GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Poorbarry UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poorbarry UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poorbarry UE Diary

Just had a DCA from coop knock, very bad attitude and taking photos of my house. Please advise asap in both cases please. This one says he's coming back on Wednesday......what do I send them both and will that stop them ?

PB

Comment

Hi PB,
      As SunnyLooloo suggested the other day, send off the letter here in this link asap.
      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...98&postcount=7

Unfortunately other than that there is little else you can do right now, some will take notice of the letter, some will choose to ignore it.
      So if they do knock on the door, stay calm and just tell them that the account is in dispute with the OC and you will only correspond in writing. You are under no obligation to even discuss why the account is in dispute with the collector, kindly ask them to leave your property and just close the door.

If you do have visitors at the time, hopefully they will be out of earshot and just explain away the DCA as nothing more than a door to door salesman, or someone who has come to wrong address.

Remember, legally there is nothing they can do, their tactics are simply to try and scare you into making a payment.

Good Luck

Comment

Ah Barry really sorry to hear of the visit! They do try their best to scare you! Allan's advice is good, just stay calm.

Send the letters off and to be honest I would be inclined not to answer the door unless i knew that i was expecting someone...

Comment

Thanks guys, letters will go out first thing Monday, have a great weekend !

pb

Comment

hi pb,
            I had a door step call from resolvecall earlier this week just told him we will only comunicate in writing and he will be wasting his time coming again. Whether he comes again only time will tell. If PTC comes again you will just have to ignore him or tell him to go away he cannot do anything, but it is the embarrassment you feel which is not nice, but going down the UE route it seems this is what we must expect, taking photos of your house is him trying to intimidate you, take no notice, personally I would ask for several copies of the photos, I know its easier said than done.
            good luck for next time
            Helmsman

Comment

Originally posted by poorbarry View Post
              Just had a DCA from coop knock, very bad attitude and taking photos of my house. Please advise asap in both cases please. This one says he's coming back on Wednesday......what do I send them both and will that stop them ?

PB
              Really, is he now? He has no legal right to take photo's of anything that belongs to you and I would therefore go out on Wednesday if he does come back and demand he gives you the camera or demand he removes the illegal photo's forthwith....

If he does not leave your premises then you call the cops - its trespass basically, he has NO right....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'll let you know if he turns up today.
                Best wishes
                pb

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'll let you know if he turns up today.
                  Best wishes
                  pb
                  Guess not then....?
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes he did, at 3.20. Gave him chapter and verse before he started talking, thrust a copy of the letter I'd sent the Coop into his grubby mitt, told him the pics were illegal and that I want confirmation in writing that they have deleted them. Warned him if he or any other agents come here again we'll consider it trespass and take action...........he walked off all sheepish and said sorry to bother you !!!!!!!!! YAY

Comment

Well done Barry!
                      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Ah Barry - well done you!!!!!

Comment

Yes he did, at 3.20. Gave him chapter and verse before he started talking, thrust a copy of the letter I'd sent the Coop into his grubby mitt, told him the pics were illegal and that I want confirmation in writing that they have deleted them. Warned him if he or any other agents come here again we'll consider it trespass and take action...........he walked off all sheepish and said sorry to bother you !!!!!!!!! YAY
                          good one PB well done
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Barry

Comment

Thanks everyone, it feels really good to know your rights and have the confidence to shove them down their throat.....that felt great !!

Comment

well done, bet if felt great

Comment

Working...
                                X