAN Sent CCA request to 1st Credit
    JAN Letter from 1st Credit (automated letter dated same day as they received the CCA request as per Royal Mail conf.) County Court proceedings are being considered. Regrettably, we are considering whether we should issue County Court proceedings against you. If a CCJ is registered against you, you may find it difficult to obtain credit at competitive rates. We would prefer not to pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach an agreeable solution.
    JAN Letter from 1st Credit Thank you for your recent communication. We are aware that you have requested a copy of your original credit agreement and/or statements for the duration of your account. We will contact the original creditor. We will suspend collections activity whilst the matter is under investigation. Please be assured that 1st Credit Ltd will assist you in resolving any outstanding queries.
    JUN Letter from 1st Credit Annual statement enclosed. Should you wish to discuss this further please contact us. The details enclosed within this letter are for your information and we encourage you to take the time to read through them. // Blah convenient payment options.
    MAR Letter from 1st Credit We enclose a signed copy of your credit agreement and a true copy of your credit agreement at the time the account was opened and at the point of default and statements. Due to the the account entering into collections, it has been found necessary to supply an additional post default payment history. This is a snapshot from our system and can be found at the back of the statements. // 'True copy' - What does this mean? Please note that a copy agreement does not need to be a photocopy or exact copy of the signed credit agreement. E.g. there is no obligation to include a signature or date of signature. It is permissible in law to do this by repopulating a template with details of the agreement taken from the creditor's records. The reconstituted copy must be a 'true copy' of the information in the original agreement and must contain the terms and conditions applicable at the time the contract was executed, and at the time the account was defaulted. // Statement of account In accordance with your request, the statement of account is as follows [...]. This fulfils our obligations under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; we hope this satisfies your request. // Please contact us within 14 days of this letter to discuss repayment of your above-mentioned account.
    Oh dear. Well this has taken me by surprise. It's more extensive than the one Lloyds themselves provided back in 2012. I have to go out for the day but I'm guessing it's now enforceable. Just need to find ways of continuing to blag. Perhaps even see what they send next?

Comment

Email the paperwork to Niddy - there may be problems with it.

Comment

It may not be enforceable........ There are a lot of potential errors with Lloyd's paperwork
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          It may not be enforceable........ There are a lot of potential errors with Lloyd's paperwork
          Hi,
          So true I can vouch for that.

Helmsman.

Comment

Always good to let Niddy take a look x
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks all. I've uploaded it and emailed Niddy. It looks like a bit of a belt-and-braces job -- they've been waist-deep in document boxes in the depths of Lloyds TSB's musty cellars.
              The final two pages (of the many received) contain the the header "PrintAccountPreSue" CREDITSOLVE - LIVE -- LEGAL REPORT.

I'm trying not to worry (useless thing to do, I know) or read to much into things. This is my biggest debt and it had been a sleeping dog for the past 21 months!! I know though that we're all in very safe hands here at AAD.

Comment

NIddy has said it's illegible -- to wait and hear from them again and respond accordingly!

Comment

Congratulations good to hear that despite their claims they are still wrong
                  When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Pip's account no. 6
                    RBS Mint
                    Start date: March 2000
                    Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
                    Default notice issued Nov 2010.
                    Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA Request sent to RBS
                    JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says (post #92)

----- snipped, please see post no. 6 for rest -----

JUN Letters from RBS and Cabot in same envelope: RBS letter: We have sold your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd has instructed Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd to manage your account on its behalf. [Hmm. I wonder if this is relevant; copied it here just in case].
                    Cabot letter: Your experience with Cabot will be different // Phone us in the next 7 days and our personal consultant will work with you to find a mutual solution. // Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.
                    JUN Letter from Cabot [less than a week after the last one]: We really want to help you // Your personal consultant is waiting // What could happen if you don't talk to us? -- Credit file affected // -- We may have to consider other ways to recover your debt // -- You'll receive calls and letters until you contact us // -- Outstanding amount will remain due. Have a great day ...
                    JUL Letter from Cabot: What you should do now... We have explained that there are options available and we want to help you find the most suitable solution. We do need to hear from you so that we can help you take positive steps towards agreeing an affordable repayment plan and becoming free of this debt. If you're having difficulties paying it is important to tell us. // Your account may be reported on your credit file and may affect your ability to obtain credit now and in the future [Bit late for that!] When you start making payments on your account you will begin to reduce the balance shown on your credit report. // 3 simple steps: Gather details of your income and expenditure, call us on 0345, work with us to agree an affordable repayment plan. If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you to help you resolve your outstanding balance.
                    AUG Letter from Cabot: Our offer to you // We understand it can be difficult to clear your account in a short period of time ... // We believe that we understand debt and we wanted to share our thoughts with you. [??!]. We will work with you to understand your financial situation. If we can find an opportunity for you to repay this account in the short term, then we will help you make that happen. We own your account and are prepared to reduce the balance in order to help you become fee of this debt sooner. If you would like to take up our offer [they haven't mentioned any figures or offer], then call us. If this is not suitable then you need to advise us of your proposal to clear your account. This account may affect your credit rating and ability to get credit in future. Ask our team if your account is registered[??]
                    SEP Letter from Cabot: Despite repeated attempts to contact you, we have been unable to gain your commitment to repay your debt. // The balance is due and we have advised you of several options that are available ... // You can manage your account by repaying an amount on a monthly basis ... // You should be aware that this account may be on your credit file as an outstanding debt ... // If you start making payments towards your account then your balance will reduce. // If we don't hear from you we will continue to contact you so that we can try and help you take steps towards being free of this debt.
                    OCT Letter from Cabot: Your Next Steps ... We have tried to contact you ... Please contact us // Our aim is to help you take steps towards being free of this debt and we want to work with you to make that happen // If you give us details of any income you receive together with your bills and other priority expenditure, we will try to set up a repayment plan that suits you. We hope to hear from you soon.
                    NOV Letter from Cabot: Give our Personal Payment Plans a try / So far we haven't had the opportunity to speak to you and find out what kind of plan might suit you. Which is why we have put together that we think will help you pay off your account. // Is this affordable for you? [Pay X quid a month for TEN YEARS!] Once you have cleared your account, you will receive a letter to let you know your account is closed.
                    FEB Letter from Cabot: Take positive steps to repaying. You have a balance waiting to be paid. This account may be appearing on your credit file. Having a defaulted account showing on your credit file can impact your ability to get credit. You may have difficulty renting a property, getting a mortgage or taking out a phone contract. // By starting to pay back your account, the amount shown on your credit file will start to go down and can start to repair your credit file. // What you could do: pay in full; monthly repayment plan; discount. If this account does appear on your credit file we can talk to you about how each of these options would be reflected on it. Talk to us. Please contact us within the next 3 weeks; we will be trying to contact you.
                    MAR Letter from Cabot: We would like to hear from you as we'd like to help you clear your account. We will tailor your repayment around your budget, so that it is fair and sustainable. // We've enclosed and income and expenditure form ... // If you would rather be free of this account quickly and could make a partial payment towards the total balance, then let us know. We can offer you a discount on your account if its [sic] affordable for you. Please contact us within the next 4 weeks to discuss your account; we will be trying to contact you.
                    APR Letter from Cabot: Tell us your budget, save £50. We want to help you start positively on your journey to repaying this account. Once you start paying back your account, we will reduce your balance by £50. // All you need to do is call us and fill our a budget form, we will make sure that you can afford important things like bills, food and rent then work out what spare money you have. // We will then discuss with what [sic] you are comfortable paying from this amount and set up a repayment plan tailored to suit you. // Call us... 4 weeks to claim this offer.
                    Another from Cabot. I've been logging these in the diary but not flagging them up each time (editing the original post but not posting a new post for each). They continue to be non-threatening and as such I've not replied to Cabot yet. I understand there are certain schools of thought that say you should let them know it's in dispute (if they do get threatening, they could say "why didn't you tell us sooner?"). I feel comfortable just to let them keep writing though and not respond unless they get threatening.
                    Wondering what others think? I think there are quite a few who get the same Cabot letter(s) as me at the same time. Strangely co-ordinated!

Comment

If it were me I would carry on ignoring as at the moment its only offers. If they send something saying they are refering to a solicitor then I would think about sending something to them so that they are not able to say you ignored anything more specific.
                      I think a few of us are on the same mailshots
                      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Another from Cabot. I've been logging these in the diary but not flagging them up each time (editing the original post but not posting a new post for each). They continue to be non-threatening and as such I've not replied to Cabot yet. I understand there are certain schools of thought that say you should let them know it's in dispute (if they do get threatening, they could say "why didn't you tell us sooner?"). I feel comfortable just to let them keep writing though and not respond unless they get threatening.
                        Wondering what others think? I think there are quite a few who get the same Cabot letter(s) as me at the same time. Strangely co-ordinated!

Hi Pip

Cabot have been writing to me for around 11 months regarding an alleged RBS/Mint debt. I need to respond with a SWID or new CCA request at some point, but since all the letters so far have been non-threatening I have simply filed them.

Edit: It seems they bought these accounts at the same time.

Comment

Great -- I'll happily log and file and keep quiet for as long as I need to!

Comment

Pip's account no. 7
                            Sainsbury's
                            Start date: June 2004
                            Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £7,000
                            Default notice issued Feb 2011.

JAN CCA request sent to Sainsbury's Bank (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
                            JAN CCA received-- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says

--- snipped -- pls see post #7 for rest ---
                            OCT Letters from Sainsbury's Bank + Cabot in same envelope --- Account has been sold to Cabot Credit Management Group as of August (not October date of letter).
                            NOV Letter from Cabot We really want to help you. We understand that you may not be able to pay ... What could happen if you don't talk to us? -- Credit file may be affected // -- We may have to consider other ways to recover your debt // -- You will receive calls or letters until you contact us // -- The outstanding amount will remain due. // Have a great day and we look forward to talking to you very soon.
                            DEC Letter from Cabot We have previously explained that there are several options available ... // We do need to hear from you so that we can help you take positive steps towards agreeing an affordable repayment plan ... // If you're having any difficulties in being able to pay then it is important you tell us. // Your account may be reported on your credit file and may affect your ability to obtain credit ...// If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you to help you resolve your outstanding balance.
                            JAN Letter from Cabot Our offer to you // We understand it can be difficult to clear your account in a short period of time ... // We believe that we understand debt and we wanted to share our thoughts with you. We will work with you to understand your financial situation. If we can find an opportunity for you to repay this account in the short term, then we will help you make that happen. Of course, we will ensure that all of your priority expenditure is up to date and anything you arrange with us is affordable and fair.// We own your account and are prepared to reduce the balance in order to help you become fee of this debt sooner. If you would like to take up our offer, then call us. If this is not suitable then you need to advise us of your proposal to clear your account. This account may affect your credit rating and ability to get credit in future. Ask our team if your account is registered.
                            FEB Letter from Cabot We have not heard from you // Despite repeated attempts to contact you, we have been unable to gain your commitment to repay your debt. The balance is due and we have advised you of several options that are available, all of which are in an attempt to help you be free of this debt. // You can manage your account by repaying an amount on a monthly basis or make a proposal etc. etc. // If we don't hear from you we will continue to contact you so that we can try and help you take steps towards being free of this debt.
                            APR Letter from Cabot We have tried to contact you on a number of occasions so that we can understand your financial situation and discuss a payment plan that is affordable and fair. // Because we have been unable to contact you, we are now going to instruct a company called Moorcroft to try to arrange a visit at your home, so that they can put you back in touch with us. // If you would prefer to speak to us directly then please call us in the next 7 days. // If you need financial help, the we can help point you towards organisations that provide free independent advice etc...
                            Hmm. This is a new development. I know that the likelihood of a doorstep visit by Moorcroft or anyone else is slim to nil with a postcard through the door without knocking at the very most. Rather than writing to Cabot in protest at this stage, I'd be happy to let the clock tick on further and await the start of a few months' fly-swatting of Moorcroft who seem to be pretty toothless (if past experience is anything to go by).
                            Any other suggestions gratefully received though, of course!

Comment

ask them to shut the gate on the way out!

Comment

Hmm. This is a new development. I know that the likelihood of a doorstep visit by Moorcroft or anyone else is slim to nil with a postcard through the door without knocking at the very most. Rather than writing to Cabot in protest at this stage, I'd be happy to let the clock tick on further and await the start of a few months' fly-swatting of Moorcroft who seem to be pretty toothless (if past experience is anything to go by).
                                Any other suggestions gratefully received though, of course!
                                Hi Pip i am also waiting on moorcrofts chuckle brothers paying me a visit. ha ha my deadline is 27th. OR they will send in the clowns. (cabot must be pulling there hair out) lots of letter Tennis ahead Lets hope it goes to 5 sets

Comment

Working...
                                X