GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Thought so but thought I'd better check!

Cheers

Comment

MBNA CC
      MBNA CC
      Commenced 18/08/06
      Balance £10,225.41
      Last Paid Jan 2011
      CCA’d

01/02/2011: Chasing payment letter sent by MBNA - ignored
      28/02/2011: Account seriously in arrears letter sent by MBNA - ignored
      02/03/2011: We want to help you letter sent by MBNA - ignored
      09/03/2011: Can’t believe you are ignoring us letter sent by MBNA – ignored
      17/03/2011: Default Notification letter sent by MBNA – ignored
      CCA request sent to MBNA – not sure of date
      28/03/2011: CCA reply sent by MBNA
      06/04/2011: Potential Charging Order letter sent by MBNA – ignored
      13/05/2011: CO and/or AOE threat letter sent by MBNA – ignored
      17/05/2011: Potential CO on property letter sent by MBNA – ignored
      03/06/2011: Default Notice sent by MBNA - ignored

emailed Niddy CCA request reply to look at

Comment

Tesco CC
        Commenced
        Balance £9,585.63
        Last Paid Over 6 months ago * *will update

27/05/2011: Sent CCA request to Tesco
        24/06/2011: Received CCA reply from Tesco
        21/07/2011: Received “please remedy” letter from Tesco – ignored
        05/08/2011: Received overdue letter – ignored
        24/08/2011: Received please contact us letter from Tesco - ignored
        09/09/2011: Received Default Notice from Tesco – ignored
        30/09/2011: Received ACCOUNT TERMINATION letter from Tesco – ignored
        18/10/2011: Received chasing letter from Triton Credit Services – ignored
        04/11/2011: Received PAYMENT DEMAND letter from Triton - ignored

Sent CCA request reply to Niddy to check

Comment

Finally, here is a list of cards that I have so far kept up repayments with but who have also hiked interest/cut limits.

Natwest Visa CC 30
          Commenced before 2006
          Balance £3,729.00
          Last Paid 20/11/2011

Natwest Visa CC 35
          Commenced approx 1996
          Balance £5,035.81
          Last paid Oct 2011

Natwest Mastercard CC
          Commenced approx 1996
          Balance £4,750.53
          Last Paid 10/2011

Asda Card CC
          Commenced within last 2 years
          Balance £4,802.89
          Last Paid £150 9th November 2011

American Express CC
          Commenced before 2004
          Balance £3,365.95
          Last Paid min payment October 28 2011

Halifax (with which I have a joint acct with OH)
          Commenced before 2006
          Balance £6,890.14
          Last Paid 20/10/2011
          Last edited by billytommo; 3 December 2011, 00:20.

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
            MBNA CC
            MBNA CC
            Commenced 18/08/06
            Balance £10,225.41
            Last Paid Jan 2011
            CCA’d

01/02/2011: Chasing payment letter sent by MBNA - ignored
            28/02/2011: Account seriously in arrears letter sent by MBNA - ignored
            02/03/2011: We want to help you letter sent by MBNA - ignored
            09/03/2011: Can’t believe you are ignoring us letter sent by MBNA – ignored
            17/03/2011: Default Notification letter sent by MBNA – ignored
            CCA request sent to MBNA – not sure of date
            28/03/2011: CCA reply sent by MBNA
            06/04/2011: Potential Charging Order letter sent by MBNA – ignored
            13/05/2011: CO and/or AOE threat letter sent by MBNA – ignored
            17/05/2011: Potential CO on property letter sent by MBNA – ignored
            03/06/2011: Default Notice sent by MBNA - ignored

emailed Niddy CCA request reply to look at
            This is odd, on page 1 of the agreement is does not state "Credit Agreement Regulated blah blah" which isn't good but then on page 2 it does state it, it also contains all the PT's. Page 1 is the application form and I'll check with Paul if the regulated element needs to be on this page (but I don't think so).

Can I check, were you a ltd company or sole trader at the time and did they open the account with a balance or was it at £0?

Did they charge an annual fee if so how much? Did you complete the form, ie is it your handwriting? Did you sign the form?

Its enforceable however, but just looking for anything that can help you here.....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tesco CC
              Commenced
              Balance £9,585.63
              Last Paid Over 6 months ago * *will update

27/05/2011: Sent CCA request to Tesco
              24/06/2011: Received CCA reply from Tesco
              21/07/2011: Received “please remedy” letter from Tesco – ignored
              05/08/2011: Received overdue letter – ignored
              24/08/2011: Received please contact us letter from Tesco - ignored
              09/09/2011: Received Default Notice from Tesco – ignored
              30/09/2011: Received ACCOUNT TERMINATION letter from Tesco – ignored
              18/10/2011: Received chasing letter from Triton Credit Services – ignored
              04/11/2011: Received PAYMENT DEMAND letter from Triton - ignored

Sent CCA request reply to Niddy to check
              This is totally unenforceable as all they've sent is the terms - nothing that suggests what it is, that you asked for it, that you agreed to it or the terms - nada!

100%

Regards Try-it-On no need to respond yet, see what they do next
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy

MBNA - I was a sole trader at the time.
                Before the card concerned I applied for and got a card. They then, over the next few years, sent me at least three more cards all with different account numbers: I neither applied for nor asked for these cards, they just turned up! They rang me up and offered me the chance to combine them onto one card. 0% for 6 months and all that. Wished I'd known then what I know now obviously!

I wasn't charged an annual fee. I didn't complete the form but I honestly cannot remember (how I wish I could!!!) whether I received it to sign or not.

Thanks

Billy

Comment

Niddy

MBNA - I was a sole trader at the time.
                  Before the card concerned I applied for and got a card. They then, over the next few years, sent me at least three more cards all with different account numbers: I neither applied for nor asked for these cards, they just turned up! They rang me up and offered me the chance to combine them onto one card. 0% for 6 months and all that. Wished I'd known then what I know now obviously!

I wasn't charged an annual fee. I didn't complete the form but I honestly cannot remember (how I wish I could!!!) whether I received it to sign or not.

Thanks

Billy
                  Thanks for info
                  1. Ok, so you would have had a fight to go on had the other accounts been opened as sending an unsolicited credit offer is not allowed. However if you've now taken one out and combined the others into it - bad luck, we only work on the credentials of the current card now as the others are done, dusted, finished

2. Is it your handwriting on that form, simple question mate....?

Comment

No mate. 100% not my writing. Like I said, it is my signature but I cannot remember whether they sent it to me to sign and return. They have possibly been creative but I wish I could remember.

Comment

No mate. 100% not my writing. Like I said, it is my signature but I cannot remember whether they sent it to me to sign and return. They have possibly been creative but I wish I could remember.
                      Hmmm, not your writing - are the details shown, correct though - ie is that how you would have filled the form in?

Ok, the date under the signature, your writing?

Comment

I'm on my phone at the minute so I'll have to look at the date under the signature but the really annoying thing is that I can remember having the conversation on the phone about this card and you can see all the notes that person I spoke to made on the form as though they were made as that person and myself were having the conversation that I remember us having (obviously not word for word!) so I can only say that I believe that the form contains information that I supplied. The only question is whether the signature on that form has been put there by me with a pen or someone with access to a copy of my signature. I'm going to have a dig around and let you know.

Cheers mate

Comment

Niddy

If I had to have a guess then I'd say that the signature was genuine. I still can't say for certain that I can deffo remember.

Did you manage to have a look at the rest of the list? The ones that I'm still paying. I think that I know what you're going to say!

Billy

Comment

Natwest Visa CC 30
                            Commenced before 2006
                            Balance £3,729.00
                            Last Paid 20/11/2011

---> Send CCA Request!

Natwest Visa CC 35
                            Commenced approx 1996
                            Balance £5,035.81
                            Last paid Oct 2011

---> Send CCA Request!

Natwest Mastercard CC
                            Commenced approx 1996
                            Balance £4,750.53
                            Last Paid 10/2011

---> Send CCA Request!

Asda Card CC
                            Commenced within last 2 years
                            Balance £4,802.89
                            Last Paid £150 9th November 2011

---> Keep paying this if you can afford it!

American Express CC
                            Commenced before 2004
                            Balance £3,365.95
                            Last Paid min payment October 28 2011

---> Send CCA Request!

Halifax (with which I have a joint acct with OH)
                            Commenced before 2006
                            Balance £6,890.14
                            Last Paid 20/10/2011

---> Send CCA Request - can you get a new Joint A/C with another bank or do you want to keep this going to retain one relationship....?

Comment

Niddy

If I had to have a guess then I'd say that the signature was genuine. I still can't say for certain that I can deffo remember.

Did you manage to have a look at the rest of the list? The ones that I'm still paying. I think that I know what you're going to say!

Billy
                              I'm not asking about the signature mate - I asked if your handwriting was anywhere on that form?

I suspect not therefore it'll be unenforceable as a dodgy recon

I have updated the "list" in bold red above

Comment

The form was filled in by someone I talked to on the phone. Like I said, the only writing on there that could possibly be mine is the sig and the date (if I signed it then I would have dated it) but the rest is definitely NOT my writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X