GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Poorbarry UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poorbarry UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poorbarry UE Diary

Originally posted by poorbarry
    A further issue Niddy, 3 years ago my mother died leaving her house to me and my sister. However her live in partner who was ill and claiming sick benefit lived with her and in her will she requested that he stay rent free until he died. He paid the bills etc (there was no mortgage). He died just at the start of the recession, the house was in a dodgy suburb of Newcastle so not appealing on most fronts. I put the place on the market but only after taking out a bridging loan secured on it (at the time I had no idea how bad things were to get) and two things (both bad) have come from this. The first one is we had to pay council tax (50%) whilst it was empty awaiting sale as well as all the other things, utilities, insurance etc. Anway, we managed to sell the place last year at a massive discount to what we originally marketed it for but with outstanding council tax to date of £531.93. I had made an arrangement with Gateshead Council but I couldn't keep up so yesterday we had a bailiff call with a notice which I'll scan and send to you. What do you think ?
    I'll write on the other matter shortly.
    Regards,
    PB
    Ahh so you have already had a liability order then, ignored this and now it's gone to bailiffs?

There is specific help on bailiffs on this thread, unfortunately for you though once you have missed/ignored the liability order and they are involved then things can and generally do get out of hand. Council Tax is different to consumer debt and thus the laws are also different, you cannot ignore a council tax debt so get into some arrangement to pay the arrears. You may find the bailiff charges too much, if so then appeal the charges with the council.

RobertoMoir (a moderator here) is the best person to answer this, send him a PM. He is an ex bailiff. k
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy, I've mailed Roberto re bailiff, thank you.

Re John Lewis, just so I understand the risk a) If I ignore it then I assume they can issue a CCJ and make it stick.
      b) If I make a proposal that's very small can they just say not acceptable and go striaght to a CCJ...I want to avoid this obviously. I'm already in default so that's no threat.
      PB

Comment

Hiya

try this - similar query I answered earlier: ---> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=725&p=26391#p26391

You need to spend MORE time reading here (the forums) as all your questions will be answered...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya

I seen your email but unfortunately this is not something I feel confident enough in, to help. Did Roberto reply to you, he did log-in late last night for a while.....?

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Any idea when Roberto may have chance to reply ? I need to contact these guys but would like to be armed with some guidance if possible.
            Rgds,
            PB

Comment

Hiya

He was on yesterday, if you sent a PM then i'd presume he will respond, if not may be an idea to post on legal beagles or something if you need an instant answer, that is where Paul (our moderator) and other legal bodies hang out....

Comment

Hi Niddy, thanks for that. I've still not heard from Roberto so I'll try the site you've suggested.
                Regards
                pb

Comment

I'll get onto Paul. I need to know if he's with us or not.

Sorry for messing you around!

Comment

Don't worry Niddy, you're not messing me around, you've been fantastic !! I simply wanted to be armed with whatever Paul had to say before I tackled this bailiff.

PB

Comment

Have you posted a PM to Paul or started a thread on legal beagles....? That has a lot of the legal guys in from CAG so do that..... Paul is a wee bit busy right now, he'll get here when he can but I feel tight pressuring him to come here, to my site - if you see what I mean? Send him a PM or start a thread over on Legal Beagles - if you PM tell him Niddy sent you from all-about-debt.... y

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I will. Did you get my email and enclosures re Capital 1 yesterday?

Regards,
                        pb

Comment

Hiya

You can ignore this letter from Capital One - it is a bog standard reply from them... y

Comment

Thanks mate..you really do inspire us.
                            pb

Comment

Originally posted by poorbarry
                              Thanks mate..you really do inspire us.
                              pb
                              ;Red ;Red ;Red

* thanks

Comment

Hiya ya

You need to update this before emailing me! However, Capital One - just ignore it for the moment. As they have been ringing you though, send this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=178#p178 (send it to whoever harasses you by phone so it can go to either/or Debitas/Crappy1).

Basically they have now terminated the account (big deal) and as for the other threat, from Debitas; send this (to Debitas): ---> viewtopic.php?p=2310#p2310

Can you confirm, did Crappy1 send you a default notice or just the termination notice? Please be specific?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X