GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wishfull's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishfull's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: wishfullthinkings UE Diary

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Those discount letters are designed to tempt you into acknowledging the debt and resetting the SB clock!
    I didn't think this was possible? I thought the SB was six years from the default notice.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
      I didn't think this was possible? I thought the SB was six years from the default notice.
      What is statute barred debt?

Statute barred debt is debt which in certain circumstances becomes unenforceable in court. The piece of legislation which sets out these circumstances is the Limitations Act 1980. So when a creditor comes chasing you for an old debt you can use the following information to access whether or not your debt is time barred.
      How long can a creditor chase a debt?

This is dependent on the type of debt you have. The most common form of debt which people ask about in our forum is unsecured debts eg credit cards, personal loans, store cards, catalogues, bank loans, finance company loans etc. The Limitations Act 1980 states that when the following conditions are met then the debt cannot be pursue through the courts.

The conditions are:-
      • That the creditor has not taken court action against you, eg CCJ, AND
      • You have not made any payments on the debt over the last 6 years,AND
      • During the years, you haven't written to the creditor acknowledging that owe them money.
      As you can see all three conditions must be met in order for the debt to be "time barred". So the answer to the above question is 6 years.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Here ---> MS storecards turned credit cards - Page 9 - allaboutFORUMS

Explained
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
          What is statute barred debt?

Statute barred debt is debt which in certain circumstances becomes unenforceable in court. The piece of legislation which sets out these circumstances is the Limitations Act 1980. So when a creditor comes chasing you for an old debt you can use the following information to access whether or not your debt is time barred.
          How long can a creditor chase a debt?

This is dependent on the type of debt you have. The most common form of debt which people ask about in our forum is unsecured debts eg credit cards, personal loans, store cards, catalogues, bank loans, finance company loans etc. The Limitations Act 1980 states that when the following conditions are met then the debt cannot be pursue through the courts.

The conditions are:-
          • That the creditor has not taken court action against you, eg CCJ, AND
          • You have not made any payments on the debt over the last 6 years,AND
          • During the years, you haven't written to the creditor acknowledging that owe them money.

As you can see all three conditions must be met in order for the debt to be "time barred". So the answer to the above question is 6 years.
          Thanks for the explanation.
          I think i may confusing Statute Barred with the Consumer credit reporting agency records.
          My prime concern is my defaults dropping off. My understanding is they will drop off six years (or there about) after they were logged regardless if the account still has a balance on it, or if it has been settled.
          The Statute Barred bit prevents a lender lawfully chasing old debts.
          If the contracts have been lost, or unenforceable then the letters before this time can be used for lighting bbq's i guess.

I do hope i have finally understood this correctly?

Edit: Sorry for hi-jacking (another thread!)
          Last edited by SA Gold; 21 August 2012, 15:05. Reason: Thread hi-jacking again!
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            Yes, you have!

Your defaults will drop off 6 years after they were recorded which won't be the same date your debt goes SBd as that's 6 years after last payment or acknowledgment in writing (5 in Scotland). If you were paying through a DMP then the debt could still be live years after the defaults drop off!
            Brill, glad i have got my head around it and thanks for clarification!
            Yeah, that did cross my mind but i guess the defaults are the main thing to get rid of!
            Here's to the bbq's!

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
              Brill, glad i have got my head around it and thanks for clarification!
              I did link to a layman version here --->

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I did link to a layman version here --->
                Quality thanks Niddy! It's all starting to make sense to me now, thanks to this great forum!

Comment

• Wishfull's UE Diary

Originally posted by wishfullthinking View Post
                  ok he it works
                  debt one
                  nat west credit card
                  started 03 02 04
                  current balence £5090.00
                  credit limit £4700.00
                  6 payments behind but sending token 1 pound
                  have agreed to stop interest and charges for 6 months
                  debt still with nat west no dmc involved yet
                  CCA SENT 04/10/10
                  default on cra file 21/10/2010
                  19/10/2010 cca reminder template sent
                  31/10/2010 still heard nowt back from natwest
                  20/11/2010 blank cca sent copy stamped all over it,hopefully they dont have an original
                  20/11/2010 cca letter sent as per niddy
                  20/11/2010 letter saying gonna hand it over to a debt collection agency
                  01/12.2010 letter saying not responded gonna hand it over to external dca
                  08/01/2011 payment demand from triton
                  31/03/2011 letter from green co solisiters threatening court action
                  will update this again soon this account is now closed with zero balence i have one more thing to do and will spill the beans asap
                  18/05/2013 this account had roughly £2500 worth of ppi so i done a full and final offer of £1500 they came back with an offer of £1574 wich i accepted used all the templates on here, took two months for my credit files to be updated to settled and zero balence so put in my ppi request which nat west refused but the fos have upheld so just waiting to see what happennes next
                  Last edited by IF; 12 April 2014, 09:14.
                  at the start of this journey i owed
                  £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                  £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                  on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                  as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                  ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

• Re: Wishfull's UE Diary

Wishful finally arrived back its been worse than trying to get into Fort Knox getting back into the site
                    Will update my diary ASAP but nothing major has happened or hopefully about too
                    on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]

Comment

Originally posted by Wishfull View Post
                      Wishful finally arrived back
                      Have you been somewhere nice? You've been gone over a year

Comment

No just work but couldn't get in forgot all my passwords then couldn't remember my user name couldn't get on bt mail to reset anything
                        Last edited by Wishfull; 18 October 2015, 21:27.

Comment

Just had a letter from PRA GROUP they have taken one of my debts over from Buchanan Clark and wells it's one of my mbna debts

Comment

Just had a letter from PRA GROUP they have taken one of my debts over from Buchanan Clark and wells it's one of my mbna debts

I've replied on your new PRA thread here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post556032

Plan B x

Comment

debt 5 orange
                              started 04 01 2007
                              balence is £190.00
                              missed 3 payments
                              no token payments sent
                              £190.00 is an on going thing they wont give me a final balence yet as they say i still have to pay the monthly amount for the 24 month contract
                              debt still with orange
                              experian has flagged this as fsc barrel what ever that means
                              09/10/10 letter from dca debt legal and collections threat of door step visit amount £829.37
                              sent threat of doorstep visit letter 09/10/10 recorded delivery with soa and cccs letter
                              will now ignore them then eventually offer f&f offer [help may be needed here at later date]
                              This has now been paid if full and gone off my credit file

Comment

This is now SB thanks to u guys that's ten k I have saved

Comment

Working...
                                X